TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT350 Shift Ball Swap

The factory shift ball in the new 350 has never sat well with me. Looks 'odd', feels 'odd' and just looks outta place IMO.

With the excitement of my new BOSS coming next week, I got to thinking...............................

I found a seller on eBay (Twisted Shifterz) that has LOADS of different style shift balls for ALL kinds of cars. I bought a black repro of the 2012-13 BOSS black cue ball for my 350. It's pre-countersunk for the reverse lockout, and looks OEM! Very happy with the outcome! :dance:

Only problem is the stock ball is EXTREMELY TIGHT!! I tried everything to spin it off........nothing worked. Even a high quality strap wrench wouldn't budge it. Alas I had to rely on a pair of Channel Locks with a rag around it and that barely got the job done. :doh: It's a tad buggered up and is really not worth using again, but as it turns out....I don't care.

36849706741_fdf33384c2_z_d.jpg

Nothing beats a cue-ball knob. I ditched my stocker last week for the same arrangement. Someone should take away the LocTite 271 from those production assemblers, I had similar hardship turning mine off.

Looks great!

Nothing beats a cue-ball knob. I ditched my stocker last week for the same arrangement. Someone should take away the LocTite 271 from those production assemblers, I had similar hardship turning mine off.

Looks great!

Hahaha. So true.... And thanks bud. :victory:

I went with the Ford Performance version.

36193702054_2a2e1f2f01_c.jpg

I love it......very sexy!!! :thumbsup:

I went with the Ford Performance version.

36193702054_2a2e1f2f01_c.jpg

Looks totally appropriate with R badging and stitching. The only "proper" knob in an R-car. I went with black on mine. Red knob on Grabber Blue says "RICER!!!!". Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...