TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

Sure would have been great if these were 18 models with the Bullitt engine up grade. 10 speed with 480 hp. That would have floated my boat. I did own a 06 GT-H a couple of years ago. I remember ford dealers were buying these at the auction for $60K when they were first released. The dealer I paid $31K for his showed me the invoice. Amazing prices and you have to remember these were the first Shelby’s since 69/70 model. There was a tremendous amount of excitement at the time. I still think the early SGT’s are cool ? and the SGT-H as well. Now another batch of Shelby’s will be coming out of flat rock soon. 100,000 will be reached soon. More for everyone to enjoy I guess. 

I guess it's the law of supply and demand!   But, you also have to realize when to stop the supply to keep demand steady!  I also really like the early SGT, SGT/SC and also the SGT-H.  May-be these early Shelby GTs will go the way of the early Mid-Year Corvettes and will always be popular and highly collectable!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

I guess it's the law of supply and demand!   But, you also have to realize when to stop the supply to keep demand steady!  I also really like the early SGT, SGT/SC and also the SGT-H.  May-be these early Shelby GTs will go the way of the early Mid-Year Corvettes and will always be popular and highly collectable!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Stopping supply does not automatically affect demand. If you use the GTH as an example , in order to create “demand” Hertz has  steadily lowered the price of the 2016 GTH. $150k, ……$80K,………..$75k, ……..$54k, ……..$49.9k,……$44.9k, and now $42.5K……..The amount of supply has had little to no impact because the majority of consumers still did not or do not see a fair value level even at $44.9k. Otherwise Hertz would not have now again dropped the price on about 2 dozen of them to $42.5k. When supply and demand meet an equilibrium these cars will sell at a much better pace. If they were selling at a rate Hertz thought was acceptable they would not keep dropping the price in an attempt to generate demand. I am not bashing the 2016 GTH,  just showing an example of some basic economics.

Edited by mhr1961

Well back in 1980 I bought a 66 Mustang with a hipo 289 and a high rise intake ,4 speed ,white with blue stripes. Funny thing is it had a plate on the fender that said Shelby and that was cool. Today can’t touch that car for under ten times that price I paid. The car wasn’t much faster then a 66 mustang K code. Who knows what will become of the 06 SGT-H 07,08 SGT’s. I like um just like I liked the 66 fastback mustang with that funny little plate. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

The current younger generation has zero interest in cars compared to those 40 and up, I do not see that changing.  The ones that do have interest are more into the GTR/WRX type cars.  Many of us grew up loving the old Muscle Cars, we now love the fact they reinvented the old designs.  My 2 cents is demand will be no where near what it is now for 50 year old cars when our cars are the same age.  If you are buying hoping so I think you are making a HUGE mistake.  Drive them is what I say.

Just convince your buddies they need an automatic Shelby with pedestrian 435hp for the wife and let's get these cars bought up. Drive! Hand it down to the kid, quit tight-fisting all the cash. We already have several in Washington, and plenty of room for more.

12 hours ago, blz57 said:

Looks like 10 were sold in April 2018. 

By the webiste last month there were about 48 cars, so far this month there are 44........ so that would equate to 4 cars not 10. I realize they add and subtract cars at varying times so it is difficult if you are outside of Hertz to know the exact amount of GTH cars sold. Are you a Hertz employee?.... or is  your count of 10 verified by Hertz somehow?,............. or are you using new math?

1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

By the webiste last month there were about 48 cars, so far this month there are 44........ so that would equate to 4 cars not 10. I realize they add and subtract cars at varying times so it is difficult if you are outside of Hertz to know the exact amount of GTH cars sold. Are you a Hertz employee?.... or is  your count of 10 verified by Hertz somehow?,............. or are you using new math?

I just follow the Sold list. It is slow to build up during each month, but once the month has passed, it seems to stay stationary. There were many "pending" on the For Sale list, but they got moved. 

