TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any pictures of lowered 16-17 GT350s?

Hey there, recently picked up a Gt350 and was curious about a set of lowering springs. The car itself is rather low, but i was curious if anyone had any pictures of ones lowered? Google only seems to give me 5.0s or GT350 "Look Alikes"

Thanks again!

Wow I hope not, I am not sure why you would want to go lower. The wheel well is already filled out, the handling is exceptional, why mess it up.

Just my 2 cents

I agree, bad idea. The GT350 is arguably the very best looking Mustang of all time. Why mess with that. Lowered late model cars always remind me of what some guys call a "lettuce picker special".

I have one..... I can't even imagine driving it around town with it ANY lower. :doh:

Not to mention what's been posted above already...... the car was engineered SPOT ON! :peelout:

There'll be guys that eventually do it, just because. But if you take the car seriously as it was meant to be, it's wasteful IMO. :victory:

So much for not being negative to the new guys. :doh::nonono:

No, Trevor, most of us haven't seen any lowered GT350's yet because we're a bunch of bench racer wanna be's.

I saw one or two at last year's Mustang Week that I may have taken a picture of. The next time I jump on my computer I'll look for one and post it here.

Welcome to Team Shelby! :yahoo:

Hey there, recently picked up a Gt350 and was curious about a set of lowering springs. The car itself is rather low, but i was curious if anyone had any pictures of ones lowered? Google only seems to give me 5.0s or GT350 "Look Alikes"

Thanks again!

Here's the lowered GT350 that I had in mind: https://image.adam.automotive.com/f/201805256/2016-mustang-week-s550-cars-001.jpg

As far as lowering and modifying the suspension, I would look at and follow what the engineers have done with the GT350RC racer. The only reason that I can see lowering the GT350 is for track use as most city streets and roads will cause a lot of expensive damage to rims, tires, suspension and lower body parts. IMHO

A friend of mine in Cali, lowered it and added airbags among many other things. BUT, as stated above, he had a base model and wanted to improve on the suspension.

18740813_10154958965663300_2218300785485

That abortion could be appropriately described as a high school senior's dream car. Somebody needs to grow up, his car is really stupid looking. Amazing how some people can ruin a beautiful car.

That abortion could be appropriately described as a high school senior's dream car. Somebody needs to grow up, his car is really stupid looking. Amazing how some people can ruin a beautiful car.

You meant cold blooded murder. Or, he should have aborted that idea. :lol:

I wasn't going to say it, but I cannot disagree, what a disaster.

+1 his car.

Not to my taste and I don't recall him asking me for input pre or post modifications.

As my coach once said, "I am prohibited by the conference to talk about the terrible officiating that took place in tonight's game."

Seen a number of new model GT350 toys arriving at the Indy track at SAAC42. None lowered that I have seen so far. A few going through tech inspection to it will be interesting to see how they handle on the road course.