TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The almost Gth story... truth or rumor?

So I have heard a story about how there were only 499 of the 2007 Shelby Gt-H Convertibles, supposedly due to one of the Mustangs falling off the transporters, prior to it making it to Las Vegas to be transformed into the Gt-H. The mustang destined to become a GTH but never made it.

Is anyone here or in Shelby able to confirm or deny this story. And if so, any details to add?

Nonetheless an interesting story.

CSSHELBYKID

Edited by CSSHELBYKID

Don't know if what you heard was a tall tale or not but it has been previously posted by some one who works at SAI that there were 500 produced in the registry.maybe Steve will chime in to clear this one up.

Edited by mhr1961

So I have heard a story about how there were only 499 of the 2007 Shelby Gt-H Convertibles, supposedly due to one of the Mustangs falling off the transporters, prior to it making it to Las Vegas to be transformed into the Gt-H. The mustang destined to become a GTH but never made it.

Is anyone here or in Shelby able to confirm or deny this story. And if so, any details to add?

CSSHELBYKID

I remember seeing #500 at the old North Las Vegas Museum. I've got pictures of it somewhere. There was 500 built for sure.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if one went missing somewhere along the line.

QSS

CSSHELBYKID

Who knew that Ford stopped building Mustang's after they completed the Hertz order at the Flat Rock assembly plant? What else would explain why Ford would not be able to just build another Mustang to replace this 'damaged' car?

And you do realize that these cars were shipped to Shelby American by train rail cars and not by a truck transporter, right? I guess the story teller forgot that detail.

So to answer your question, no there are no details to add to the story you heard but if you get a chance to ask the person who told you this story on why didn't Ford just build another Mustang or how did the car fall off a truck when it was shipped by rail, please let us all know.

Steven

I remember seeing #500 at the old North Las Vegas Museum. I've got pictures of it somewhere. There was 500 built for sure.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if one went missing somewhere along the line.

QSS

I believe the plaque you are referring to, displayed at the museum with an '06 GTH , incorrectly stated "a total of 517" cars were built.

QSS is probably referring to 06H0500 that was owned by Shelby American at one point. This GTH was on display in the Speedway museum.

Steve

That must have been it. I remember #500 being at the museum. Just couldn't remember if it was the 06 or 07 car. I'm sure I've got pics somewhere.

QSS