TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to Purchase Shelby GT or GT500KR

TEvans

So at this point, it's really nothing more than just a dealer modded GT-500 with some unverified paperwork............

Alrightythen........back to topic.

Edited by mhr1961

You can get a nice GT/SC for around $30K plus or minus $2-3K, I absolutely love mine and it's more rare then your other options. You're in a Win-Win situation

Been looking for 2008 GT/SC. They are hard to find. Any suggestions on where to search for them?

Was just offering the guy a choice. It's just a cool dealer mod car similar to Galpin, Yenko, Skillman, Tasca.......nothing more, nothing less. Easy to cruise ( 540hp, shifter, exhaust), rare ( 1 of 37 according to Ford ), and unique enough to turn a few heads in a world full of "striped" Shelbys. Not twisting any arms here. Good luck in your search,@TEvans...... I usually run across a few GT/SC on Ebay.

Edited by blackcad55

OP,

It’s not rocket surgery.

Try Autotrader, Cars Online and Ebay. OR better yet just google "2007 Shelby GT/SC for sale" or "2008 Shelby GT/SC for sale" and sift through what comes up. . There are currently about a half a dozenGT/SCs for sale that I saw in just a quick search.

Note: You actually have two options if you go GT/SC. You can buy an existing one. Or you can buy any one of the existing 7000+ 2007/08 Shelby GT cars that were produced and send it in to Shelby American and they will make it a GT/SC specifically for you. They still offer the Shelby GT/SC upgrade package. I do not know the price of the upgrade, but if I was gonna go GT/SC I would buy a low mile Shelby GT and upgrade it. At least that way you will know the SC hasn’t been flogged and you can have the car upgraded to your choice(within parameters).

Edited by mhr1961

OP,

It’s not rocket surgery.

Try Autotrader, Cars Online and Ebay. OR better yet just google "2007 Shelby GT/SC for sale" or "2008 Shelby GT/SC for sale" and sift through what comes up. . There are currently about a half a dozenGT/SCs for sale that I saw in just a quick search.

Note: You actually have two options if you go GT/SC. You can buy an existing one. Or you can buy any one of the existing 7000+ 2007/08 Shelby GT cars that were produced and send it in to Shelby American and they will make it a GT/SC specifically for you. They still offer the Shelby GT/SC upgrade package. I do not know the price of the upgrade, but if I was gonna go GT/SC I would buy a low mile Shelby GT and upgrade it. At least that way you will know the SC hasn’t been flogged and you can have the car upgraded to your choice(within parameters).

I have looked on all of those sights found a coupe of convertibles on Cars Online. I have a friend working with Shelby to upgrade his Shelby GT and it is costing 16K to install a blower and cooling system on the car.