I keep my own list (from the For Sale list here) of the cars that are UTL from either list (25 units when I started, now 19 at last check) - so part of the feel that for sale cars are not moving is become some that have not been on since I started looking randomly show up. Maybe been in the shop? 

Last I added up the units on the Sold list was 4/1/18 and in was 82. I have not added it up since. I watch all of this closely, just for grins if nothing else, and I feel they are moving a bit faster that you think. 

I am not a Hertz employee....but an UW by vocation, so I am used to crunching numbers. 

ok, just was wondering how you came up with your stats. So it looks like about 50 or 60 cars left in the fleet if your numbers are correct. If Hertz is happy with the pace the cars are selling then good for them, but there is no denying the  way they have gone about it has not helped the value of the cars. If they sell at a rate of 8 to 10 per month then maybe they will have them sold off by the end of the year..........

• 1 month later...

Welp……, unless I am mistaken, Hertz has sold off or removed the remaining 2016 GT-H’s left on their website. When I checked 2 days ago there were still 23 of them at $42.5k. I could only find 2 Shelby GTH’s left today when I did a search. The website has changed as well. I don’t think they sold 20+ cars in 2 days so I wonder if they took the final 20 or so cars off the web and are going to auction them off somewhere in the near future.  Any knowledge or speculation from the Hertz crowd?

Edited by mhr1961
spelling

I know of 4 that were sold within the past week. I was looking at a car in Roseville, California. When I called, both cars they had were sold. I also called about a Santa Clara car and it too was sold. I bought the last Winston Salem car, so that's 4. I think most people who were waiting for the 40K price range have jumped at the remaining cars. Most of the ones left have either been wrecked or have alot of mileage on them.

I really wanted to buy #79, since that is what my 07 GTH is,  but couldn't bring myself to buy a car that had been fixed with the wrong grille and a pony emblem.

3 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Welp……, unless I am mistaken, Hertz has sold off or removed the remaining 2016 GT-H’s left on their website. When I checked 2 days ago there were still 23 of them at $42.5k. I could only find 2 Shelby GTH’s left today when I did a search. The website has changed as well. I don’t think they sold 20+ cars in 2 days so I wonder if they took the final 20 or so cars off the web and are going to auction them off somewhere in the near future.  Any knowledge or speculation from the Hertz crowd?

Here's the scoop as I know it to be........   No, Hertz hasn't sold off the remaining GTHs, though they did sell a bunch of them these past 7 days...and NO, there's no word on the street of a mass dumping of cars into an auction process. A couple days ago, Hertz began an "upgrade" to their site. In doing so, the ability for we GTH enthusiasts to monitor a list of 2016 GThs for sale has become more of a challenge. Any links to the old site are no good.  This upgrade seems to be a job in progress because some site functions worked different today than yesterday. When searching the new site,  I found the filters work slightly different than the old site and there's a maximum 500 mile range restriction which needs to be worked around in order to do a thorough one time coast to coast search. I'm anything but a whiz when it comes to navigating websites.  I'm still becoming familiar with their site's new features. I have managed to capture links to the 21 cars currently on their site. (see my post "06, '07 & '16 GTHs for sale on.........) As mentioned above, the visuals are completely different on their site.  I'm hoping as time goes by, their IT folks will continue to smooth out more of the wrinkles and the site will become more user friendly..........at least for us dinosaurs.       

Yeah, I did see that the old links don't work and that the 2016 GTH advertisement was gone. I did see the 500 mile restriction you mentioned. Using the 500 mile radius, I plugged in about 4 or 5 different zip codes around the country and only came up with 2 cars. I don't put as much time in to it as you though. I did see that over the past month that they sold a few more cars than usual. nice write up. Thanks for the update.

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM, carnut12 said:

The New Automatic regular GT blows this away across the board, they waited too long to drop the prices.

They had to enhance the GT350 because the GT was too close to its performance, it’s a Great time to be shopping for a Muscle Car!!!!

