TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for the 07 GT-H production banner

Hi all,

I've been talking to SAI for years about all the museum items that were at the old North Las Vegas museum and one particular item is missing in action. I'm wondering if anyone knows where the 2007 GT-H production banner is? This is the banner that was hanging in the rafters in the production area of the old North Las Vegas museum.

I've got the 2006 GT-H production banner and I'd like to try and unite it with the 2007 production banner. If anyone knows of its whereabouts, please contact me.

I've attached a picture of the 07 banner.

Thanks

QSS

post-20749-0-93663100-1505174217_thumb.jpg

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

I was hoping Shelby would have reproduced the 2006/2007 banners but never did. Good luck with the search.

That's why this makes it a difficult search to find the 07 GT-H banner. For awhile Shelby was selling off all the old museum items which is when I bought the 06 banner. I saw the super snake banner sell and I believe the KR banner sold as well. I don't recall seeing the GT banners sell or the 07 GT-H banner so I'm not sure if the are still in the new warehouse somewhere or if they wound up in another persons hands.

I know it's a shot in the dark but maybe the 07 banner will turn up.

QSS

I'm confident this has been covered before but it appears to need to be brought up again. SPP does not have the rights to use the trademarked names, Ford or Hertz.

There is no business case for SPP to peruse licensing agreements with Ford & Hertz, along with a minimum production order, so that a few GTH owners can purchase a replica of something that was never available to the general public.

Please don't take my post as being curt or harsh, many of you know that I'm an GTH fan, just pointing out that you would have better odds playing the lottery than waiting for a GTH banner to be produced.

Just the way it is.

I'm glad I bought the 2007 Shelby GT one when they had it available. It wasn't cheap but it's good quality and an exact replica of the original. Seems like they only had them available for a short time period.

Yup it was something that was requested by owners but once it became available the buyers never materialized so as quickly as it came it went away due to lack of interest.

I have the KR production banner from the old museum as well as whatever other KR museum pieces I saw come up for auction that were auctioned on eBay. The only KR item I never saw come for auction was the brochure/stand piece with the specific car details/specifications.

I'm confident this has been covered before but it appears to need to be brought up again. SPP does not have the rights to use the trademarked names, Ford or Hertz.

There is no business case for SPP to peruse licensing agreements with Ford & Hertz, along with a minimum production order, so that a few GTH owners can purchase a replica of something that was never available to the general public.

Please don't take my post as being curt or harsh, many of you know that I'm an GTH fan, just pointing out that you would have better odds playing the lottery than waiting for a GTH banner to be produced.

Just the way it is.

Yup, discussed before and makes sense. Does not hurt to remind folks. That's why Quicksilver is looking for the one and only. I wanted the 06 but missed the auction or whatever sale media was used at the time.

Edited by H0050

Yup, discussed before and makes sense. Does not hurt to remind folks. That's why Quicksilver is looking for the one and only. I wanted the 06 but missed the auction or whatever sale media was used at the time.

While I do believe in the never say never theory this is just a tough one to see ever happening. Even if a third party wanted to pursue this project on their own not only would they need Ford's approval, Hertz's approval but they would also need Carroll Shelby Licensing approval for it to happen.

And that amount of effort would require a solid business case for it to even be considered by even a third party, just too limited of a market in my opinion.

Steve

Just the way it is.

While I do believe in the never say never theory this is just a tough one to see ever happening. Even if a third party wanted to pursue this project on their own not only would they need Ford's approval, Hertz's approval but they would also need Carroll Shelby Licensing approval for it to happen.

And that amount of effort would require a solid business case for it to even be considered by even a third party, just too limited of a market in my opinion.

Steve

Yo Steve,

I'm not looking for Shelby to reproduce the GT-H banner. I'm looking for the original 2007 GT-H banner that hung in the old North Las Vegas Museum. I'm sure it didn't get tossed in the trash when Shelby moved so someone out there must have it. That, or it's still in a box somewhere in the new facility.

No matter, somebody has this banner and I'd like to try and put it together with the 06 production banner. You see, I have the GT-H hood with all the GT-H production staff autographs, that hung in the old Las Vegas Museum. I have the MPH magazine cover sign that hung next to the hood , I have the GT-H stand that had the 06 details of the car and I have the 06 production banner. that hung in the production facility The only thing I don't have is the 07 production banner and I'd like to try and complete the collection. It might take years to uncover the 07 banner but I think the effort would be worth it.

