TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 New Mustang Photos

sharon

I like the two-tone interior, the new spoiler and the new vapor color.

I was working at a car show last night and I only receive very positive comments about the new Mustang ('05 and up)- even from people who used to only like Chevy's or Mopars would purchase one. I sold my old pony love of 19+ years to make room in the garage for mine.

• 1 month later...
So now you can get a navi in the 08 damn I should have waited I just picked up an 07 GT! But I did get the leather warped dash!

The nav became available in dec 06. I dropped my Shaker 1000 which was on material hold for thenav.

Am I seeing things - are the cup holders lit?

Yes - the cup holders are lit. It's part of the 'ambient lighting' option. also adds ligthing under the dash and seats. There are like 8 colors you can set the lights to.

I was working at a car show last night and I only receive very positive comments about the new Mustang ('05 and up)- even from people who used to only like Chevy's or Mopars would purchase one. I sold my old pony love of 19+ years to make room in the garage for mine.

I have got the same reaction places I have gone and for all that matters I include myself into that group. I have always thought Mustangs were cool cars but never to the point I'd own one. I've always been a Mopar guy. I've always dreamed of buying an old Plymouth Satelite/Roadrunner and restore it but I've never been fortunate enough to have that kind of money and with the boom/skyrocket of those car's prices it is just out of reach for me.

SO, when Ford introduced the '05+ body style man I really loved it. It's kind of like those TV shows that "restomod" these old cars. They take an old car (with that style we all love) and give it a modern suspension and "stuff". I consider this 05+ Mustand just that, a restomod mobile. It has the styling of the late 60's early '70's but with the new engine and modern suspension.

I think Chevy and Dodge are giving it a shot with the comeback of the Camaro and the Challenger (what I wouldn't do to own one of the new Challengers). I'd never own a Chevy... BUT from what I've read on the Challenger they are only offering it in a HEMI which mean $$$$ which I've thought all along that they are missing the market that Ford has captured with offering the lower lines, i.e. my Pony package! I absolutely love this car and with this purchase I'm passing my car passion onto my teenage son now too. The next generation.

• 1 month later...

I was just at my dealer today and got my first oil change/service for free...Nice! And they washed and detailed the car for me...

So while waiting I strolled over to the new car lot and found 2 different 2008 Dark Candy Apple Red v6 mustangs both with the Pony Package. However there was a big difference between the two. One had the rims like my 07 Pony and the other had these awesome looking 18" chrome rims but the chrome rims were embedded in the Pony Package price and check out the price difference($1675 vs. $750).... wow

Also I wasn't so impressed with the Candy Apple Red in person. I thought it would have sparkle to it but I didn't see any and it was sunny out too. I thought it looked too much like the Redfire color although I do admit I didn't see them side by side.

post-9689-1192319537_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319560_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319570_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319581_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319590_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319537_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319560_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319570_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319581_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1192319590_thumb.jpg

No my camera phone pretty much sucks but it was all I had with me. I was hoping for the candy apple to sparkle like a metal flake but I just didn't see it. The color is ok but not much different from the Redfire IMO. But like I said I haven't seen them side by side either. As a matter of fact I thought it was Redfire when I was walking the lot.

Ruf - I'd like to see a race between you and a new Camero or Challenger!! :banvictory: We're going to have to get that set up and post the video of that! :rockon: But will it be a fair race? I mean you're all mod'ed up and they'll be stock...well maybe.

No my camera phone pretty much sucks but it was all I had with me. I was hoping for the candy apple to sparkle like a metal flake but I just didn't see it. The color is ok but not much different from the Redfire IMO. But like I said I haven't seen them side by side either. As a matter of fact I thought it was Redfire when I was walking the lot.

Ruf - I'd like to see a race between you and a new Camero or Challenger!! :banvictory: We're going to have to get that set up and post the video of that! :rockon: But will it be a fair race? I mean you're all mod'ed up and they'll be stock...well maybe.

It might have been a driver's race last week - but not next week!! :happy feet: Very unlikely.

