TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nashville

The rain turns people into NASCAR drivers with high speeds and brake checks or devil's molasses where they must drive 20-30 miles under the speed limit.

Mix no fear with all fear and you get rain demolition derby. Just you wait. First time it rains, you will shake your head and say...man these people can't drive.

Friend of mine drove up to visit me in CT on Friday. It was raining. Took him two extra hours to get by 3 wrecks on the CT interstates. Maybe the Nashville drivers were in town!

Wait till they close school because there is a forecast of snow. The run on grocery stores will have you rolling.

Still a great place to live.

Same way here in CT....good thing is, Nashville area averages 6" of snow / year while CT averages 24"....

Now now, we in The south do like our milk and white bread when the weatherman calls for snow.

Now that's something I didn't know!

The rain turns people into NASCAR drivers with high speeds and brake checks or devil's molasses where they must drive 20-30 miles under the speed limit.

Mix no fear with all fear and you get rain demolition derby. Just you wait. First time it rains, you will shake your head and say...man these people can't drive.

Same thing happens down here in Central Florida in the Tourist district.

I try to stay away from that area as much as possible

I dont think it snowed last year. The roads were always white from them always brining the roads.

Yeah, got to do it for the ice at least, which is more of a concern in TN than snow from what I understand. When I lived in MD that was the case as well. My Shelby GT doesn't see roads like that.

• 2 months later...

I suppose you settled on a particular area of Nashville?

Yes, the area south of Nashville (Brentwood, Franklin, etc.) makes the most sense for us. Also been checking out the Music City Mustang Club and Nashville Cars n Coffee who have routine events in that area!

I have heard from a friend who lived around Franklin. Franklin is quite the car community.

Been thru there a few times driving and did not see the cars, will have to pay more attention in the future.

Maybe those cars are like mine, kept in a garage most of the time! :lol:

I live about a 2 hours drive north of Nashville. We moved from Pittsburgh, PA about 18 months ago. We frequent Nashville often. My wife loves the Franklin/Brentwood area. It's a cool city with plenty to do and see. Best of luck to you and your family with making the move!

My wife and I spent the last few days in and around Nashville. LOVE IT! South of the city is the place to live. Franklin, Bel Meade. Nice brick houses with land.

Good to hear! We have a contract on a home in Franklin now ... not brick, but a pretty good chunk of land.

I live about a 2 hours drive north of Nashville. We moved from Pittsburgh, PA about 18 months ago. We frequent Nashville often. My wife loves the Franklin/Brentwood area. It's a cool city with plenty to do and see. Best of luck to you and your family with making the move!

Thanks very much! We're much looking forward to it!

Must live in Owensboro. Nice drive.

Means you have to get horses for all that land.

The seller has a couple of horses, but, even though we have nothing against horses, we are not "horse people". There is one type of horse I will have there, however and that's a Mustang!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! So are you living there now, of moving after the closing?

Moving there after the closing. We paid a visit this past weekend to get more familiar with the area. Even did the Grand Ole Opry :lol: . Really looking forward to the move! We're doing so in stages; at some point I'm just gonna take a nice cruise in the Shelby GT to move it there :shift: . I have great plans for a new Shelby man cave!

Tourist. Did you stay at Opryland or Downtown? Only asking if you were Downtown and hit the cool sites. Howdy and welcome to Tennessee. Have to rustle you up some Tennessee Moonshine as a house warming gift. When I was younger, I knew some folks that had stills and some that made runs from East Tennessee. Not so much anymore.

You can take that front license plate off by the way.