TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

over 2 dozen 2016 GTH's available on the Hertz site now. Price has been dropped to $44,900 on about a dozen of them.......

Actually, there are 47 GTHs currently listed on the Hertz site...........and 28 are priced @ $44900.

Edited by HERTZ II

Hertz site has 47 cars listed and there are more on ebay and autotrader.com so there's lots and lots of choices out there.  If prices were around $40 last year I would have bought one but now I've kinda lost interest.  

Oh well, it's still fun to watch this unfold.

QSS

8 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Sites update, only a couple dozen or so showed up in my search of the site 3 hours prior......the 40 ish count may be more or may be less tommorrow.......

Yes, that's correct......sites do update. But in this case, as you can see on my post where I maintain a list of Shelby GTHs for sale ("06, 07 & '16 GTHs currently for sale ............."), the Hertz listing of GTHs has changed only once in the last couple days. This has been the norm for as long as they (Hertz) has been listing these cars. They are not routinely adding and removing GThs on a daily basis. I believe the confusion of how many cars are currently on their site comes from how Hertz identifies the cars. For reasons I cannot explain, Hertz chooses to list most of the GTHs as a "2016 Ford Mustang GT-H", but there's always a handful identified as "2016 Ford Mustang GT ". (Right now, today, there's 8 GTHs listed as "GTs) So if someone goes to the Hertz Car Sales site and goes through the multi-step search process, unless you know to check both GTH and GT boxes, you won't see them all. To add further confusion, every once in awhile, I've seen Hertz list one of these GTHs as a "2016 Ford Shelby GT-H".         

3 hours ago, HERTZ II said:

Yes, that's correct......sites do update. But in this case, as you can see on my post where I maintain a list of Shelby GTHs for sale ("06, 07 & '16 GTHs currently for sale ............."), the Hertz listing of GTHs has changed only once in the last couple days. This has been the norm for as long as they (Hertz) has been listing these cars. They are not routinely adding and removing GThs on a daily basis. I believe the confusion of how many cars are currently on their site comes from how Hertz identifies the cars. For reasons I cannot explain, Hertz chooses to list most of the GTHs as a "2016 Ford Mustang GT-H", but there's always a handful identified as "2016 Ford Mustang GT ". (Right now, today, there's 8 GTHs listed as "GTs) So if someone goes to the Hertz Car Sales site and goes through the multi-step search process, unless you know to check both GTH and GT boxes, you won't see them all. To add further confusion, every once in awhile, I've seen Hertz list one of these GTHs as a "2016 Ford Shelby GT-H".         

There are many things that affect what shows up in a search. I am not sure what the Hertz update cycle is but it is quite likely more than the "every few days' you mentioned. The past 24 hours indicates such. You said yesterday there were 47 and that 28 were priced at $44,900. That may have been the case at the exact moment you logged in. when I logged in just  few hours prior at that moment there were only about a couple of dozen with only about a  dozen listed at $44.900 that showed in my search. Today, less than 24 hours after you posted…… as of that exact moment that I logged in today there are only 45 each  2016 GTH’s listed and now 34 of them are at $44,900 so the website must have some kind of refresh cycle that goes on at least once daily and is most likely “live” and updates/reconciles as they add inventory or sell cars. And they probably also have an IT/Webmaster/Inventory person/department that makes sure the listings update “live”.  I can’t imagine a company the size of Hertz not having some type of inventory control system that is “live” and scanned for additions and deletions as sales are made and inventory is sold or added. You cannot effectively run a company in todays market that has millions of cars in its fleet and in its sales inventory if your information management system only updates/reconciles every few days……..that is late 1970s early 1980s style inventory management (stone age). It may look to you that they don’t update daily because they may not sell a GTH every day. My logic would be that it is some type of a “live” system because it has obviously changed 3 times already in less than 24 hours.

3 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

There are many things that affect what shows up in a search. I am not sure what the Hertz update cycle is but it is quite likely more than the "every few days' you mentioned. The past 24 hours indicates such. You said yesterday there were 47 and that 28 were priced at $44,900. That may have been the case at the exact moment you logged in. when I logged in just  few hours prior at that moment there were only about a couple of dozen with only about a  dozen listed at $44.900 that showed in my search. Today, less than 24 hours after you posted…… as of that exact moment that I logged in today there are only 45 each  2016 GTH’s listed and now 34 of them are at $44,900 so the website must have some kind of refresh cycle that goes on at least once daily and is most likely “live” and updates/reconciles as they add inventory or sell cars. And they probably also have an IT/Webmaster/Inventory person/department that makes sure the listings update “live”.  I can’t imagine a company the size of Hertz not having some type of inventory control system that is “live” and scanned for additions and deletions as sales are made and inventory is sold or added. You cannot effectively run a company in todays market that has millions of cars in its fleet and in its sales inventory if your information management system only updates/reconciles every few days……..that is late 1970s early 1980s style inventory management (stone age). It may look to you that they don’t update daily because they may not sell a GTH every day. My logic would be that it is some type of a “live” system because it has obviously changed 3 times already in less than 24 hours.