Mark - I agree. The new interior is slick.

I agree (on both counts)! When I first saw the Candy Apple, I was hoping for a metalic flake, but didn't see it. It's a nice color, but, without the metalic flake, it just lacks that deep feel to it.

Ruf vs. Bumblebee.... hmmm... I'm there! :rockon:

- Josh

Anybody have a time machine to go a few years into the future when the supposed Camaro and Challenger will be finally on the streets?

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

07Pony my point is this: This Mustang has been out on the streets since Oct/Nov of 2004. When the Camaro and/or Challenger finally arrive to OUR party about 5 YEARS late they had better have something good and should be faster than a car that was designed 5 years before. And by then the new Mustang will be out with some pretty good engines I hear... :)

Lining up with a Challenger would be like going back in time. Regardless of who wins.

Couldn't agree more.

But I also agree that Chevy and Dodge are behind in the times with getting product to the market. What does Chevy have? The Cobalt tuner?? :hysterical2: At least Dodge has the Viper and the SRT line. But I can't wait for the retro Challenger even if it's a niche product that is only offered in a Hemi. I'm sure there's going to be a Youtube video of a stang vs challenger sometime in the future :yahoo:

Ruf, you're a true "blue" patriot, man. :cry: :lol2:

07 Pony,

Dodge may have the Viper and the SRT lineup, but the "Neon" is also part of the SRT lineup. Yes, it's fast, but it's also like putting a turbo on a TURD! :fan::hysterical2: You can make anything go fast if you put enough power behind it, but, why would you choose a turd? Eh, to each their own.

I agree on the Challenger, though! Wow, cool looking car, I can't wait to see it! I'll be sitting in the Blue oval section. :victory:

- Josh

07 Pony,

Dodge may have the Viper and the SRT lineup, but the "Neon" is also part of the SRT lineup. Yes, it's fast, but it's also like putting a turbo on a TURD! :fan::hysterical2: You can make anything go fast if you put enough power behind it, but, why would you choose a turd? Eh, to each their own.

I agree on the Challenger, though! Wow, cool looking car, I can't wait to see it! I'll be sitting in the Blue oval section. :victory:

- Josh

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Oh I couldn't agree with you more!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Don't shoot me, because we all make mistakes in life, but I used to own a Neon (not the SRT) so I know first hand just how big of a turd they really are!!! ok I give you permission - shoot me..... :chairshot: Oh what a mistake that was and I paid for it dearly... :spend:

Well the point I was trying to make was that at least Dodge is performance oriented with the SRT line. However they also have Jeeps in the SRT line now. Come on when I think SRT/performance I'm certainly not thinking about Jeeps. I don't know what they were thinking on that one.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Oh I couldn't agree with you more!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Don't shoot me, because we all make mistakes in life, but I used to own a Neon (not the SRT) so I know first hand just how big of a turd they really are!!! ok I give you permission - shoot me..... :chairshot: Oh what a mistake that was and I paid for it dearly... :spend:

Well the point I was trying to make was that at least Dodge is performance oriented with the SRT line. However they also have Jeeps in the SRT line now. Come on when I think SRT/performance I'm certainly not thinking about Jeeps. I don't know what they were thinking on that one.

No no, I knew what you meant, I just had to give you crap about the Neon being part of SRT. In all honesty, the Viper and Ram SRT are what I think of initially when I hear someone talking about SRT vehicles... but the Neon comes to mind soon after, which completely lowers my respect for the SRT line. When I see these guys in the Neon SRT, I wonder why they didn't just go buy a Honda Accord and TT it. :barf:

Personally, as cool as the Ram SRT and Ford Lightning trucks look, I think "fast" should be left up to cars, and not just cars, but cars that look the part. Maybe I'm a little too "old school" but, when I think of fast vehicles, I think of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Mustangs, Vettes, and other muscle cars, vehicles that look fast even when they're parked. For me it's the entire package, not just the ability to get to the finish line first, or have the best quarter mile time. But, I digress. Back on topic! :bike:

- Josh

Archived