TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cleaning Wheels Between Washes

Fstanbrough

Good evening, fellow Team members.

I have a 2016 Shelby GT350. It is not a daily commuter vehicle-mostly driven on the weekends. I live in Las Vegas and, as you can guess, do not get much rain. Given the lack of rain, I typically only wash the car every few months and use a detailed spray every week or two between washings. I follow up the detailer with a spray wax. The paint looks beautiful! Problem is keeping the wheels clean between washings due to brake dust.

Does anyone have a suggestion/process for keeping the wheels looking sharp? Is it is to use the same detailer on the wheels that I use on the paint?

Thank you, in advance, for you comments and suggestions,

Frank

IMG_0012.JPG

Yes use the detailer. Consider giving the wheels a couple of coats of turtle wax ice paste wax as this will help make cleaning easier. You will need to strip and rewax at least once a year.

Monsoon season started this week but all it does is make dust spots on the paint

Edited by twobjshelbys

Most waxes if used on wheels can attract brake dust. I just use McGuires Detail spray on my wheels and it doesn't seem to attract dust. You can also try this product below. It is a specific wax for wheels and claims to change the surface polarity of your wheels to actually repel dirt and brake dust. I have not tried it yet but I am going to in the near future. It has good reviews.

https://wheelwax.com/

Most waxes if used on wheels can attract brake dust. I just use McGuires Detail spray on my wheels and it doesn't seem to attract dust. You can also try this product below. It is a specific wax for wheels and claims to change the surface polarity of your wheels to actually repel dirt and brake dust. I have not tried it yet but I am going to in the near future. It has good reviews.

https://wheelwax.com/

Not trying to be funny here......... after using the detailer to clean the wheels and letting them dry..........wouldn't "Pledge" do the same and be a whole lot cheaper? It too repels Dust.

2014_10_pledge.jpg

My car is a weekend toy that never sees rain and only needs to be washed a couple times a year. My biggest issue is brake dust on the front rims. I started using a Swiffer duster on the front rims and it works great after every outing. Attached is a picture of the one I use.post-31181-0-16386000-1500257346_thumb.jpeg

Mark

• 3 weeks later...