I guess I'm not being clear and for that I apologize. Let me try again.......

Most of what you've said is spot on. Yes, I agree, there are many things that affect a search. My intent was simply to point out the misleading GT listing. Make no mistake, I'm not disputing your observations. All I'm trying to point out is that what you've seen in the last 24-36 hours is NOT routine or regular adjustments to the site by Hertz. I've been camped on the Hertz site for over a year...ever since they listed the first GTH for sale. I visit that site a least one a day, 7 days a week. Now, while I can't comment on  the Hertz IT department or whether their inventory management system is stone age or state of the art, it really doesn't concern me. The only interest I have is the info on the screen when I sign on their site. Given my frequency of visits to the Hertz site, I can say with absolute certainty there is no evidence of regular, routine updating (I'm speaking about only GTHs) whether it's done "live" or by manual input.  I have seen things change sometimes as frequently as 2 and 3 times in one day and the flip side is as common. I've seen 3, 4 and 5 days roll by with nothing different. The only activity which can be said to remotely follow a schedule has been their periodic  price adjustments....which seem to occurred every 1-2 months. That, by the way, is what is currently taking place. Over the past couple days, Hertz has done price adjusts on 41 of the 47 cars.  And if past pricing adjustment timelines are any indication, the process typically takes 24-48 hours (depending upon how many cars are involved). Bottom line seems to be...when the cars were selling, there was activity...cars being added to replace those sold. If the cars were NOT moving, the site was inactive, for days at a time.   Hope I've helped clear it up.  

Lastly, I'm curious about a point you made in the previous reply posted a few hours ago. If I'm understanding you correctly, you said there were only 45 cars listed on the Hertz site. Am I understanding correctly?? ...the same 47 cars have been continuously listed since Monday.  I'm confused that 2 folks can look at the same site yet apparently see something different.

47 minutes ago, HERTZ II said:

I guess I'm not being clear and for that I apologize. Let me try again.......

Most of what you've said is spot on. Yes, I agree, there are many things that affect a search. My intent was simply to point out the misleading GT listing. Make no mistake, I'm not disputing your observations. All I'm trying to point out is that what you've seen in the last 24-36 hours is NOT routine or regular adjustments to the site by Hertz. I've been camped on the Hertz site for over a year...ever since they listed the first GTH for sale. I visit that site a least one a day, 7 days a week. Now, while I can't comment on  the Hertz IT department or whether their inventory management system is stone age or state of the art, it really doesn't concern me. The only interest I have is the info on the screen when I sign on their site. Given my frequency of visits to the Hertz site, I can say with absolute certainty there is no evidence of regular, routine updating (I'm speaking about only GTHs) whether it's done "live" or by manual input.  I have seen things change sometimes as frequently as 2 and 3 times in one day and the flip side is as common. I've seen 3, 4 and 5 days roll by with nothing different. The only activity which can be said to remotely follow a schedule has been their periodic  price adjustments....which seem to occurred every 1-2 months. That, by the way, is what is currently taking place. Over the past couple days, Hertz has done price adjusts on 41 of the 47 cars.  And if past pricing adjustment timelines are any indication, the process typically takes 24-48 hours (depending upon how many cars are involved). Bottom line seems to be...when the cars were selling, there was activity...cars being added to replace those sold. If the cars were NOT moving, the site was inactive, for days at a time.   Hope I've helped clear it up.  

Lastly, I'm curious about a point you made in the previous reply posted a few hours ago. If I'm understanding you correctly, you said there were only 45 cars listed on the Hertz site. Am I understanding correctly?? ...the same 47 cars have been continuously listed since Monday.  I'm confused that 2 folks can look at the same site yet apparently see something different.

