TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New tire suggestion

• 3 weeks later...

It's that time fellas, I need new sneakers for my 2009 KR. I want to get a good tire that fits the stock alcoa 18" rims. What does everyone recommend ?

Best bang for the buck right here.

Been driving with these on my KR since 2012 (I know a number of other guys driving various Shelby, all with the same excellent results)

They work in the rain, and even on the track!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo2&partnum=74YR8K120XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Edited by Cali_KR

• 3 weeks later...

I got you beat by another 20 mph.

So no drag or track racing.

All the suggestions here are great choices.

I would have went quicker but it's still limited to 155mph. When I get new sneakers I'll have the limiter removed and see what the car can do stock.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I went with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. 275/40/18 rear 255/45/18 fronts. Super good value, and great reviews! They are awesome. I get WAY better traction than the stock tires. They hook up real nice. I took her to the WHM shootout in Sealy Tx. yesterday 40deg weather. Did a little burnout, best I could and ran 1/4 mile 12.01...2.0 60ft....123mph with them. The track was packed. I know I could have dipped into the 11's with a few more shots at it.  Not bad on 275 street tires that cost half price of mpss. They're pretty quiet and grip really good.

I actually bought a set of those for track days.  275/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.  Was pleased with them as a tire that I could beat through multiple heat cycles.  Held up well and gave predictable feedback.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, nearly 3 years later and I finally ordered new tires for the car !!

I stuck with the "stock" tire size and went with Continental Extreme Contact Sport (Max Performance Summer) in all 4 corners. I'll report back my review.

• 3 weeks later...