So anyone who might have the details of the whereabouts of the 07 GT-H production banner, please contact me. If might be worthwhile.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Yo Steve,

I'm not looking for Shelby to reproduce the GT-H banner. I'm looking for the original 2007 GT-H banner that hung in the old North Las Vegas Museum. I'm sure it didn't get tossed in the trash when Shelby moved so someone out there must have it. That, or it's still in a box somewhere in the new facility.

No matter, somebody has this banner and I'd like to try and put it together with the 06 production banner. You see, I have the GT-H hood, with all the GT-H production staff autographs, that hung in the old Las Vegas Museum. I have the GT-H stand that had the 06 details of the car and I have the 06 production banner. that hung in the production facility The only thing I don't have is the 07 production banner and I'd like to try and complete the collection. It might take years to uncover the 07 banner but I think the effort would be worth it.

So anyone who might have the details of the whereabouts of the 07 GT-H production banner, please contact me. If might be worthwhile.

QSS

Yes I understand what you're looking for, its that this thread started to go down a different road so I was trying to address that topic before it sidetracked your thread completely.

In regards to your question, off the top of my head I don't recall where this particular GTH banner went. Keep in mind that when a previous SPP director started selling Speedway memorabilia a few years back not everything was sold through the SPP ebay store, many items were and still are sold directly or disposed of without any publicity.

For example many years back when we changed the company name from Shelby Automobiles back to Shelby American we had a signage company change the 30 foot vinyl signage banner from the front of the main Speedway building. As the IT Director and I were inspecting the new signage install, one of the signage workers was just about to stuff the old Shelby Automobiles signage into the dumpster until I stopped him by saying that banner is Shelby history and needs to be kept.

Fast forward a couple of years later, the CSCF was seeking donations for their auction night at the annual Shelby Bash. I grabbed Ms Jenni Shreeves and said come with me I have a great item for tonight's auction. Jenni was quite surprised that I had the foresight to save this signage and she and I unrolled the signage over the top of her rental car, got Carroll out of his trailer to autograph it and that night it found a new home. No ebay or Shelby Store was involved so basically if you weren't at that years Bash you would never know about this piece of memorabilia leaving the building.

So the point I'm trying to make is that just because you didn't see the GTH banner up for sale on the internet that doesn't mean its still around. The above signage example shows just one of many ways on how items can leave SAI. Some items have left under favorable circumstances, like the above banner, other items have left under less than favorable circumstances.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I figure something like this might have happened with the banner. Hopefully it wound up with a fan and is still out there somewhere, I just hope that if one day that fan wants to part with it he he'll contact me and I can put everything together. That, and I would make it worth his/her time..

QSS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just thought i would bump this topic up.  I really want to find the original 07 GT-H production banner that hung in the old Las Vegas production facility.

If you have it and are willing to part with it I'm willing to part with a crisp, cool $1, 000 US dollar bill.  Actually, I think it would have to be 10 hundies as I'm pretty sure they don't make $1,000 dollar bills any more.

I'm pretty freakin serious about this so put the word out.  I'd like to add this banner to my collection.

QSS

• 1 month later...

You are on a mission. Funny how stuff just disappears.   I wonder what it looks like now at the old facility and the walls with all the signatures.  Last time I went by, I think in 2014 during the Mustang 50th it looked empty with white paper over the door windows.  I took a picture with 06H0050 out front. 

2 hours ago, H0050 said:

You are on a mission. Funny how stuff just disappears.   I wonder what it looks like now at the old facility and the walls with all the signatures.  Last time I went by, I think in 2014 during the Mustang 50th it looked empty with white paper over the door windows.  I took a picture with 06H0050 out front. 

Yup, I'm on a mission for sure.  I've got everything GT-H related that hung in the old North Las Vegas museum.  The 07 banner is the only thing I'm missing and I'm willing to pay strong money for it.   I know it's out there and the owner probably does not visit these forms but you never know.  One day he might see this.

There's a few other GT-H items I'm missing from my collection (obsession) so if anyone has anything GT-H related that is rare and cool, let me know.  I'm a buyer.  

QSS

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...