Like I said, there are a number of factors that can affect a search. For me the other day only about 2 dozen showed up. That was my search and at that time it was what was on my screen and was accurate for that search. That search could have been due to an update going on, the site receiving maintenance, an auto refresh going on, a power outage or whatever. Then a couple 3 hours later you see 47. This morning I saw 45. This afternoon I saw 45 again and the number for sale at $44,900 has dropped from 34 to 33. There are probably dozens if not thousands of people at any time feeding or updating the Hertz system. I am not saying you are right or I am right. I am just saying at any given time there are variables that are going to affect individual searches whether you are on there every day or once a week or once per month. . You can also search for the GTH’s in a number of different ways. You can search through “hertzcarsforsale.com” or you can search regionally, or you can search off the Hertz Shelby GTH advertisement, or you can click the Hertz site and click “learn more” and that also takes you to a search. I don’t obsessively search the Hertz site for GTH’s but I am there often to rent and I pop over and check from time to time the GTH’s for rent or sale. The point I was making in my original post was that there was another price drop and there were/are several cars were available at $44,900. Whether you check every day or once a week doesn’t mean your information is any more accurate than someone elses. And it really doesn’t matter much whether a dozen or 2 dozen are available at a certain price. The fact is these cars are not selling well and are continuing to depreciate in price. No argument here, just sayin I posted what came up when I did my search and we are both posting what we find and for that point in time it is what it is.

For clarification, Here were my steps

Entered hertzcarsales.com, clicked on Shelby advertisement in second pane at right of screen, then clicked “learn more”, then clicked “view Shelby inventory”. That showed 47 vehicles, 45 were shelby GTH, 33 listed at $44,900, 2 regluar mustang GTs were included in the 47 mustangs.

2 minutes later I did this , skip the “view Shelby inventory” at the top of the page as mentioned above and scroll down and then click the ”click to view available inventory” text then only 41 vehicles show up, 39 are shelbys and only 31 are listed at $44,900

So yeah it’s a bit weird how the site operates.

16 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Like I said, there are a number of factors that can affect a search. For me the other day only about 2 dozen showed up. That was my search and at that time it was what was on my screen and was accurate for that search. That search could have been due to an update going on, the site receiving maintenance, an auto refresh going on, a power outage or whatever. Then a couple 3 hours later you see 47. This morning I saw 45. This afternoon I saw 45 again and the number for sale at $44,900 has dropped from 34 to 33. There are probably dozens if not thousands of people at any time feeding or updating the Hertz system. I am not saying you are right or I am right. I am just saying at any given time there are variables that are going to affect individual searches whether you are on there every day or once a week or once per month. . You can also search for the GTH’s in a number of different ways. You can search through “hertzcarsforsale.com” or you can search regionally, or you can search off the Hertz Shelby GTH advertisement, or you can click the Hertz site and click “learn more” and that also takes you to a search. I don’t obsessively search the Hertz site for GTH’s but I am there often to rent and I pop over and check from time to time the GTH’s for rent or sale. The point I was making in my original post was that there was another price drop and there were/are several cars were available at $44,900. Whether you check every day or once a week doesn’t mean your information is any more accurate than someone elses. And it really doesn’t matter much whether a dozen or 2 dozen are available at a certain price. The fact is these cars are not selling well and are continuing to depreciate in price. No argument here, just sayin I posted what came up when I did my search and we are both posting what we find and for that point in time it is what it is.

For clarification, Here were my steps

Entered hertzcarsales.com, clicked on Shelby advertisement in second pane at right of screen, then clicked “learn more”, then clicked “view Shelby inventory”. That showed 47 vehicles, 45 were shelby GTH, 33 listed at $44,900, 2 regluar mustang GTs were included in the 47 mustangs.

2 minutes later I did this , skip the “view Shelby inventory” at the top of the page as mentioned above and scroll down and then click the ”click to view available inventory” text then only 41 vehicles show up, 39 are shelbys and only 31 are listed at $44,900

So yeah it’s a bit weird how the site operates.

I think we've beat this into submission. Hard as I try, I can't wrap my head around the fact that 2 folks, logging into the same  site, could see such wildly different results. In an effort to better understand what could be going on with the Hertz site, I followed your lead from above. Over a span of about 15 minutes, I logged into the site  4 times, each time using a different path to hopefully arrive at the final destination of the list of GTHs for sale. I could not replicate your results. My efforts got me to the same page each time. .........

a total of 47 cars for sale......39 listed as GTHs........8 listed as GTs..........34 listed @ $44900, the remaining 13 at various other dollars. 

It's confusing to say the least. But I think you said it best up above............."it is what it is".

Its all good, have a nice day.

I still think these cars wont sell well until they hit a $37k to $39k price point and if Hertz keeps futzing around they will be at that point in 4 to six months.

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Its all good, have a nice day.

I still think these cars wont sell well until they hit a $37k to $39k price point and if Hertz keeps futzing around they will be at that point in 4 to six months.

