TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Production Number & Chassis Number

Hi All,
I just picked up a new GT350 last week and I'm loving it. This thing is a blast.

Does anyone know how many GT350s are being made in 2017?
Also does anyone know what the "H" means in the chassis number on the dash?

Is the number a consecutive number for just 2017?

Hi All,

I just picked up a new GT350 last week and I'm loving it. This thing is a blast.

The letter 'H' stands for the model year of 2017. Just like 2016 cars will have the letter 'G' on their plaque.

You can try calling Ford's SVT hotline at 800-367-3788 about production numbers for 2017 but most likely they will tell you they wont have any numbers for at least a couple months after the last car is built.

If I had to guess I would say 2017 GT350 production should be close to 2016 GT350 production.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

This just in(if it's true)haha, 2018 GT350/R will have a reduced production run. 40-55% less units than the 2017 M/Y volume. You know that means ADMs are here to stay on these. Oh well guess I'll go with my other choice.... Audi R8 :drop:

Maybe you should look into buying one in Canada no ADM & Canadian funds.

Hi All,

Pictures are required. No exceptions! I just rolled 400 miles on mine and you're very correct - this thing is a blast. Enjoy and enjoy some more.

• 5 weeks later...

My dealer told me the same thing, they will be making fewer 18's then 17's production. I am also trying to get 17's production numbers. Some of you have direct ties to Ford regional guys, I dont. I have an 18 on order.

Glad to be back. I had a 16 on order, had to pass for financial reasons.

Steve, you were correct. Just talked to the SVT office, BTW nice guy... they are still building 17's so no final numbers.

Hard to tell weather alot more or less than 16's which he confirmed were 5500 GT350's and 536 R's.

Clancy

Steve, you were correct. Just talked to the SVT office, BTW nice guy... they are still building 17's so no final numbers.

Hard to tell weather alot more or less than 16's which he confirmed were 5500 GT350's and 536 R's.

Clancy

Good to know. Ford usually releases production numbers a few months after the last car is built so perhaps around December we'll know what the 2017 numbers are.

This just in(if it's true)haha, 2018 GT350/R will have a reduced production run. 40-55% less units than the 2017 M/Y volume. You know that means ADMs are here to stay on these. Oh well guess I'll go with my other choice.... Audi R8 :drop:

R8's are awesome but you are talking to devout Shelby people. when it comes to Shelby there are no substitutes. Yes you can buy an 08 R8 with about 27,000 miles for around $72,000, and yes nice car for sure..Good luck

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

R8 is a very nice vehicle. Besides my 2017 GT-350 I have an Audi S4

AMD's seem to be shrinking fast. I'm curious to see what this R brings in, starting under MSRP with out reserve and the same dealer selling 2 new non R models at MSRP.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302539333107

My just bought today 2017 was MSRP. Was one of only two 350s this dealership was getting anyway and the other sold much earlier in the year. I was going to wait for a 2018 but this one had what I wanted anyway. Edited by photoracer18