TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GTH Owners Packet available from Hertz

SAI-Steven

For anyone who has purchased a 2016 Shelby GTH ex-rental car the Hertz Corporation has available a paperwork packet upon providing proof of ownership.

I believe these paperwork packets will be similar to the 2006-07 packets that should contain items such as the original Ford Mustang Monroney label and copies of the MSO and Ford/Shelby invoices.

Drop me an email at stevent@shelby.com and I'll reply with the Hertz contact info on how to claim your owners packet from them.

Steve

For anyone who has purchased a 2016 Shelby GTH ex-rental car the Hertz Corporation has available a paperwork packet upon providing proof of ownership.

I believe these paperwork packets will be similar to the 2006-07 packets that should contain items such as the original Ford Mustang Monroney label and copies of the MSO and Ford/Shelby invoices.

Drop me an email at stevent@shelby.com and I'll reply with the Hertz contact info on how to claim your owners packet from them.

Steve

Very cool Steven.

It was like Christmas getting the packet for our '06

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SAI Steven provided me with the Hertz contact information. I was asked to make sure I had registered my 2016 GT-H here at SAI, which I did.

The package was received within a week of contacting HERTZ. It contained way more than I expected! Excellent customer service!

Original Window Sticker, a Certificate of Origin of Vehicle, an Invoice type of document, and the SAI 4 page invoice.

The SAI Invoice contained (for my car) the verification that SAI Steven had posted that my car did contain the HM-9603-M8 FORD HERTZ Calibration (FORD) in the build (the 91 Octane discussion).

This calibration is a bit of a mystery, was it only for Licensee units? Mine was definitely a rental at the end of its rental tour, not sure if it started out differently in the beginning.

Oh - the surprises: a set of black replacement front grill rivets!

The big surprise was listed on my SAI Invoice, but it seems most of us don't have them: Little black round things with gold lettering.

Can you guess??

Brent # 130 

Edited by blz57
added a word

5 minutes ago, blz57 said:

SAI Steven provided me with the Hertz contact information. I was asked to make sure I had registered my 2016 GT-H here at SAI, which I did.

The package was received within a week of contacting HERTZ. It contained way more than I expected! Excellent customer service!

Original Window Sticker, a Certificate of Origin of Vehicle, an Invoice type of document, and the SAI 4 page invoice.

The SAI Invoice contained (for my car) the verification that SAI Steven had posted that my car did contain the HM-9603-M8 FORD HERTZ Calibration (FORD) in the build (the 91 Octane discussion).

This calibration is a bit of a mystery, was it only for Licensee units? Mine was definitely a rental at the end of its rental tour, not sure if it started out differently in the beginning.

Oh - the surprises: a set of black replacement front grill rivets!

The big surprise was listed on my SAI Invoice, but it seems most of us don't have them: Little round things with gold lettering.

Can you guess??

Brent # 130 

Maybe you can contact Hertz again and ask for the GT H center caps.  I was told Hertz had them. My car has them. Good luck. 

• 2 months later...

I assume that to be labor since Hertz purchased the parts, and they were drop shipped to SA. I don't know if the SA parts are part of the $10K or not. 

10 hours ago, 06H275 said:

Very nice!! How did you get the extra's?

Brian at Costa Mesa was great, he knew a complete car was important to me, and I worked him for any extras like a gold striped pollo shirt lol.

As his second GT-H customer I tipped him off to the Hertz customer packet contact. He made the contact and had the packets sent for both of us. I wonder if he put in a good word for me? Like, do something for for this joker so he'll leave me alone?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Steven, I just purchased #74 a few weeks ago... Can you forward me the contact info at Hertz?

Also, 1 of the rocket panel CF pieces fell off due to what looks like a poor gluing job... Can I just purchase this piece (Driver side)?

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, msing18 said:

Hey guys,

This is off topic a little but I just purchased the 16 Hertz but the Hertz badges are missing on the sides. Does anyone know where I could buy them or get them customized?

Thanks 

All you need to do is reach out to Shelby American's parts department. 

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Process45@aol.com

I have just bought a 2016 Hertz GTH and would like to get this packet with the mouse pad and wheel caps etc, I am having a problem signing in maybe as I had a 2007 Shelby GT. I would also like to know where to find a poster that's frameable quality. Oh I also had a problem with stripes being all screwed up as someone at Hertz pressure washed them, If you can believe anyone would do that. Hertz has been great and are buying  me a new set for me to install ($861.00). But I paid what they wanted, 1st car I have bought without seeing it. I live in Florida and the car was in California. These cars are getting almost impossible to find. Saw a guy in Orlando wants $82.5000. 57 miles never rented? Vantage motors. Well any help getting any of this will be great as I love this car. I sold my 2017 Dodge Challenger T/A plus to get it. What a difference.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:06 PM, Guest Process45@aol.com said:

I have just bought a 2016 Hertz GTH and would like to get this packet with the mouse pad and wheel caps etc, I am having a problem signing in maybe as I had a 2007 Shelby GT. I would also like to know where to find a poster that's frameable quality. Oh I also had a problem with stripes being all screwed up as someone at Hertz pressure washed them, If you can believe anyone would do that. Hertz has been great and are buying  me a new set for me to install ($861.00). But I paid what they wanted, 1st car I have bought without seeing it. I live in Florida and the car was in California. These cars are getting almost impossible to find. Saw a guy in Orlando wants $82.5000. 57 miles never rented? Vantage motors. Well any help getting any of this will be great as I love this car. I sold my 2017 Dodge Challenger T/A plus to get it. What a difference.

Welcome to the group Process45, I assume SAI-Steven has provided the info you need from Hertz by now. There is only one set for each car, so anyone buying second-hand after Hertz needs to be sure original documentation is included.

The stripes are available from Shelby parts in individual sections, I was required to supply proof of ownership, and photos of damaged stripes. Good for you to get replacements included. Depending on your situation as far as finances and originality, a guy might consider investing in a painted stripe.

Be very protective of any GTH emblems, last I talked to parts, spares and replacements are not available.

Good luck on the poster. Chris Ruby in Vegas could set you up with a supercharger and widebody mod. A photo of the finished job in the winners circle would make a fantastic poster!

Edited by Owenbdk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, Guest Process45@aol.com said:

Welcome to the Black & Gold

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest stevent@shelby.com

I have #162 just purchased with 42 miles on it. How can I get the Owners Packet? Also I am a member of Team Shelby. I did receive a packet with pins and a patch when I joined TS is that the same? Frank at z06ing@yahoo.com Thanks 

Guest z06ing@yahoo.com

Hay Steve I just purchased #162 In Orlando and want to get a Hertz Owners Packet. Car had 42 miles on it. I joined Team Shelby last month and will be in my first car show this weekend. Frank 

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Guest stevent@shelby.com said:

I have #162 just purchased with 42 miles on it. How can I get the Owners Packet? Also I am a member of Team Shelby. I did receive a packet with pins and a patch when I joined TS is that the same? Frank at z06ing@yahoo.com Thanks 

On 11/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, Guest z06ing@yahoo.com said:

Hay Steve I just purchased #162 In Orlando and want to get a Hertz Owners Packet. Car had 42 miles on it. I joined Team Shelby last month and will be in my first car show this weekend. Frank 

21 hours ago, Guest steven said:

Steve I have #162 of the 171.  ID#1FA6P8CFXG5328761.  how can I get owners packet.  Email is

z06ing@yahoo.com PH# 727-423-7286.  thanks  Frank Miazga

Not sure if you can read or not, but Steve clearly spelled out in the first post of this thread what to do.

Here. I've made it easy for you:

image.png

Edited by 08SGT1234