TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Eibach Pro system kit

Does anyone have any experience with this kit. http://www.drivewire.com/per_brands/Defaul...BY%20GT500.html

I am looking for a quality lowering kit, that wont drop the car too low, but will get rid of the factory stance. I also dont want to sacrifice ride quality either if that is possible.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Eibach Pro seem to be the most popular here. BMR is another one that has been used quite a bit. The Eibach Pro is what I was going to go with, but I just talked to Eibach today (7/05) and they told me they are 3 to 6 months from introducing a fully height and shock adjustable coil-over system for the GT500.

And now I'm thinking I might wait to see how that system is. They say it will have fully adjustable height and the shocks will be fully adjustable and have remote fluid reseviors.

Another option to cloud up my already pee-brain :banghead::finger:

Eibach Pro seem to be the most popular here. BMR is another one that has been used quite a bit. The Eibach Pro is what I was going to go with, but I just talked to Eibach today (7/05) and they told me they are 3 to 6 months from introducing a fully height and shock adjustable coil-over system for the GT500.

And now I'm thinking I might wait to see how that system is. They say it will have fully adjustable height and the shocks will be fully adjustable and have remote fluid reseviors.

Another option to cloud up my already pee-brain :banghead::finger:

Sounds good. Since I probably wont have my car for probably another 3 months, I will wait and see what is available then. Thanks.

Not to belt out a stupid question, but why is everyone so intent on changing the stance? What will lowering the car get you? Is this more of a speed, handling, or looks upgrade? I have not drive one yet, and mine will be a late year order I am sure, but this seems to be a hot upgrade.

Not to belt out a stupid question, but why is everyone so intent on changing the stance? What will lowering the car get you? Is this more of a speed, handling, or looks upgrade? I have not drive one yet, and mine will be a late year order I am sure, but this seems to be a hot upgrade.

I think most are doing it for looks. Many feel that the car sits too high, especially the back.

That puzzles me! I read on this site of guys already hitting the front spoiler on stuff? How would that help? Then on top of that they complain of nose dive on hard braking? I am not well versed on the suspension, I imagine it lowers and stiffens to avoid both of what I mentioned above, thus I would THINK is would also give a harder ride? I do not know. I think I will stick with keeping everything original, as I do not want a Sunday racer, nor will I be street racing. I just want a nice ride, speed when you need or want it, great looks, and a toy to play with. I think a lot of guys here are ultra opposites and will do many mods. The most I MIGHT do is put a light bar on it. Even that scares me to cut the panels. Oh well, thanks for the info!

That puzzles me! I read on this site of guys already hitting the front spoiler on stuff? How would that help? Then on top of that they complain of nose dive on hard braking? I am not well versed on the suspension, I imagine it lowers and stiffens to avoid both of what I mentioned above, thus I would THINK is would also give a harder ride? I do not know. I think I will stick with keeping everything original, as I do not want a Sunday racer, nor will I be street racing. I just want a nice ride, speed when you need or want it, great looks, and a toy to play with. I think a lot of guys here are ultra opposites and will do many mods. The most I MIGHT do is put a light bar on it. Even that scares me to cut the panels. Oh well, thanks for the info!

I hear you on your concerns with the light bar. I am very cautious about making any changes, UNLESS they are Shelby!!! I will be changing my suspension, as part of the 40th Anniversary package. I specifically want to improve the hook-up of the rear tires. Lowereing the car will lower the center of gravity which will notably improve the handling and traction issues. The stock set-up was designed more for comfort than performance. I, myself have never had trouble with the height of the front air splitter, but will have to watch what I'm driving over once it is lowered. The height of the rear end of the car does worsen the waggle the car has under hard acceleration. It you like the it is, then leave it.

KingCobra.

I agree, its a MUSCLE CAR it's suppose to look that way.

I won't change a thing, I love it.

I agree, its a MUSCLE CAR it's suppose to look that way.

I won't change a thing, I love it.

Yeah, but trust me they look way better lowered!

VERY muscular looking when you put it with a high performance lowered stance.

