TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a Shelby Hertz - 2006 or 2016 ?

cobraguy69

Will Hertz keep renting them until they are sold ? I would like to wait a while to see if the prices go down, but, hate to see them rack up the miles and dings .I guess at some point you just have to jump in.

I've not heard of a program end date so I'm guessing as long as there's a level of interest by the renting public, it's safe to say those cars still in the rental fleet will continue being rented as Hertz reduces the fleet through sales. Those already retired and listed on the Hertz Car Sales website could accumulate additional miles from an occasional "Rent 2 Buy" outing. I don't think we'll see many more 9-13k mile cars coming up for sale.

(PM sent)

How does Rent 2 Buy work? Has anyone done it ?

I've never done this....only familiar with it from the Hertz website. The highlights......you rent a car for up to 3 days and if you purchase it, they'll waive the rental fees. Here's a link that gives more details.......

Edited by HERTZ II

In two years those 16 hertz cars will be in the $30K range. Just saw one in Charlotte for $44K. To me the 06 is special ....it started the whole Shelby / Ford relationship.

Edited by mach 1 1970

In two years those 16 hertz cars will be in the $40K range. To me the 06 is special ....it started the whole Shelby / Ford relationship.

They are already in the $40k range. In two years they are going to be in the 25k range.While the 2016 GTH may be rare at 171 units, it has not proved to be popular in the rental fleet and these cars generated no where near the excitement that the 2006/07 GTH cars generated.

In two years those 16 hertz cars will be in the $30K range. Just saw one in Charlotte for $44K. To me the 06 is special ....it started the whole Shelby / Ford relationship.

The relationship actually started in '66, but the the '06 definitely restarted it after the stall... :thumbsup:

Demand is not there, dont let them tell you otherwise. Paying $50K at this point is foolish. Even $45K seems high at this point. I love it, the greed is backfiring.

The New 2018 GT with the 10 Speed Auto is a better Car and you can pick your color and not worry about the Rental/Beat on mileage.

Edited by carnut12

I bet the few people that bought 2 or 3 months ago at $75k aren’t feeling to smart right now……….

These 2016 GTH cars are going to continue to drop because people just aren’t seeing any value at the current price point in the $40 to $45K range. They won’t sell at a good pace until they get in the $35k range.

I bet the few people that bought 2 or 3 months ago at $75k aren’t feeling to smart right now……….

These 2016 GTH cars are going to continue to drop because people just aren’t seeing any value at the current price point in the $40 to $45K range. They won’t sell at a good pace until they get in the $35k range.

Ummmm.. :headscratch:

I feel very happy that I got the one I wanted with extremely low miles!

No regret here! And I used Canadian dollars BTW.

Ok, so they told you it sold, but did they tell you it sold at the advertised price of $44.9k or did they let it go at a lower price. They may not tell you but it doesn’t hurt to ask. The worst they can do is say no. And if they do divulge that they sold for less, then it may signal they have room to negotiate on other cars.

Hertz Marketing Plan.........Ride it all the way down........

Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.j

The relationship actually started in '66, but the the '06 definitely restarted it after the stall... :thumbsup:

You are absolutely right. I should have said restarted. I just assumed everyone knew that

the 65 Shelby GT 350 was the start of something special between Carroll Shelby and Fo.Mo.Co.

just being a smart ass. Lol.

Not to sidetrack my own post, but if anyone if interested in a classic Ford muscle car; I just put up my 45k mile minty 1969 Ford Torino Cobra, 428 SCJ car for sale to raise money for my Shelby GTH purchase. It is in Hemmings on line under Ford Torino Cobra, with lots of pics. No sales pitch, just thought some of you guys would like to take a look. It is the Jensen Beach, Fl. car. I'm not getting any younger and the 2016 Mustang GTH will be my new daily driver, lots more conveniences- like AC.

Not to sidetrack my own post, but if anyone if interested in a classic Ford muscle car; I just put up my 45k mile minty 1969 Ford Torino Cobra, 428 SCJ car for sale to raise money for my Shelby GTH purchase. It is in Hemmings on line under Ford Torino Cobra, with lots of pics. No sales pitch, just thought some of you guys would like to take a look. It is the Jensen Beach, Fl. car. I'm not getting any younger and the 2016 Mustang GTH will be my new daily driver, lots more conveniences- like AC.

I just saw the Hemmings ad!

Great looking car! :thumbsup:

Good luck with sale.

Edited by 06H275

Thanks - Lots of interest in the Hemmings ad - no buyer yet. Still watching the 2016 Hertz prices, anybody seen one currently for sale below the $ 49,900.00 mark ?

There are 5 currently listed below $49900..........but not in Florida and all with 13k miles or more..........

• 2 weeks later...