TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Advice on Ordering an 08' GT500 for Supersnake Conversion

Hi guys,

I am an American who is living in the UK and a long time Mustang fan but for a variety of reasons have never taken the plunge and bought one. However, after a friend who is also a bit of a car nut sent me a link to the press release about the supersnake I was on the phone within a few hours to a local dealer from back home and gave him a CC deposit over the phone for an 08 GT500 to later ship to Shelby to do the conversion.

My question to all you current Shelby Owners out there is, what options would you suggest I go with when I order the base vehicle, and are there any that you have and didn't like? I am having to go a bit on faith here as I can't exactly drive this before I take delivery and I figured some of the readers here would be the best people to ask. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I am an American who is living in the UK and a long time Mustang fan but for a variety of reasons have never taken the plunge and bought one. However, after a friend who is also a bit of a car nut sent me a link to the press release about the supersnake I was on the phone within a few hours to a local dealer from back home and gave him a CC deposit over the phone for an 08 GT500 to later ship to Shelby to do the conversion.

My question to all you current Shelby Owners out there is, what options would you suggest I go with when I order the base vehicle, and are there any that you have and didn't like? I am having to go a bit on faith here as I can't exactly drive this before I take delivery and I figured some of the readers here would be the best people to ask. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Any options available won't matter. Get the options you want and like.

The ONLY thing you should do is choose the stripe DELETE when ordering. They would have to remove the stripes anyway since the stripes will be different on the supersnake.

All the stripes on the SS will be flat black regardless of car color. So pick a color you like that will have flat black stripes put on as part of the SS package.

Any options available won't matter. Get the options you want and like.

The ONLY thing you should do is choose the stripe DELETE when ordering. They would have to remove the stripes anyway since the stripes will be different on the supersnake.

All the stripes on the SS will be flat black regardless of car color. So pick a color you like that will have flat black stripes put on as part of the SS package.

You should get the options you want on the car. If I were to order my base car now I would probably pass on the Shaker 1000 since it adds a bit of weigh and takes alot of truck space.

I would personally have the stripes installed at the factory. If you later changed your mind on the SS package you would have your stripes. Neither Ford nor Shelby will give you a better price with stripe delete.

The only option I would really want is HIDs (High-Intensity Discharge headlamps). They are a great feature for night driving, and one that most, if not all would desire. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

+1. I had them on a previous car, wish they were on my 07 GT500 ... once you have had the HID's it's hard to re-adjust back to regular halogen headlights!

The smoked/tinted headlight lenses on the Super Snake is another reason I would definitely order HID headlights if I were speccing and 08 model.

Archived