TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tech Experts Help Please

Ukusor

The clutch doesn't slipping but making whistling,squeaking noise and engaging almost at the end of the travel, like 3/4 .

Does it mean that the clutch is near the end or it's just the way it was adjusted.

Do I need to replace it?

Please help to understand the situation

Regards,

Sean

It's the same car,and I've stopped driving right away before I get more information on possible problems.

The car has 47000 miles and I don't know if the clutch is stock or not as I didn't have a chance to talk to the previous owner.I got the car trading 14 SRT Challenger.

My question is what should I do ,take the cat in and fix it ,as it's possible ,that It could be a slave cylinder and/or clutch line or should I get a new clutch set up and replace it all at once.

If clutch is not bad now as it wasn't slipping or anything is it worth to replace?

Other then whistling kind of ,when you touching the clutch pedal, it worked fine, I wouldn't even payed any attention to it if I wouldn't hear the noise...

Shortly after that whistle the pedal went down...it happened last week...

I would really appreciate any help and advice on what should I do next

My recommendation is take it to a reputable dealer or shop and have it diagnosed. There are so many clutch options for your car so do your research. If it is a clutch issue you really don't want it to fail while driving and cause other damages , not to mention dealing with getting it towed. Your description of the noise sounds like a failing release bearing. Can the noise be heard with the engine off and pushing in the clutch pedal , or does the engine have to be running ?

It makes the noise only when engine is on and you press the pedal after engaging it stops ...

The last 4 days I'm reading all posts about clutches and all possible information on McLeod Rxt,Exedy 600 ...

I wil do it at the Ford dealer,the question is should I buy the whole clutch setup because the can offer only stock option or take the car to them and take a chance on fixing without clutch replacement as I'd like replace it with aftermarket one ...

If I take it now without a clutch on hand I would have to replace if needed with stock clutch...

I appreciate your expertise, please share any advice!

I would take a complete aftermarket unit into the dealer and have them install it. If it is a release bearing that's bad , the transmission has to be removed for its replacement, why pay labor twice, have them replace it all at once. Get a new release bearing when you buy clutch assembly, make sure the dealer is okay with installing the aftermarket part before you buy.

Thank you so much for your advice,I feel much better,as I was thinking pretty much the same,and if replacement of a slave cylinder requires a transmission drop than a labor costs would be almost the same as it it would fir the whole replacement

Thank you again I really appreciate it!

It's the same car,and I've stopped driving right away before I get more information on possible problems.

The car has 47000 miles and I don't know if the clutch is stock or not as I didn't have a chance to talk to the previous owner.I got the car trading 14 SRT Challenger.

My question is what should I do ,take the cat in and fix it ,as it's possible ,that It could be a slave cylinder and/or clutch line or should I get a new clutch set up and replace it all at once.

If clutch is not bad now as it wasn't slipping or anything is it worth to replace?

Other then whistling kind of ,when you touching the clutch pedal, it worked fine, I wouldn't even payed any attention to it if I wouldn't hear the noise...

Shortly after that whistle the pedal went down...it happened last week...

I would really appreciate any help and advice on what should I do next

Uksor, you may want to stop by your local Ford dealerships service department, when they are not busy, and ask them to run your cars VIN number through their system to see if a previous owner had Ford perform the transmission TSB on your car. If the dealership says no that doesn't mean you have the original clutch/PP but just lets you know that Ford didn't change it. There's still a possibility that someone else change it or its possible that it is still all original. Finding that answer may help you decide on what to do next.

In regards to having the dealership install an aftermarket clutch/PP, why would you want to pay over inflated dealer labor rates? If it was me I would just find a qualified/reputable transmission shop as this will all be on your dime. Now if you can't locate a transmission shop that you're comfortable with then perhaps the dealership is the way to go but remember dealership labor is not cheap.

Steve

Thank you,Steve )

I have a shop to do a replacement, I will check with both a labor pricing tomorrow.

Now is a new challenge to decide between McLeod RXT for about $1400 and Exedy 600 for $800

I'm reading reports on both seems like people are happy with either...

Sean