TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I bit the bullett and Bought 2016 Hertz GTH Executive Car

I own 2 2006 GTH's, a 2008 KR and now a 2016 GTH that was never driven but one of the 16 6 speed Hertz Executive Cars that were for the 50th anniversary.

I've owned other Shelbys along the way a 2008 I sold Once I saw they were going to keep making them. I also bought a 2014 with the 666hp that I sold to buy a Jaguar F Type. I've tried to hang on to the cars that are holding their values.

My latest purchase is the 2016 Shelby Hertz GTH that is one of the 16 manual Shelbys only sold to Executives. It has a little over 100 miles.

Looking back the 2006 GTH is special because it was the beginning and it really reminds you of buying an old Camaro or Mustang. Not the brutal horsepower but a nice sound and it reminds me of the old muscle cars.

The 2008 KR was always one of my favorites and probably my favorite Shelby until the 2016 manual GTH. The KR was just put together right, you can here the supercharger whine and you just feel like you're in control. Now I've never driven a SuperSnake of a 1,000 hp Shelby as I'm sure they are special in their own right.

I haven't read where anyone else has bit the bullet and bought a 2016 Hertz manual Shelby with a Supercharger. Its a little sub-duded until you turn off traction control and then it comes to life and I figure buying one of 16 if will always be marketable. I know Shelby just bolts on parts and puts a different tune in but they seem to find the right set-up for the car.

I'm falling in love with the car and it is now my favorite Shelby and I hope the value will hang in there. I hear a lot of chatter about prices coming down and they will be less but life is short and if you have the money and want one go grab one. Thats just my two cents.

Enjoy your cars as we are fortunate to have these cars in this day and age. In 20 years everything maybe auto-drive.........lol

SVT

SVT-

As far as I know, you and I are the only TS members owning a blown 2016 GTH. Congrats on the purchase. You are going to be happy with that decision. One quick note, to disable all the nannies in addition to turning traction control off, you need to hold down the switch for 5 seconds until it says advancedtrac is off too. Then you are free to roam. Sorry this a bit off topic but couldn't resist. (And you probably know this already).

Thanks for the tip as I did not know about holding it down 5 seconds. I know you already know but it really is an incredible car. From the hood to the side skirts to the Shelby Emblem that lights up on the concrete when you lock it. Maybe thats a feature for all mustangs now but it is trick. Have you taken you car to a show as of yet? I'm curious what the reaction was. With all the body changes the car really doesn't look like a Mustang and when people see it they ask me what it is.

Have fun with yours. I'm going to drive it some but plan to keep the mileage down some as I think they will appreciate in the future. In 2007 I could of bought an 2006 GTH with a 5 speed for $60K and wish I would have because if I'm not mistaken only 4 coupes got 5 speeds.

If you have any other useful information PM me.

Thanks, SVT Stephen

SVT-

As far as I know, you and I are the only TS members owning a blown 2016 GTH. Congrats on the purchase. You are going to be happy with that decision. One quick note, to disable all the nannies in addition to turning traction control off, you need to hold down the switch for 5 seconds until it says advancedtrac is off too. Then you are free to roam. Sorry this a bit off topic but couldn't resist. (And you probably know this already).

? I am going to have to try that.

SVT congratulations on your purchase. Can you tell us what CSM number it is? I am sure you will enjoy the car. I did when I rented #85 last year.

Congrats. I am green with envy. I've been on the hunt for one myself but I've had 4 different execs tell me they want $150k for one. I'm not willing to pay that so I I'm left with patience if/when one comes up at a more reasonable price.

In the meantime I've been looking at Ferrari F430's. :hide:

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Thanks for the tip as I did not know about holding it down 5 seconds. I know you already know but it really is an incredible car. From the hood to the side skirts to the Shelby Emblem that lights up on the concrete when you lock it. Maybe thats a feature for all mustangs now but it is trick. Have you taken you car to a show as of yet? I'm curious what the reaction was. With all the body changes the car really doesn't look like a Mustang and when people see it they ask me what it is.

Have fun with yours. I'm going to drive it some but plan to keep the mileage down some as I think they will appreciate in the future. In 2007 I could of bought an 2006 GTH with a 5 speed for $60K and wish I would have because if I'm not mistaken only 4 coupes got 5 speeds.

If you have any other useful information PM me.

Thanks, SVT Stephen

SVT- I sent some other useful info via PM. For the Advancedtrac, to disable you need to hold down the trac control switch while applying the brake for 5 seconds. The display will tell you advancedtrac is OFF once complete. Also the track apps are amazing with a great launch control also time and speed Tracking/ recording for 1/4 mile, 0-60 and a line lock which is really cool.