TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recaro Seats

Thanks guys, I'm still debating the seat options.

As for the price, OBO is implied isn't it?

Regardless, local dealers are out of their minds here in the Bay Area and won't even let you test drive a car. They also mark up their cars to ridiculous amounts ($80k for a GT350!). I have 62.5k in the car and will sell it locally. As for prices on cars that are $1.5-2k in shipping costs from here...it's a wash. The real problem is the dealers. There's pent up demand for the cars, but they insist on gouging their customers for the most part. I've only found a few around the country willing to sell at list price for a new car.

As for your comment about being dumb to sell a car because the seat doesn't fit...well clearly you haven't sat in these "Recaro" seats. This is my daily driver and I've never owned a car with a seat this bad. (over 100 cars)

Regardless, local dealers are out of their minds here in the Bay Area and won't even let you test drive a car. They also mark up their cars to ridiculous amounts ($80k for a GT350!). I have 62.5k in the car and will sell it locally. As for prices on cars that are $1.5-2k in shipping costs from here...it's a wash. The real problem is the dealers. There's pent up demand for the cars, but they insist on gouging their customers for the most part. I've only found a few around the country willing to sell at list price for a new car.

I live in Iowa and got my GT350 for sticker a month ago. The dealer i got it from still has another one, also going for sticker. Last month when i was looking at them there were several withing 50 miles going for sticker. I'm guessing that the dealers just can't get the markups around here.

A tad off topic.....but I just bought a '12 BOSS. Sight unseen...... Can't wait to sit in it and compare the Recaros. They say that they're wider and MORE comfy.

:waiting:

Another off topic...

You've got the sickness....and I LOVE IT!

Edited by Cali_KR

• 3 months later...

Not sure what others have talked about because the Recaros in my new 2017 have a lumbar adjustment. As for the airbag issue don't worry about removing the seats with side airbags as least for safety reasons. However if you don't replace them with other airbag equipped Mustang seats you will need to make a dummy plug with a resistor to keep the airbag light from showing a fault which will cause all the airbags to not deploy in a crash. This goes back to as early as the 2005 Mustangs. In my case I put a Sparco Chrono 5 Large in my 2013 Mustang GT and had to build the terminator plug for the wiring harness to replace the airbag connector.

As for real race seats, the only kind allowed in real racing are one piece FIA approved seats which are not legal (according to the NHTSA) for street use. Articulated seats (ones where the back is adjustable) are not allowed in any form of wheel to wheel motorsports (maybe in drifting) no matter if they are made by a company that does make real race seats (Sparco, Corbeau, Recaro, etc.) Not to mention I think there is only one company that makes a set of 4 or 5 point harnesses that are fully approved for street use by the NHTSA and are allowed to be used to replace the OEM belts.

Edited by photoracer18

The OP would be very wise to take the advice from several other members here who have suggested a seat substitution. I find it very hard to believe that anyone would be dumb enough to sell a new car because they didn't

like the seats. That is a load of BS my friend. Take a good look at the scores of GT350s for sale and their asking prices. Good luck with 62.5K.

Most of the used ones in my area are listed in the 52K-55K dollar range with low mileage in many cases.

Hello everyone,

I recently received my car and am really enjoying having it. The only major problem I'm having is that the Recaro seats offer no lumbar support and are too narrow on the seat bottom. Today was my first day of commuting in the car and my lower back is not happy about it. The seat bottom is also too narrow for my hips and thighs (no, I'm not fat). The bolsters press directly onto my bones. So I'm asking for help trying to find replacement seats. If I can't find some quickly I'll have to sell the car.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

I have the power heated cooled seats would be happy to trade for the Recaros

• 1 year later...