With a little searching, it appears most of the remaining 20 or so 2016 GTH’s are on various hertz lots in California. They still have them listed at $42.5k.

Yes, you can get a new 2018 GT for less that will outperform the GTH. But I guess some people’s argument would be “but its not a Shelby”, or “but the GTH is rare”………….if that’s the case you could go buy a well cared for low mileage 2016 Mustang GT for $20 to $22k and send it in to Shelby to have made in to a GTE for the $17k and then you would have a car that is more rare than a GTH and have $5k left over to have a blast in Vegas when you picked it up………or spend $27k on a GTE with supercharger and have a whole lot more performance for just a few thousand more than a GTH.

It would be interesting to see if we hear from anyone that may be in cali that could go in and offer $38 to 39k cash and walk out the door with a GTH.

Edited by mhr1961

Two previously "no longer available" cars were relisted earlier today so the count is back up to 23 on the Hertz site. Yes, most are in California (17); the remaining are........Texas (2), Arizona (2), New Mexico (1) & Florida (1).  The Pennsylvania car that "disappeared" from the site the day of the upgrade is still among the missing.  This is not the first time this car went missing. It was this very same car that was being hyped by Hertz as the first 2016 GT-H to be sold to the public back in August 2016 (Mecum Auction). A couple weeks before the auction....poof...it was dropped from the docket.  

Edited by HERTZ II

Well, because I believe Hertz was/is being too greedy, I went down a different path. I was hoping to get a 2016 GT-H to go with my 2006, but still felt they were overpriced (for a number of reasons others do too). As a result, I decided to put the money into something different. 

Let me first say, I don't know how many of you are typical car people (that are so brand loyal you bash Camaro and Corvette owners, and Mopar owners, etc.) but I personally like all sorts of cars for different reasons. That's why my daily driver is a Chrysler 300C AWD, our family (wife's) car is a Ford Explorer XLT, I have a Honda S2000, the 2006 GT-H, a 1972 Opel GT, and a 1988 RHD Austin Mini. And just because I own a Mustang doesn't mean I hate Camaro owners (although that seems to be the norm). I like unique vehicles, rare vehicles, and cars that very few other people will own, and this new addition fits the bill.

So last Monday I had delivered from Kentucky a 2015 Chevrolet SS. Made in Australia, it's what the Aussies call a Holden Commodore SS-V Redline. It's a high-hp, big V8, RWD sedan (something that is disappearing - basically the SS and the Charger are your only options). If you've never heard of it, you're not alone. And yes, it's just called the "SS" it's not a Malibu or an Impala. 

This one is finished in Alchemy Purple paint, and the build stats are pretty cool:
1 of 3,168 in 2015
1 of 61 Alchemy Purple
1 of 14 as optioned (automatic, sunroof, tire inflator kit)

And the best part? 1,006 miles when I got it. Next is the part where I remove all the Chevy bow-ties and swap in the Holden Lion logo (the funny part about that is that you can buy those accessories directly from Chevy dealers). So I'll be driving around in a car that very few people will even know what it is.

Eventually I am very confident I'll get my 2016 GT-H, but it just won't be soon. That was a hard sell to the wife than the SS was because it's a sedan, and I convinced her it would be my new daily driver, replacing the 300C. Luckily she doesn't really need to know about the 415hp and all the go-fast parts that easily can go on it to make 700hp or more. Hehehhe

For those of you looking to buy a '16 GT-H, good luck, hope you find a nice one. Keep it in good shape and then sell it to me in a couple years!

Take care guys

3 hours ago, 06H014 said:

Well, because I believe Hertz was/is being too greedy, I went down a different path. I was hoping to get a 2016 GT-H to go with my 2006, but still felt they were overpriced (for a number of reasons others do too). As a result, I decided to put the money into something different. 