I said $40’s but that was a year or so ago, I tend to agree with you, a New GT with the Power Package and superior transmission is a MUCH better performance value.  I get the New transmission is having some growing pains, but it won’t take long for them to get through that.

Funny when they first hit the market I bet they could’ve got $50-60K for ALL of them if they weren’t so greedy.

Edited by carnut12

Just sayin. They are out for sale but actually going fast IMO. Pretty soon all the talk will subside and all will be owned and everyone waiting, could be waiting longer and paying more.   There aren’t many so once all owned the market to get one will be different than the 06/07 based on less ever made.  The exec supercharged seem to be mostly solid with current owners so get any while they last at a price you are comfortable with.  But IMO once they are gone, they will be sought after. 

Hertz has been advertising batches of these GTH's for sale for almost a year now. The cars are moving slow, otherwise they would be raising the price instead of dropping the price incrementally over the past year. They won't start moving "fast" until they hit a price point that the majority of buyers perceive a value. As to whether they will be "sought after" remains to be seen, rarity doesn't always translate in to desireabilty. 

My opinion these cars are awesome. They will be sought after in the future. Most of the ones left have high mileage and some kind of accident/damage. With only being 171 and the 50th anniversary if you want one you better buy. My opinion 

9 hours ago, jnhrvy said:

Just sayin. They are out for sale but actually going fast IMO. Pretty soon all the talk will subside and all will be owned and everyone waiting, could be waiting longer and paying more.   There aren’t many so once all owned the market to get one will be different than the 06/07 based on less ever made.  The exec supercharged seem to be mostly solid with current owners so get any while they last at a price you are comfortable with.  But IMO once they are gone, they will be sought after. 

I agree with when it comes to the Executive ones, those are a whole different car IMO, I do not think you can compare the 2 of them.  First they are a manual and just as important they are Supercharged, those I think will hold value really well, probably go up in value if not driven (But that is not fun).  The regular Rentals have been for sale for almost 2 years, selling fast to me means 171 cars should sell in a month.  Cars with demand and limited to 171 sell out in hours or at least each one sells within hours of being offered for sale.  I love the look and they are great cars, but Hertz blew this one big time.

I also love my 2016 GT-H. Rarity may not always translate to desirability, but from my experience, it usually does. Black and Gold only means 1 thing, the combination of the three, not just auto manufacturer and SA. That in of itself sets these cars apart, there just are not that many of them. It is a piece of a 50 year history. For those that debate about the upcoming "better" offerings with more HP etc in the main SA line, I don't think you understand what the current Hertz owners see in these cars. You should probably go buy that other one. These cars are a piece of history, frozen in time. I don't have to worry about the 2018-2019 GT500's or any other, better, offering that is around the corner. I read that most of the 2016 GT-H owners are 60+. I guess that makes sense since I am in that group, first seeing a 1966 GT350H in high school. That was something special then and it remains that way to me now.

I think it is an awesome car! Just my personal 3 cents worth. And it is a Shelby! brent 

Edited by blz57

58 minutes ago, blz57 said:

I also love my 2016 GT-H. Rarity may not always translate to desirability, but from my experience, it usually does. Black and Gold only means 1 thing, the combination of the three, not just auto manufacturer and SA. That in of itself sets these cars apart. there just are not that many of them. It is a piece of a 50 history. For those that debate about the upcoming "better" offerings with more HP etc in the main SA line, I don't think you understand what the current Hertz owners see in these cars. You should probably go buy that other one. These cars are a piece of history, frozen in time. I don't have to worry about the 2018-2019 GT500's or any other, better, offering that is around the corner. I read that most of the 2016 GT-H owners are 60+. I guess that makes sense since I am in that group, first seeing a 1966 GT350H in high school. That was something special then and it remains that way to me now.

I think it is an awesome car! Just my personal 3 cents worth. And it is a Shelby! brent 

I agree and I'm 50 years old. Love the Hertz Shelby's 

We appreciate 'bling', love the unique aspect of the commemorative GT-H. For us it was a matter of pulling the trigger when we felt the price was appropriate. We do not have the expectation for the value to follow a Ford GT, only that we won't need to trailer it to an event. We do expect to field big interest and questions every time we take her out, as today, three times, three stops, one hour drive.

I also do not expect big respect from the owners of original Shelbys, but maybe we can hang out, haha.

20 hours ago, jnhrvy said:

Keep beating that drum.  They are selling at a snails pace.  I tracked the sales of these cars for the past year and Hertz was selling an average of 2 per month.  You are a Hertz executive and you have to promote your brand.  We understand.

