TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Verification

drzeeba

There's a 2008 SGT coupe for sale locally. 31k miles, $21,000 asking price. Claims he changed the hood and removed the lower side stripes because he didn't like them. No engine bay badge because "the guy that RESTORED it either lost it or stole it". All it has is the dash plate. He claims the door sill plates are correct but didn't post a picture of it.

Any way to verify that SGT 080610 is still alive?

As mentioned above, I would check with SAI. They can verify if it is an SGT. I too would be concerned about the back story on this vehicle. There are plenty of 2007/2008 SGT coupes available with good provenance in that mileage range that can be had for the same money or less.

look

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=qubxTIioUy1wOqj__FUMeRyPyZnCh3JFFhxHE4r_.eccvas1900k

Minor Features

• Charcoal Black Interior
  • Nudo/Aberdeen Leather
  • Front Scuff Plates - With Insert
  • Less Interior Pack
  • Shelby GT <----------------------------- !!!!!!! this ist 5 from TOP
Edited by andiHD

There's a 2008 SGT coupe for sale locally. 31k miles, $21,000 asking price. Claims he changed the hood and removed the lower side stripes because he didn't like them. No engine bay badge because "the guy that RESTORED it either lost it or stole it". All it has is the dash plate. He claims the door sill plates are correct but didn't post a picture of it.

Any way to verify that SGT 080610 is still alive?

drzeeba, If you want to email me the cars VIN number I can certainly verify if the VIN belongs to a SGT.

As others have mentioned the price seems on the high side considering the car needed "restoring", the cars mileage and the missing parts. Any chance the "restoration" was due to an accident and that the radiator support was replaced, hence the missing engine plaque?

Steve

look

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=qubxTIioUy1wOqj__FUMeRyPyZnCh3JFFhxHE4r_.eccvas1900k

Minor Features

• Charcoal Black Interior
  • Nudo/Aberdeen Leather
  • Front Scuff Plates - With Insert
  • Less Interior Pack
  • Shelby GT <----------------------------- !!!!!!! this ist 5 from TOP

Not quite sure what we're looking at there? :shrug:

The question I have is what VIN did he use? The OP says he's looking at a convertible, 08SGT0610, but CSM number 08SGT0610 belongs to a coupe so I'm confused as everyone else.

Steve

From what I can see the original poster said coupe

"There's a 2008 SGT coupe for sale locally".

I see nothing about a convertible.

Its a website where if you enter the cars VIN number it will show you the build options, he's saying the 5th item on the list says Shelby GT.

The question I have is what VIN did he use? The OP says he's looking at a convertible, 08SGT0610, but CSM number 08SGT0610 belongs to a coupe so I'm confused as everyone else.

Steve

Steve,

Did you mix up coupe and convertible here? That may be why the confusion later in the thread.

Steve,

Did you mix up coupe and convertible here? That may be why the confusion later in the thread.

It appears that's the case as when I look at 08SGT0610 build info now I'm seeing a coupe NOT a convertible.

Please ignore any convertible comments by me in this thread.

Steve

Now back to the OP's first post.

08SGT0610 was advertised for sale in 2011 on ebay as an unrepaired WRECKED vehicle with a salvage title from North Dakota. Seller was asking $14,950 with no takers. Mileage was listed as 11,000

I would think that if the OP ran a CarFax report he would find the salvage title and if the car is currently registered.

So much for the "restoration" unless they meant restoring the car from a salvage state.

Steve