TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Only for VIP's you say.....................

Hmmmm...... So the Shelby Team at Ford had carte blance to create a "one of a kind" that was sold to "VIPs Only" and Ford required "first right of refusal" for red stripe package cars.

So glad that B-J vets their auction descriptions.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2007-FORD-SHELBY-GT500--208837

It's kind of hard to string a thread through all the needles here. But there may be a smidgen of truth. The car was probably an A-Plan (?, employee/family purchase) car (if actually purchased) or as part of a compensation package (bonus). Such vehicles do have a resale clause attached to them.

Saying it's the only car signed by ECF and CS isn't too hard - It's unlikely that they would sign someone elses car.

Note: All of the Ford alphabet soup discount plans have a buyback clause. This is in response to the huge disaster that happened with the Thunderbirds, where employees were buying them and then selling them for huge profits.

Edited by twobjshelbys

It's kind of hard to string a thread through all the needles here. But there may be a smidgen of truth. The car was probably an A-Plan (?, employee/family purchase) car (if actually purchased) or as part of a compensation package (bonus). Such vehicles do have a resale clause attached to them.

Saying it's the only car signed by ECF and CS isn't too hard - It's unlikely that they would sign someone elses car.

Note: All of the Ford alphabet soup discount plans have a buyback clause. This is in response to the huge disaster that happened with the Thunderbirds, where employees were buying them and then selling them for huge profits.

Smidgen of truth fits perfectly.

Like the boast about the car being signed by Carroll, well yes there is a retail SPP dash plaque glued to the dash but in my opinion they are trying to infer more than that.

Same with them referring to the SVT team as the Shelby team, I don't know everything but I would need some sort of proof that either Carroll or someone from SAI worked with Ford on designing the red stripe package.

I understand the sales puffery game, it just wasn't needed here. Whats wrong with just saying out of the almost 11,000 GT500's built for the 2007 model year this car is one of under 600 equipped with the red stripe option and the only one purchased by a distant Ford family member. Short, simple concise.

Steve

Sold for 55K (I don't know if this includes the 10% buyers premium or not)

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2007-FORD-SHELBY-GT500--208837

Yes it includes the 10% buyer fee so gavel price would have been $50k

And hats off to the B-J circus, getting the hammer to fall above the cars MSRP takes some work or at least some alcohol.

Steve

• 2 months later...

It's all in the marketing isn't it! I too own a Red Appearance Package 2007 Shelby GT500 in Ebony, also with a Carrol Shelby signed dash plaque. I'm not sure where this info was borne of that it was for VIP's only. The Red Appearance Package was actually option 54R and yes it was only made during the last 5 weeks of the model year, still, I guess I'm encouraged by the selling price.