TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC Info

MustangStew

Howdy!

I was wondering if yall could help me get a crash course on Shelby GT's. I'm a long time ford guy but totally new to Shelby mustangs. I've come across an opportunity to own a 08 Shelby GT/SC and was hoping to learn more about how many similar cars were produced and how to confirm it is what it looks like to an untrained eye. The car is not running and will need some engine work and a few other minor fixes so if anyone could give me some idea of what a drivable car is worth it would also be very appreciated. Unfortunately I'm not currently in a position to spend more money than a car is worth although I am extremely excited about the prospects of joining the Shelby community. It's a blue convertible, 5 speed manual, with a Kenne Bell Supercharger and around 50k miles on it.

I read through much of this forum but any current knowledge or advice would awesome.

Is it a mod-shop Authentic GT/SC? Post the VIN and someone will be able to tell you. Why doesn't it run? That is very odd. In perfect condition and an Authentic GT/SC with those miles I would guess $30K value MAX. I added value for the Convertible with 5 speed otherwise probably $26-27K.

I have a loaded 2007 with 20K miles and would expect around $30K, I would also expect it to take a while to sell at that price.

Good luck post more info about the car if you can.

Thanks for the links and info!

All i know is that something is broken internally so that's the risk involved.

it's 08SGT1011 if i remember correctly

Its sounding like you should budget for an engine replacement. A non-running supercharged 4.6 with internal damage does not sound like a candidate for just some minor repairs.

Is the seller the original owner? Does the seller have paperwork supporting that the car is an authentic GT/SC and not an owner modified car?

Steve

UPDATE: It appears 08SGT1011 is an authentic GT/SC.

Is it a mod-shop Authentic GT/SC? Post the VIN and someone will be able to tell you. Why doesn't it run? That is very odd. In perfect condition and an Authentic GT/SC with those miles I would guess $30K value MAX. I added value for the Convertible with 5 speed otherwise probably $26-27K.

I have a loaded 2007 with 20K miles and would expect around $30K, I would also expect it to take a while to sell at that price.

Good luck post more info about the car if you can.

#

$30,00 for a 2008 SGT/SC convertible, I'll buy 'em all. Not even close. There are probably no more than a dozen convertibles that have been converted to the GT/SC package.

Good conversation.

SAI-Steven is the man for the registry and authentic Shelby information. I also agree with a couple notes he and others said: Include putting some dollars aside for the engine, but in the end you'll get it back if your in it right. Springer has a point even with 50k miles on it there are not many vert GT/SC's aroundand with a KB blower.

Good luck and keep us informed. Document everything you can on this site for later days when the toy enthusiasm runs out and your selling for a lower mile GT/SC :)

That's if you can find one.

Keep in mind that the original 4.6 block is numbers matching with the VIN# (last 8 digits), in case you rebuild. I learned this from a post I opened a year or so ago when I was looking at a rebuild. There are other expert posts here about engine rebuilds and what to know/do. And I agree with Springer - Rare car!

Edited by BlackSGT

Congrats! Just asking, what happened to the hood stripes?

its called age. These cars are now about 10 years old. If one is lucky, the average life of even good quality vinyl stripes is 6 to 7 years depending on formulation and care. If a previous owner used harsh soap/cleaners and did not keep stripes maintained or left the car out in the elements then what you see in the photo occurs.

On my initial view, it looked like there may have been fire damage underneath the hood. Having owned a 07 SGT , I know the stripes did not last long. I replaced them with a higher quality stripe.