TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Super Snake Verification Question

I have a question from a UK owner who wants to know if his car is a SuperSnake. it has this plaque on the dash - there are no others under the hood. Can anyone help please ?

37654797692_ed50660a98_n.jpg

Edited by JerseySandy

I have a question from a UK owner who wants to know if his car is a SuperSnake. it has this plaque on the dash - there are no others under the hood. Can anyone help please ?

That plaque is a fake.

VIN # 1ZVBP8CH9A5152767 belongs to a 2010 Mustang GT. FYI, Shelby American had no mod shop programs/builds for a 2010 Mustang with the 4.6 engine. The only 2010 Shelby build was the GT500 Super Snake with the 5.4 engine.

Lets hope that any future buyers of this car Google the cars VIN number before writing a check so that they hopefully will see this thread.

Steven

Appears that this fake Super Snake was on ebay back in May 2016 from a Florida seller with an opening bid of $25,000 below are some quotes from the sellers ebay description:

• You are viewing a Extra clean 2010 Ford Mustang GT 500 Please note the vehicle has a Clean Title Started a a 2010 Mustang GT Body everything in the car is from a 2011 GT 500 Built to Race But never Raced
  • NOTE This car does not have cats and will not pass emisions unless standard exhust system is fitted.
  • This is a Great Car at A Great Price
  • Color White with Black Leather seats interior
  • The car has only 25000 Actual miles.
  • Low Miles are actual
  • Options Added Are:
  • Long Tube ceramic Headers
  • AFO inter cooler
  • Morosso SC Tank
  • Eibach Coil Overs
  • 373 rear gear Limited
  • Watson Roll cage
  • FMS Upgraded Super charger 750HP
  • 20" Wheels Avangarde with Michelin Tires
  • UPR rear Adj Contrl arms
  • UPR adj rear upper diff mtg
  • Short Shifter
  • 15" Brembo Brakes (FMS)
  • Magna flow 3"race Exhaust (No Cats)
  • FMS sway bars
  • Appox 660HP on Rear wheels
  • Car is sold "as is" Has GPS and everything works as it should
  • Engine Light is on due to no cats on exhaust
  • Airbag light is on due to fault on Passenger seat
  • Power windows
  • Power locks
  • CD Radio
  • Has two Keys
  • This GT shows as extra clean with orignal paintwork and carbon fibre vynyl top
  • Windows has been tinted
  • It has been freshly serviced and is ready for it's new owner.

Thank you all. I had my suspicions, the car ended up in the UK. I did decode the VIN which confirmed it was originally a 2010 GT 4.6. We have already indicated it is a fake and asked him to check the VIN with SA. The additional info you guys found on the car is very helpful and I will pass it on to the UK owner. With Kind Regards Alex

Edited by JerseySandy

^^^^What is the info. in the lower right and left corners on this plaque?? "DRAG PACK" and "2 SEATER EDITION"...........Huh??

R