Let me first say, I don't know how many of you are typical car people (that are so brand loyal you bash Camaro and Corvette owners, and Mopar owners, etc.) but I personally like all sorts of cars for different reasons. That's why my daily driver is a Chrysler 300C AWD, our family (wife's) car is a Ford Explorer XLT, I have a Honda S2000, the 2006 GT-H, a 1972 Opel GT, and a 1988 RHD Austin Mini. And just because I own a Mustang doesn't mean I hate Camaro owners (although that seems to be the norm). I like unique vehicles, rare vehicles, and cars that very few other people will own, and this new addition fits the bill.

So last Monday I had delivered from Kentucky a 2015 Chevrolet SS. Made in Australia, it's what the Aussies call a Holden Commodore SS-V Redline. It's a high-hp, big V8, RWD sedan (something that is disappearing - basically the SS and the Charger are your only options). If you've never heard of it, you're not alone. And yes, it's just called the "SS" it's not a Malibu or an Impala. 

This one is finished in Alchemy Purple paint, and the build stats are pretty cool:
1 of 3,168 in 2015
1 of 61 Alchemy Purple

And the best part? 1,006 miles when I got it. Next is the part where I remove all the Chevy bow-ties and swap in the Holden Lion logo (the funny part about that is that you can buy those accessories directly from Chevy dealers). So I'll be driving around in a car that very few people will even know what it is.

Eventually I am very confident I'll get my 2016 GT-H, but it just won't be soon. That was a hard sell to the wife than the SS was because it's a sedan, and I convinced her it would be my new daily driver, replacing the 300C. Luckily she doesn't really need to know about the 415hp and all the go-fast parts that easily can go on it to make 700hp or more. Hehehhe

For those of you looking to buy a '16 GT-H, good luck, hope you find a nice one. Keep it in good shape and then sell it to me in a couple years!

Take care guys

Yep.  Pretty much what I've been thinking.  

QSS

17 hours ago, 06H014 said:

1 of 3,168 in 2015
1 of 61 Alchemy Purple

Take care guys

Sounds like a good choice and a cool car!

Any pics?? :camera:

Sure, here you go.  It's meant to be a bit of a sleeper and I joked earlier about people thinking it's an Impala or a Malibu, but that's really what happens. And then they get blown away and go what the heck was that? 

IMG_1386.GIF

I just procured #125 from Don Miller at Vantage Sportscars in Orlando.  I can't speak highly enough about this guy and the entire experience with him.  He really knows the Hertz cars.  He has sold more than 30 of them.  He told me there has been a flurry of activity in the last two weeks.  Hertz has only about 15 left and they are ALL on the West Coast.   He still has two expensive cars that have not been rented and one extremely expensive executive car.  

I am pretty darned excited.  Have not seen one in person....

1 hour ago, dshafs said:

I just procured #125 from Don Miller at Vantage Sportscars in Orlando.  I can't speak highly enough about this guy and the entire experience with him.  He really knows the Hertz cars.  He has sold more than 30 of them.  He told me there has been a flurry of activity in the last two weeks.  Hertz has only about 15 left and they are ALL on the West Coast.   He still has two expensive cars that have not been rented and one extremely expensive executive car.  

Congratulation!!! I know Don Miller he is a very nice guy and easy to deal with plus he is very knowledgeable on the Shelby GT H cars.  You will not be disappointed from a car that Don has for sale.

Edited by phyllis

1 hour ago, dshafs said:

Congrats!!!

On 6/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, 06H014 said:

Sure, here you go.  It's meant to be a bit of a sleeper and I joked earlier about people thinking it's an Impala or a Malibu, but that's really what happens. And then they get blown away and go what the heck was that? 

IMG_1386.GIF

Lots of Horsepower available from the get go, and as you mentioned lots of upgrades to extract even more.

I would deem this car "The One Eyed One Horned Flyin' Purple Prius Eater"..................only people over 50 or so will get the song reference though......

7 hours ago, dshafs said:

Congrats! The excitement will just continue to build. We all love ours! Brent