TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to find a 2014 Shelby with a build date of 1-6-14

motortribe

Im looking for a gt500 with a build date of 1-6-14 as its my daughters birthday and it would be special to me if I could find that same date. I really don't know how to go about finding a car with that date as the cars Vin doesn't seem to tell me the date it was built. Any advice would help how to figure out the vins that where built on that date. Thanks!

Im looking for a gt500 with a build date of 1-6-14 as its my daughters birthday and it would be special to me if I could find that same date. I really don't know how to go about finding a car with that date as the cars Vin doesn't seem to tell me the date it was built. Any advice would help how to figure out the vins that where built on that date. Thanks!

That type of info is not readily available to the average consumer. CarFax does list a manufacturer date on their reports, see photo below, but I've never verified if the CarFax date actually matches the drivers door jamb sticker manufacturer date.

There is also a guy/business in Arizona that has the capability to sort Ford data by build date but I highly doubt he would just hand over a list of cars built on that date.

Steven

carfax.jpg

The Marti report would have this, but as Steven mentions, I don't know if that is information for the public to obtain. My Marti report shows the following dates:

• Date order received
  • Car serialized date
  • Bucked
  • Scheduled for Build
  • Actually built
  • Released
  • Sold

The good news is that 1/6/14 was a Monday, so there is at least a chance you can find one.

I am especially interested in your quest. I had a 1965 Chevy truck because I was born that year and I thought it would be cool to have something from my birth year. My neighbor inherited a 1965 Chevy truck from his dad, the original owner. His truck came with the build sheet, and you guessed it, rolled off the assembly line the exact day I was born. What are the odds, right? 50 some-odd years and just 4 houses away.

I've already told him that he is to sell it to nobody other than me if he ever parts with it. :)

Edited by groop

The good news is that 1/6/14 was a Monday, so there is at least a chance you can find one.

Good thought there on the day of the week. Next question is was the assembly line up & running on Jan 6th as they usually shut down for several weeks at the end of December beginning of January .

The attachment below is from a 2012 but it's the same on my 2014 GT-500. The red circled item is the build date or at least it matched up with mine. If you have a VIN, you should be able to download a MSRP smaller window sticker. Then look along the bottom portion for the build date.

2012_00065_06.jpg

This is the best I could find on 2013-14 Flat Rock holiday shut down from a 12/23/2013 article:

The Detroit Three have traditionally idled their production facilities between Christmas Eve and New Year’s. This year, General Motors and Ford are keeping their plants idle until January 2 to reduce excess inventories of some models on dealer lots.

So the employee's were there on the 6th and one would assume the line was running.

OhOh............ just found this, also from 12/23/2013:

Meanwhile, Ford is also taking the holiday season to close off some of its plants. The Flat Rock assembly plant will not be up and running until January 21. The plant, which was already idled for a bit this month as well, builds the Mustang and Fusion. The automaker is also closing a plant in Mexico for an extra week to slow production of the Fiesta small car.

Not looking too good for the OP's request.

http://www.automotive.com/news/1312-gm-ford-to-extend-holiday-plant-shutdowns/

I restore collectible Mustangs and have been working to save crashed ones recently...and, I tend to keep them after getting them back on the road.

I just picked up a GT500 vert in triple black, stripes deleted. I can save the car, but would love to find the prior owner and get some background on the car, the background, etc.

Any ideas of how to associate the VIN w previous owner? Called to put on the registry alreaady and no info can be shared.

Many thanks in advance.