(notice not slammed to the ground, just tastefully lowered with Eibach Pro Kit's OR the Ford Racing handling pack - which the KR is coming with from what I've read)

On the subject of lowering, you'll get as many different answers as we have members.

Most of the cars I've had the past 20 something years have been lowered. And actually for different reasons. The McLaren Mustang was strictly for handling. And for handling; lowering the CG (Center of Gravity) is very beneficial with in relation to a road track type car, it could do 70 in almost any direction without loss of control, but the ride was something short of a freakin buckboard down a rocky road. When you took a 200 mile trip in it, you were worn completely out. The '66 C10 pick up I have is lowered, but mostly for looks and it's "raked" 60's stance. It's themed after a vintage 60's surfer style truck.

With respect to the GT500, my reasons for lowering are two fold, one for looks. The concept car did not have 3" gap in the rear above the tires, and IMO shouldn't. A properly set up "street" car should not show, or barely show any opening above the tire. The other and more important is to help the handling characteristics that I feel are a negative for the GT500 or should I say, for MY GT500, the way I want it. I'm very used to taking a 60* turn at 70 and not having to brake, I feel that is very achievable with the S197 platform, and without giving up the great ride the car currently possesses. People should remember, the GT500 is to be considered a wonderful blank canvas with which to personalize. Some are heavy into road and track, that is completely different from drag racing, which is different from street cruising and don't forget some have them just for show cars, and some are very happy with it just the way it rolled off the showroom floor.

Mentioning the chin spoiler, I've accidentally scraped mine a couple times...last night being one of them....hit a huge pot hole that was full of water and didn't know it was there. :banghead: This is the first time it's ever been driven in the rain. :cry:

So doing the research, I've found for me, there is a deficiency in the rear suspension. I haven't made my mind up as to what to do. I know I don't want a full road race conversion. I want the ride. What I've found is a coil-over set that may be the best of both worlds. It's fully adjustable with relation to shock travel and height. It's not out yet, certainly not proven, so I'll wait for now.

All I'm looking for is a little better grip in the turn, to stop the wheel hop (that shouldn't have ever been there to begin with) and for it to look great when cruising.

I hear you on your concerns with the light bar. I am very cautious about making any changes, UNLESS they are Shelby!!! I will be changing my suspension, as part of the 40th Anniversary package. I specifically want to improve the hook-up of the rear tires. Lowereing the car will lower the center of gravity which will notably improve the handling and traction issues. The stock set-up was designed more for comfort than performance. I, myself have never had trouble with the height of the front air splitter, but will have to watch what I'm driving over once it is lowered. The height of the rear end of the car does worsen the waggle the car has under hard acceleration. It you like the it is, then leave it.

KingCobra.

I know what you mean about cutting the panels. What you may consider is perhaps buying the pieces you have to cut, removing the originals and using the new ones.

What little I've done, I've removed, tagged and sealed the original parts. If the car was to ever get sold, just think how nice it would be to have all the original pieces, and in brand new condition. :headspin:

Towards the bottom of this post: http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...st&p=175053 you'll see how I've done some of the pieces. Hope this helps.

Eibach will be releasing their coilover system soon. Once its ready I'm having it installed. They make the suspension set ups for FRPP and Shelby. The upgrade shock kit is good, but I'd wait for the coilover system. If you just want it lowered then buy the springs off ebay for $200 and have them installed. Handling is night and day with my car lowered and my wheel hop instantly disappeared. I didnt even install all my BMR stuff because I haven't needed it...and I've been lazy :doh:

Here's my original post on the prokit set up Eibach ProKit

This is what I like about this group of guys and this forum to discuss. I like the opinions, some good, some bad, however all worth the read. As for the suspension changes, all the reason make sense for those doing them. But it got me to wonder..... Since I am buying a vert, with added weight, plus the shaker 1000 in the trunk, plus with the top down that weight has to ride in back as well, will I somewhat achieve this lower stance by weight distribution alone? Just my weird way of thinking.

