TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

This price is consistent with what Hertz is selling their cars for right now. Plus with the low mileage 154 has i think it’s a better deal.

Edited by 19again

• 3 weeks later...

This dealership has one priced at $44k without the over the top stripes!! https://www.karmartcjdr.com/used/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-c8ae676e0a0e0a171377b1d8c4ff3025.htm

15 hours ago, GTH064 said:

This dealership has one priced at $44k without the over the top stripes!! https://www.karmartcjdr.com/used/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-c8ae676e0a0e0a171377b1d8c4ff3025.htm

I have seen that car when it first came in. The top stripes were covered with what looked like rust spots. They had the car detailed, but could not get the spots out. I have a similar very small spot on one of my stripes somewhere and have not been able to get it off. So on #76, I know the hood, roof and deck lid are all original because of the "bad" stripes. The paint was fine after the detail. The car had come up on a truck from Calif and was really dirty (I saw it within a day or two of when it arrived). So I do not know if they just removed the stripes or also repainted the effected surfaces. Being a dealership watching their cost, I would think not repainted if the stripes came off ok. Brent

I've see a few of the west coast cars with heavily deteriorated stripes

The hood and top stripes of my car came with hundreds of small spots, what appeared to be rust stains. Apparently, the hard water in California caused this spotting which does not buff out.

I called Shelby Las Vegas and they shipped me out new stripes-have them sitting in a box, not having found anybody that feels comfortable about peeling off the old ones and replacing them with my new ones.

Has anybody out there been through this?

1 hour ago, Dr Garry Kraft said:

The hood and top stripes of my car came with hundreds of small spots, what appeared to be rust stains. Apparently, the hard water in California caused this spotting which does not buff out.

I called Shelby Las Vegas and they shipped me out new stripes-have them sitting in a box, not having found anybody that feels comfortable about peeling off the old ones and replacing them with my new ones.

If you do a search within TS for "removing stripes", or "Peeling stripes" there are quite a few helpful topics about it and how to go about removing and reapplying stripes.

Edited by mhr1961

9 hours ago, Dr Garry Kraft said:

I would think a reputable body shop in your area should be able to remove the old stripes for you.

brent

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 19again said:

16H100 sold week of April 22 2019 :(

Wasn't that car advertised online last month for  $40k?.....I wonder what it actually ended up selling for?......

• 11 months later...