TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 or GT500 KR? 2009

CWB

Maybe this topic has come up before I'm sure but, How can I tell if It's Shelby Mustang KR or just a Shelby Mustang?

Vin# 1ZVHT88S095141243 all it says is Shelby Version when your read out the vin #. Shouldn't a Vin # specify?

I'm confused. This is the car attached.

Maybe this topic has come up before I'm sure but, How can I tell if It's Shelby Mustang KR or just a Shelby Mustang?

Vin# 1ZVHT88S095141243 all it says is Shelby Version when your read out the vin #. Shouldn't a Vin # specify?

I'm confused. This is the car attached.

The VIN alone will not decode a GT500KR from a regular production GT500 but a phone call to Shelby American or Ford's SVT hotline will get you the answer. Also any Ford dealership can run the cars VIN number through their system to determine if the car is a KR or not.

Steve

Steve, the Vin number will most definitely decode it as being a KR over a standard GT500. There used to be a Ford Window sticker site that you were able to access with any Ford Vin #. The KR window stickers had bold print saying "NOT LEGAL FOR SALE". Those stickers were for the KR cars since they were not finished at Ford and had to go through Shelby for the rest of the modifications and EPA fuel ratings. Attached is such a window sticker.

To answer [CWB], the Vin number you supplied (1ZVHT88S095141243) is indeed a 2009 GT500KR in Black. The CSM number is 09KR0234 and the car has the Shaker 1000 stereo system as an option.

1ZVHT88S085189839.pdf

Edited by FiaCobra

Steve, the Vin number will most definitely decode it as being a KR over a standard GT500. There used to be a Ford Window sticker site that you were able to access with any Ford Vin #. The KR window stickers had bold print saying "NOT LEGAL FOR SALE". Those stickers were for the KR cars since they were not finished at Ford and had to go through Shelby for the rest of the modifications and EPA fuel ratings. Attached is such a window sticker.

To answer [CWB], the Vin number you supplied (1ZVHT88S095141243) is indeed a 2009 GT500KR in Black. The CSM number is 09KR0234 and the car has the Shaker 1000 stereo system as an option.

Sorry Joe but I'll have to disagree. If someone was to post two VIN numbers side by side, one from a regular GT500 and one from a KR you could not deduce which one is the KR VIN number just by looking at the VIN. I believe this is what the OP was looking for, a certain digit in the VIN that would show if the car was a KR. Just like the 88S in the VIN denotes the car as being a GT500 coupe.

In fact the OP specifically asked that specific question. Here's what they wrote: "Shouldn't a Vin # specify?"

And you are correct that the no longer available to the general public Ford window sticker website could show which VIN number belongs to a KR but since that website has been unavailable for several years to the general public I saw no reason to mention it to a KR newbie who would certainly then ask where is this website. That is the reason I mentioned that any Ford dealership could verify the VIN along with SAI and SVT. The Ford dealership could either run the VIN through the window sticker website, which they have access to, or through Ford's Oasis system.

Now if I misunderstood the OP's question then I hope they will return and rephrase their question.

Steve

Sorry Joe but I'll have to disagree. If someone was to post two VIN numbers side by side, one from a regular GT500 and one from a KR you could not deduce which one is the KR VIN number just by looking at the VIN. I believe this is what the OP was looking for, a certain digit in the VIN that would show if the car was a KR. Just like the 88S in the VIN denotes the car as being a GT500 coupe.

In fact the OP specifically asked that specific question. Here's what they wrote: "Shouldn't a Vin # specify?"

And you are correct that the no longer available to the general public Ford window sticker website could show which VIN number belongs to a KR but since that website has been unavailable for several years to the general public I saw no reason to mention it to a KR newbie who would certainly then ask where is this website. That is the reason I mentioned that any Ford dealership could verify the VIN along with SAI and SVT. The Ford dealership could either run the VIN through the window sticker website, which they have access to, or through Ford's Oasis system.

Now if I misunderstood the OP's question then I hope they will return and rephrase their question.

Steve

In fact the OP specifically asked that specific question. Here's their question: "Shouldn't a Vin # specify?"

That``s the way I read it, that he is looking for something in the Vin# that tells him its a KR .

Edited by shelby001

Also why does it say -$210 for KR Package in the Price information? What else is included for worth $210 ? Can't be much. Seems conflicting.

That's a $210 credit off the GT500 MSRP. Most likely for parts that were not installed, perhaps the stripes?

It would have been more clear if Ford had added the word credit to the line item instead of just a 'minus sign' symbol.

Steve

Wow! So it is a KR. You guys are awesome! Thank you so much! Any ideas what this car is worth now? It has whopping 1400 miles on it, garage kept.

There are LOADS of threads on KR "values" here. Tread lightly....... It's a VERY sensitive subject. :doh:

There are LOADS of threads on KR "values" here. Tread lightly....... It's a VERY sensitive subject. :doh:

Looks like Chris caught ol Steve sleeping at the wheel. A newbie asking about KR values? ? ? OhOh.

I'm confident the OP is legit but if not it will become apparent real soon.