TEAM SHELBY FORUM

E3 spark plugs

cobra 07

Long time drag race fan myself, E3 is one of the more recent sponsers, as well as Denso.

If you notice racers have also endorsed NGK and AC Delco and some others that escape me, now and in the past.

Some others are less obvious if they are not big dollar sponsers, don't forget they get paid to run those stickers, the bigger the stickers the larger the sponsorship dollars.

The Ford oem platinum plugs work just fine, just remember to go a step colder and reduce gap at higher than stock boost levels.

At higher boost levels you should also be changing them out more frequently too.

It shouldn't hurt to try another good brand plug though, just make sure to select the correct plug type and heat range for your application.

Long time drag race fan myself, E3 is one of the more recent sponsers, as well as Denso.

If you notice racers have also endorsed NGK and AC Delco and some others that escape me, now and in the past.

Some others are less obvious if they are not big dollar sponsers, don't forget they get paid to run those stickers, the bigger the stickers the larger the sponsorship dollars.

The Ford oem platinum plugs work just fine, just remember to go a step colder and reduce gap at higher than stock boost levels.

At higher boost levels you should also be changing them out more frequently too.

It shouldn't hurt to try another good brand plug though, just make sure to select the correct plug type and heat range for your application.

I go to strip occasionally myself and have tr6's gapped @ .30 that have been working pretty good but their due for a change.

I do understand the endorser's get paid for their 2 cent worth. That's why I was wondering if anybody been running the E3's.

I'am running a whipple 2.9l @ 18 lb boost getting 700rwh & doing mid to high 10's @ 135mph

Those are great numbers, the mph indicating plenty of HP too.

I am stuck in the low 11s, can't seem to get a decent 60 foot time at our local track with the car setup like it is.

I remember plugs in the past with multiple electrodes, but can't remember which one they are.

After reading up a bit on the E3s, they do sound interesting.

With their rigid electrode design, I wonder if you can close up the gap for higher boost applications, or do they have to make them with smaller gaps?

Those are great numbers, the mph indicating plenty of HP too.

I am stuck in the low 11s, can't seem to get a decent 60 foot time at our local track with the car setup like it is.

I remember plugs in the past with multiple electrodes, but can't remember which one they are.

After reading up a bit on the E3s, they do sound interesting.

With their rigid electrode design, I wonder if you can close up the gap for higher boost applications, or do they have to make them with smaller gaps?

good question on the plug gap I was wondering the same thing. my 60ft is not the best also. it does cost $$$ changing/improving the

suspensions

I was told by my tuner not to use them because they retain too much of the heat and can cause a torch effect inside the chamber at high loads and RPM . . . the plugs won't burn off like an NGK if the engine should start to lean out - rather the plug fail as an engine failure . . . . Just my 2 cents . . . .

Remember that most spark plug adds are focused on the biggest market out there, 87 octane burning daily drivers. Stick with Iridium plugs a heat range lower than stock and you'll be good to go. My car has Motorcraft iridium plugs, but the Brisk racing plugs are great too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...