TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daily driver?

Tossing around some (alot) ideas on my next car purchase and I've always admired the 2007 Shelby GT. Looking for something that will be driven often.

My logic behind pursuing this car, over a standard S197 is that I would probably not modify a rarer car, thus saving alot of time and making my wife happy...

But I would want to drive the car and as I put about 20K miles a year on my cars, it would rack up the miles quite a bit.

Just wondering if any others here daily drive their SGTs? Whos got the highest miles?!

I'm still thinking about it but it seems that one of these are in my top 3 right now

Tossing around some (alot) ideas on my next car purchase and I've always admired the 2007 Shelby GT. Looking for something that will be driven often.

My logic behind pursuing this car, over a standard S197 is that I would probably not modify a rarer car, thus saving alot of time and making my wife happy...

But I would want to drive the car and as I put about 20K miles a year on my cars, it would rack up the miles quite a bit.

Just wondering if any others here daily drive their SGTs? Whos got the highest miles?!

I'm still thinking about it but it seems that one of these are in my top 3 right now

Where are you located? I would hope you wouldn't think about driving it in the snow if you live in the North.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My SGT is my daily (GT500 is mostly a track car now). Mine is one of the few autos but it still rocks as a daily driver.

Fair warning - you may still find yourself doing some modding. There are some things that Shelby didn't touch when building these cars and so can benefit from improvement just like any other S197. First thing I did was lower control arms and relocation brackets, 1 piece driveshaft, and watts link. Car was good before, but SO much better after. Can't go wrong either way.

• 1 month later...

Drive my gt-h all year long in Chicago for 9 years. I totally love it. Still get compliments at 20 degrees with salt sprayed down the side. (I do wash it once a week...even during snow storms). Carroll said they are built to be driven!

Also, the Shelby GT is probably the least expensive Shelby, so can always get another one ..... 

6 hours ago, case12 said:

Drive my gt-h all year long in Chicago for 9 years. I totally love it. Still get compliments at 20 degrees with salt sprayed down the side. (I do wash it once a week...even during snow storms). Carroll said they are built to be driven!

Also, the Shelby GT is probably the least expensive Shelby, so can always get another one ..... 

Casey great to see your still around. We missed you.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is not a daily driver... It has only 15k miles. The streets here are much bumpy and we have a big security problem, so I use the car to fun myself on motorways, but I enjoy each meter. Here in my country we have only two Shelby GT, so it's even more exclusive.