TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mecum Auction Shelby GT

Bill_T

Wow that is impressive for that amount of miles!!!

I agree, good money for the seller. Don't forget the buyer probably paid an additional $2,400 buyers fee to Mecum so the buyer really paid $26,400 and In my opinion the buyer could have purchased a lower mile SGT for $26,400 but in the end if the seller is happy and the buyer is happy that's all that really matters.

Not tryin to hijack a thread but while everyone is talking about a good price, here is a white 2007 SGT with about 2600 miles on it. Buy it now for $21k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-/263121019123

Edited by mhr1961

Not tryin to hijack a thread but while everyone is talking about a good price, here is a white 2007 SGT with about 2600 miles on it. Buy it now for $21k

Not hijacking the thread at all and it just shows that the Mecum buyer could have saved $5.000 along with having a car with 36,000 LESS miles on the odometer.

Its funny. I was there watching. There seems to always be "ghost" bidders that bring it up so quickly without anyone really seeing them.

But that doesn't explain the fact that when it slowed down, two folks decided to duke it out.

Maybe it was the emotions tied to being there and the experience. There are tremendous costs associated with purchasing from that auction.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm joining the SGT club. I sold my GT-H about a month ago and won the auction on this car a couple of days ago. Now I just have to figure out a way to get it to Houston.

Looks like I'm joining the SGT club. I sold my GT-H about a month ago and won the auction on this car a couple of days ago. Now I just have to figure out a way to get it to Houston.

Sweet, the white ones are faster. Keep changing the oil, put some miles on it, and go to the track. Imo...

Congratulations, you got a very nice car at a great deal.

I bought my 2008 SGT with roughly 1300 miles on it after I saw it on Autotrader. I brokered the deal over the phone and flew up the same day and drove it off the lot. Over 30k miles now and no problems at all.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a 2007 SGT #0016 from a private owner with 3318 on the clock. One of the first 25 built. Spent 4 years @ the Scottsdale auto museum. 3 signatures including the hood. All documents on the above. Black/black premium 5 speed. The owner is the GM of a Ford store.

$21000 Shipping from Texas to Atlanta to another Ford dealer. He's paying the doc fee. Final price after shipping $21000.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Congrats to both. I purchased my 08 vert a few months back and just about 1700 miles on the clock, of which 200 are mine, and could not be more pleased.

I bought a new back in 2007. After all the HP chasing decided to go back to one of these. For $21K what the hell can you buy with this much fun. Love your boss. The picture I posted is not the actual car. I don't have it yet.

post-9597-0-48583000-1506380291_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

I drove mine today.... #5671 Black / Black. Just paid attention to the odo ...... 1845 miles

I have three other, way more powerful Stangs, and this car still excites me when it rolls out of the garage. Gina doesn't understand and is always asking me to articulate it to her. I simply can't. You SGT owners know exactly what I'm saying.

She just asked me if we should send it to Vegas or Tasca and get it S/C'd...... I told her NO WAY. :cool:

There is one for sale on Craig's Atlanta for $39K. Get this only 38 miles. Pictures show odometer reading. If you bought it you could never drive it @ that price. There is another 7 miles from my house with 2012 miles for $25K. Almost bought that one but just couldn't work out the numbers. Both black/black.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I drove mine today.... #5671 Black / Black. Just paid attention to the odo ...... 1845 miles

I have three other, way more powerful Stangs, and this car still excites me when it rolls out of the garage. Gina doesn't understand and is always asking me to articulate it to her. I simply can't. You SGT owners know exactly what I'm saying.

She just asked me if we should send it to Vegas or Tasca and get it S/C'd...... I told her NO WAY. :cool:

After driving the 17 grand sport as a DD all I can say is the 07 SGT feels and sounds unique. Can't put it in words except to say it's fun. You hear the gears and engine more in the Shelby. It's more raw in its handling and seat of the pants feel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw this 2007 SGT Custom coming up for auction at Mecum in Vegas this month:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1117-319525/2007-ford-mustang-shelby-gt/

Yup that owner modified SGT has popped up before. Below is a link to a magaazine write-up on the car:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mmfp-1007-2007-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-texas-tribute/

Just saw this 2007 SGT Custom coming up for auction at Mecum in Vegas this month:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1117-319525/2007-ford-mustang-shelby-gt/

Lots of expense in the modification. I assume the doors open with a remote switch. So if the battery dies, how do you get in the car? I am not up on all the latest gee-whiz trick mods.