TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I can't believe dealers are .....

CobraO

:censored: Drilling holes in the front bumpers of these cars for the license plate.

I have seen a few on ebay like this. There are other ways to mount that plate, as there were on my 03 Cobra.

I'm sure someone has a dealer story about this.

:censored: Drilling holes in the front bumpers of these cars for the license plate.

I have seen a few on ebay like this. There are other ways to mount that plate, as there were on my 03 Cobra.

I'm sure someone has a dealer story about this.

As part of the deal I'd have the dealers body shop fix it before I closed.

As part of the deal I'd have the dealers body shop fix it before I closed.

If you order the car, a better idea is to put that as a clause in the sales contract. If you buy it off the lot...then this may not be possible....and you'll have to negotiatte with the dealer.

My dealer would not have installed the front plate even if I had wanted him to. He said it would be a sin to scar such a beautiful car. Good man!

Same thing with my dealer. They don't install the plate bracket on any of their Mustangs, including dealer stock. When you take delivery of the car they ask if you want it put on. This should be policy at all dealerships.

JR

At least with mine they had some kid come out and drill holes in my back bumper for the 30 day tag and license plate bracket. I about cr%$ed when I saw him from a distance. He was lucky he was not far off from being level! I have not checked it for sure but why bother-it is too late now. Those of you about to take delivery should expect the unexpected!

I have a new car shipping to my door that has no front plate drilled but what about the rear? I want to be able to bolt the rear plate and go, am I going to have to drill? I thought the rear of cars came with dimples with lil holes all ready for the plate?

If there are no holes for the plate, there will be 4 tiny dipple marks in the plastic where the holes go.

You could use a power screwdriver to screw through it or a small drill bit will do it in 2 seconds.

What day is your car expected to arrive?

I believe this is what we might be looking for. He is working on making some up. The only concern is that it does block some of the bottom grill, but I think he's looking into if that will be a problem or not.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...st&p=173107

Same thing with my dealer. They don't install the plate bracket on any of their Mustangs, including dealer stock. When you take delivery of the car they ask if you want it put on. This should be policy at all dealerships.

JR

YES!!!!!

If one does have to have a front plate, how could it be mounted without drilling holes?

I am fortunate enough to live in Arizona, a state that does not require a front license plate. Also, my dealer did not drill any holes (Berge Ford is the SVT Dealer Rep. for Arizona). If I had to put a plate on the car, I would put adhesive velcro on the front bumper and on the plate. The plate could be bent to follow the form of the bumper so it would stay on better. You would just have to remove the plate if it were to go to a car wash (if you take your baby to a car wash).

Archived