As for the panels (replacing them not using the originals) that is a great idea and one I will certainly look into! That makes the decision easier.

I am going to go with the total system from HR. Any feedback on HR out there?

Right now, H&R's springs are for the GT..........the GT is lighter in the front so their advertised 1" drop in the front will be lower on the GT500 due to the heavier nose..........no thanks

I am installing the H&R coilover set, specificly recomended for the GT500, this weekend. In the Coilovers, H&R makes 2 ranges of shocks/struts and covers 4 stock and numerous custom spring rates. For my needs on the GT500, the 625 front and 510 rear coils were recomended with the upgraded 37mm front, 27mm rear sway bars. At the moment as I type this the rear is done (with the BMR adjustable pan hard) and the front is bolted up awaiting adjustments. Will get it aligned next week with H&Rs recommended settings.

I can say that all the parts have been of top quality, designed for long life and fit very well. Only gotcha so far is H&R says to reuse the GT500 strut mount and that camber correction is built in to the strut. We'll see when its on the rack. Had I known they did not include the upper mounts in the kit, I would have ordered them anyway. Too late for now. Will see how this goes.

GT500 coilovers do exist and H&R has spring rates specific for the GT500. Actually more than one depending on your intended use. There is a set above and below the ones I bought.

JC....show us some love and the H&R web eddress :hysterical2:

The HR Springs web site is www.hrsprings.com but I was able to get much more information through www.stangsuspension.com as much of the H&R product line is not shown online but available through thier dealers. Was surprised to find out the components I needed for the GT500 were in stock and shipped quickly. I think H&R needs to do some better marketing. Tire Rack sells the full line as well but again, you have to call or email them for the non mainstream products. StangSuspension cut me a great deal on the full package with shipping too. Have dealt with them for a number of years and keep ending up back there.

I'll post some photos when done.

I have the Eibach Pro Kit on my car and love it. I think it rides better than stock, not as harsh. I mostly lower my cars for looks but the better handling is an added bonus!

Everyone that owns a GT500 knows they ride great stock but the rear end is too high. I bought the HR Sport Springs rear only to lower the car 3/4" in the rear, then installed QA1 fully adjustable shocks. The car has a much better stance and rides great.

Everyone that owns a GT500 knows they ride great stock but the rear end is too high. I bought the HR Sport Springs rear only to lower the car 3/4" in the rear, then installed QA1 fully adjustable shocks. The car has a much better stance and rides great.

Do you have pix to show the stance

I like the balance of th stock suspension a lot. I would like to see the rearend a little lower but it doesn't take much to upset the way the car handles. Do you find that this 3/4 drop changes the balance?

Since I am buying a vert, with added weight, plus the shaker 1000 in the trunk, plus with the top down that weight has to ride in back as well, will I somewhat achieve this lower stance by weight distribution alone?

If you want a lower ride, just invite them into your vert...

post-2704-1184016227_thumb.jpg

post-2704-1184016227_thumb.jpg

I too would like to see the rear a tad lower, like an inch, also I actually think the stock suspension rides sorta bouncy. Over every single bump in the road, the car bobs and weaves and bounces everywhere.

IMO a tighter suspesnion (lower stance) would eliminate this. I sorta get sea sick some time while driving :D

I ordered the Eibach Pro kit and I think I will only install the rear springs and see where that puts the stance. Does anyone have an thoughts or reservations about doing this? I'm pretty satisfied with the front height and if the rear spring only install levels the car out, I may leave it that way unless anyone has any input that would change my mind?I would think there would be no signifigant change in the ride quality.

I did the Eibach Pro Kit and love it, it rides a little less jolting than stock and I think the drop looks great.

Here is a picpost-8306-1184436887_thumb.jpg

post-8306-1184436887_thumb.jpg

I installed the pro kit last night with same results

I love the look and the ride quality is decent.

The squat and lift is also gone when accelerating

100_6142.jpg

I did the Eibach Pro Kit and love it, it rides a little less jolting than stock and I think the drop looks great.

Here is a pic0610071553.jpg

Archived