TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Las Vegas Shooting ..... :(

Bill Hamilton

I hope and pray all of our Shelby American and Team Shelby members and friends are alive and well after this horrific mass shooting in Las Vegas. My Son is an Air Force member and lives in the Las Vegas area. He and his family were not at the concert and are well.

Hopefully one of our Shelby American members will speak up and let us know that they are all okay.

I will be in Vegas in early December to attend a banking conference and to visit with my son's family and grandkids. One of my stops will be the Shelby American facilities (again). I always try and stop by when I'm out that way.

The death toll now stands at 58 with over 500 injured. We are 100% coverage on the local stations. I'm "newsed out", as usual with such events after 15 minutes you've heard everything and they just circle around and repeat themselves. The sheriff just had a press conference. The woman is not involved. Apparently he was carrying something of her ID but the sheriff said she is out of the country.

When I first heard the news this morning I thought the target was "The Beach" at the Mandaly Bay facility, but he was shooting at an outdoor concert area that is across Las Vegas Blvd and abuts to the airport. People that have attended the Barrett Jackson auction at the Mandalay are familiar as this site is used for overflow parking.

Many of the injuries are from crowd trampling but they haven't broken out how many were gunshot related.

There is a cell-phone video that shows the concert in progress then automatic weapons fire that everyone thought at first was fireworks. The music paused, the gunfire paused, and then the gunfire started up again.

He reportedly had at least 10 weapons in his room.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The death toll now stands at 58 with over 500 injured. We are 100% coverage on the local stations. I'm "newsed out", as usual with such events after 15 minutes you've heard everything and they just circle around and repeat themselves. The sheriff just had a press conference. The woman is not involved. Apparently he was carrying something of her ID but the sheriff said she is out of the country.

When I first heard the news this morning I thought the target was "The Beach" at the Mandaly Bay facility, but he was shooting at an outdoor concert area that is across Las Vegas Blvd and abuts to the airport. People that have attended the Barrett Jackson auction at the Mandalay are familiar as this site is used for overflow parking.

Many of the injuries are from crowd trampling but they haven't broken out how many were gunshot related.

There is a cell-phone video that shows the concert in progress then automatic weapons fire that everyone thought at first was fireworks. The music paused, the gunfire paused, and then the gunfire started up again.

He reportedly had at least 10 weapons in his room.

It is really too early to say anything definitive at this point in time. To say the woman is not involved is not accurate. Yes, she wasn’t there pulling a trigger, but that doesn’t mean she was not involved. At this time she is in the Philippines, and it has been reported by law enforcement that she is a person of interest. Nobody knows yet what involvement she may or may not have had, and even if they did know anything they probably wouldn’t say what it is yet since it is an ongoing investigation. There will be more accurate reporting in the coming days as to whether she was involved in any way or not. Also while it has been stated that it was a lone gunman, I am sure that Law enforcement is and will be looking at this tragic event from many angles and they aren’t ruling out terrorism just yet nor are they ruling out the girlfriend being involved in some manner.

Small Shelby Related Footnote:

The was also a local sheriff deputy who was being interviewed by media via phone who said that one of his kids was there at the concert and they called him to tell him there was an active shooter. He stated on the phone to the news media that “ I immediately hopped in my Shelby Mustang and reached speeds of up to 120 mph trying to get to the scene as quickly as possible”.

As others have stated, hopefully everyone at Shelby is ok. Thoughts and prayer to all who were affected by this tragedy.

This investigation is far from over and there is much speculation. We will all know more in coming days as more people are interviewed and law enforcement starts putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Prayers to victims, family, friends, and our first responders in Las Vegas.

GG

The death toll now stands at 58 with over 500 injured. We are 100% coverage on the local stations. I'm "newsed out", as usual with such events after 15 minutes you've heard everything and they just circle around and repeat themselves....

This highlights my principal objection to today's "media", in all media: They can't wait to become the message, competing for sound-bite gold, filling the conduit for news with minimally-disguised self-promotional time-fillers. It's as if they are afraid that if they aren't totally fascinating at every moment, viewers will change to a more dramatic, hysterical channel and abandon them forever. Not a bad idea—the abandonment, that is.

• 2 weeks later...