TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone at Shelby American set the record straight on the 2007 2008 Shelby GTs?

AzSideWinder

Can someone at Shelby American set the record straight on the 2007 2008 Shelby GTs? There is a lot of crap information out there online with this car, no one seems to list it anywhere. I've been told that these are nothing more than a dealer package and largely are not considered anything more than a customized GT making them in the total value of any standard 07 08 GT.
Can you educate me on what this car is and what it means in auto history if anything? I just bought a 2008 Shelby GT #1162 from the original owner. It's never been registered with the Shelby registry, it will be soon! I still can't get a final number on the production of this car. It's a great car and I have a 13 Shelby GT500, the 08 Mustang Shelby is a blast to drive even though it's not as fast as the 13, but it handles incredibly! LIKE.png(y) Some people that know Mustang history think highly of this car, I'd like to know what Shelby American say about it! LIKE.png

shelbygt.JPG

(y)

Edited by AzSideWinder

Well, if you looked at the posts in the Shelby GT subforum you'd get answers to all of your questions and more.

Simply put the Shelby GT is one of two modern pre-title Shelby vehicles that were upgraded at Shelby in Vegas (The other car being the GT500KR). The cars were built at Ford and shipped to Vegas for the final upgrades, and then sent to the dealers for sale. Shipment from Shelby directly to the buyer could be arranged if agreed to by the selling dealer and SAI (both of my SGTs were shipped from Vegas to my home).

Like I said, all that and more is already here time and time again.

Can someone at Shelby American set the record straight on the 2007 2008 Shelby GTs? There is a lot of crap information out there online with this car, no one seems to list it anywhere. I've been told that these are nothing more than a dealer package and largely are not considered anything more than a customized GT making them in the total value of any standard 07 08 GT.

Can you educate me on what this car is and what it means in auto history if anything? I just bought a 2008 Shelby GT #1162 from the original owner. It's never been registered with the Shelby registry, it will be soon! I still can't get a final number on the production of this car. It's a great car and I have a 13 Shelby GT500, the 08 Mustang Shelby is a blast to drive even though it's not as fast as the 13, but it handles incredibly! LIKE.png(y) Some people that know Mustang history think highly of this car, I'd like to know what Shelby American say about it! LIKE.png

attachicon.gifshelbygt.JPG

(y)

GREAT color combination.....maybe not a high horsepower car, but it looks great! V8 and a stick shift.....what else do you need?? :)

Hello AZSideWinder, welcome to the SGT family.

To answer some of your questions, the SGT was a cooperative effort from Shelby/Ford because the 2006 Hertz rent-a-racer was so popular. In 2007 the SGT was available in Black or White. In 2008 the offerings were Grabber Orange, or Vista Blue. Later in the year the black with red stripe limited Barret Jackson car was released. For model year 2008, there were 1,121 vista coupes built. The Shelby GT was shipped by ford to Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas for final assembly just like the 1965 models were done. Some significance's of the Shelby GT were it was a Pre Title build. (Shelby conversion done before sale of car) They were the first Shelby Mustang available to the general public built by Shelby since the 60s.

I could go on forever, but it would take just that, forever. Have a look in the SGT forum, lots and lots of information in there. Have a look at the old stuff from 2006-2009.

attachicon.gifshelbygt.JPG(y)[/size][/size]

One of the best threads you can read in regard to Shelby GT history is this one in regard to design team meetings.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/72272-shelby-gt-design-team-meetings/

Hello AZSideWinder, welcome to the SGT family.

To answer some of your questions, the SGT was a cooperative effort from Shelby/Ford because the 2006 Hertz rent-a-racer was so popular. In 2007 the SGT was available in Black or White. In 2008 the offerings were Grabber Orange, or Vista Blue. Later in the year the black with red stripe limited Barret Jackson car was released. For model year 2008, there were 1,121 vista coupes built. The Shelby GT was shipped by ford to Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas for final assembly just like the 1965 models were done. Some significance's of the Shelby GT were it was a Pre Title build. (Shelby conversion done before sale of car) They were the first Shelby Mustang available to the general public built by Shelby since the 60s.

I could go on forever, but it would take just that, forever. Have a look in the SGT forum, lots and lots of information in there. Have a look at the old stuff from 2006-2009.

Well my coupe is #1162

Well my coupe is #1162

It doesn't matter what number your car is, the cars were not built in sequence, there around 1121 Vista blue coupes built, the we're also several hundred 08 Vista blue convertibles built, some 08 grabber oranges and around a hundred black Barrett Jackson editions. I don't have exact numbers handy. As others have said, go use the search function, most if not all of your questions have already been answered multiple times in the SGT forums.

Edited by mhr1961