TEAM SHELBY FORUM

how to fix???

mfield2a

Grrrr. Well, sometimes things happen out of your control and you just need to deal with it.

Does anyone know where can I find a section of stripes? The rest are otherwise "like new".

As other options I'm thinking either carefully heat out, or trim & notch, or patch over, or put on a new top stripe piece.

Suggestions wanted!

post-25962-0-60979800-1502966069_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mfield2a

On the wife's Shelby GT I had the hood and roof stripes replaced under warranty when they replaced the hood scoop. They would not replace the stripes on the rear decklid since they were not that bad. Of course within a short period of time they got worse and looked really bad compared to the replaced ones. I purchased some replacement material from a company called Reece Supply made by 3M called Scotchcal 220 which was a perfect match and redid my decklid myself. It came out great and now five years later they still look good but the ones replaced by the dealer look terrible. The best part was it was only 7 bucks for a yard which got me 4 pieces cut nine inches wide and three feet long. That looks like a strip on the front bumper which are cut at a curve where as the stripes I did on the trunk were straight. Let me know how big of a piece you need for a patch and I'll see if I can find what I had left over.

Mark

Mark,

That's great info and thank you Mark! I'm only needing about a 1/2 strip (max) by the standard 9 inches. Since the wrinkle is at the seam, my plan is to just layer a piece over top, matching the seam at the bottom and the other at the top roll of the bumper. There will be 2 seams instead of 1, but if I do it right no one will be the wiser.

-Mike

Edited by mfield2a