TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Plates

UPSTATE

OK for those of us that live in a state where the front plates are needed has anyone found an alternative mounting system to drilling. Some have said Velcro but the factory mount has very little coming in contact with the car to stick the Velcro on. The Velcro on the bumper over time could not be peeled off the stripe so it is no better than drilling. Any thoughts of how to mount or attach it to the bumper? Any products offered?

OK for those of us that live in a state where the front plates are needed has anyone found an alternative mounting system to drilling. Some have said Velcro but the factory mount has very little coming in contact with the car to stick the Velcro on. The Velcro on the bumper over time could not be peeled off the stripe so it is no better than drilling. Any thoughts of how to mount or attach it to the bumper? Any products offered?

Use the search feature. It's there. Front plates...or the lack of....are what are referred to as probable cause.

If they stop you....it's not for the lack of a plate. It's an equipment violation, not a moving violation.

bj

Here is the new license plate bracket that I got . It will sell for $60.00+shipping. If interested you can send a e-mail to shelby07svt@yahoo.com.

This bracket is made of 12ga. 304 stainless with stainless mounting bolts. There is no drilling as it uses existing bolt holes. Takes five minutes to put on and rests on a 1/2" thick rubber pad

Here is a link to the plate bracket that centerfire is talking about. Hope the link works.

http://www.trailerrebuilders.com/

I remember someone discussing having a magnetic vinyl duplicate of their plate made for the front end--I thought this was a cool idea? Anyone remember this post or actually do this?

CC

I seem to remember that conversation. Cool idea, but I highly doubt it's legal.

The website and all link to trailerrebuilders.com is dead.

Do you have any pics?

Thanks

Just went to the site to try and get some pics off of it. Seems to work fine. I wasnt able to get pics from the site but got some off of another forum post. Here are the links. Hope they work

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/400071...shelbyfront.JPG

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/99ebb1032/shelbykit.JPG

I remember someone discussing having a magnetic vinyl duplicate of their plate made for the front end--I thought this was a cool idea? Anyone remember this post or actually do this?

CC

I think you'll find this is illegal in most States/Provinces. It is here in B.C. Must be the plate that is issued and if they issue two, both must be displayed...one front & one back. Also, the plates can't be modified. There was a post on this site from an Ontario member who was in trouble for trimming the edges of his front plate. Sheesh!

JR

I got this product. Its very well made (solid and exactly the right size) and takes 5 mins to put on with no holes to drill. Shipping was quick and professionally done. Looks very good on car and sits nice and low away from bumper.

Same here markham. It looks great and is very solid, wont have to worry about the wind bending it or the curb "oops... dang it". I called him and he does make them out of aluminum if anyone wants aluminum. Made of 10ga. aluminum but other wise is exactly like the 304 stainless steel one. Price on aluminum is $40.00 plus shipping Ken told me.

Archived