The fact of the matter is Hertz initially put these used rental cars on the market at $150 thousand freaking dollars to see if there were any suckers waiting in the wings.  After several months Hertz corporate dropped them to the "bargain"  price of $110 thousand dollars to see if there were any other fish in the pond that might bite.   It was insulting to say the least.  Hertz did sell a few in the $70 to $80k range so they figured they had found gold.

What you, jnhrvy , and the other executives don't understand is that you had a loyal group of enthusiast who were more than willing to buy one of these cars if they were priced at a reasonable price.  Instead you insulted some of your potential buys with your ridiculous $150 thousand initial asking price. 

So feel free to continue to tell us how fast they are selling...... they are not.  Feel free and continue to tell us that we should get in now or were gonna pay more if we wait...... I seriously doubt it.  If you think these cars are going up in price I believe you are dreaming.  The only Ford car to go up in price in the past 20 years is the 05/06 Ford GT. 

I've got an 07 executive stick and I have no illusions about my car going up in price.  I own it because it's fun to drive. and I love the Shelby brand and history.   I'm not going to make a single cent off my "rare and valuable, 1 of 17 executive cars". There are now almost 70 thousand new Shelby's on the road since 2006.  The 2016 GT-H is a cool car, I rented it twice and took one to SAAC in Mid Ohio to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 66 GT350H.   I was among 20 other 1966 GT350H cars so I am well aware how special these cars are.

Do you really think this car is going anywhere soon at $44,900 with 34,000 mile on it?  I think not.

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/vehicle-details/2016-Ford-Mustang-Norwalk-15085720

Hertz is gonna sit on these cars for years.

QSS

10 hours ago, carnut12 said:

I agree with when it comes to the Executive ones, those are a whole different car IMO, I do not think you can compare the 2 of them.  First they are a manual and just as important they are Supercharged, those I think will hold value really well, probably go up in value if not driven (But that is not fun).  The regular Rentals have been for sale for almost 2 years, selling fast to me means 171 cars should sell in a month.  Cars with demand and limited to 171 sell out in hours or at least each one sells within hours of being offered for sale.  I love the look and they are great cars, but Hertz blew this one big time.

You've nailed it right on the head carnut12!!!

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

QSS- I made a comment with a IMO attached. Nothing based on any inside knowledge and definitely not trying to promote the brand here in this site. I am a 2016 GTH owner and TS member and that’s all. I love my car and drive it. I don’t keep track how many are selling buy there are several owners on this site of these cars and teamshelby members so I do know there are buyers out there. I know you are bitter at the price, and that you didn’t get an exec car and want the prices to go down so you can buy one (admitted in many of your posts) and that’s fine but please don’t accuse me of having an agenda in my post. I really don’t appreciate your approach calling me out as having an alternative agenda (promote hertz) for my comment. I never said anything about making a profit and to me the value of a car is in the eye of the beholder. I am usually reluctant to post because of this exact reason. And by the way, I didn’t personally set any of the prices nor try to insult anyone as you say in your post. I actually tried to help you out if you recall. 

8 hours ago, jnhrvy said:

QSS- I made a comment with a IMO attached. Nothing based on any inside knowledge and definitely not trying to promote the brand here in this site. I am a 2016 GTH owner and TS member and that’s all. I love my car and drive it. I don’t keep track how many are selling buy there are several owners on this site of these cars and teamshelby members so I do know there are buyers out there. I know you are bitter at the price, and that you didn’t get an exec car and want the prices to go down so you can buy one (admitted in many of your posts) and that’s fine but please don’t accuse me of having an agenda in my post. I really don’t appreciate your approach calling me out as having an alternative agenda (promote hertz) for my comment. I never said anything about making a profit and to me the value of a car is in the eye of the beholder. I am usually reluctant to post because of this exact reason. And by the way, I didn’t personally set any of the prices nor try to insult anyone as you say in your post. I actually tried to help you out if you recall. 

Well said.  You have not been anything but helpful. I do not understand all of the negative comments  other than maybe jealous. I bought a 2016 Shelby GT H because that's what I wanted not for future gains.  The Hertz Shelby's are what I like not a money market account.  Enjoy life.

Edited by phyllis

I bought mine in Nov 2016. Using the list on this site, for Nov-Feb sales, 27 units have been sold, yielding an average of 6.75 units sold per month. If I had included the 14 sold in October (prior to my purchase) that would bump it up to over 8. So I think the 2-3 per month stated earlier is not representative of the current run rate, which may have included the time when prices were much higher and units did not move. About 80 units appear to have been sold, leaving 91 remaining. Using 7 per month, that gives us 13 months of inventory - not taking into account that some were totaled, some were wrecked and repaired  and pricing has been coming down. I think within a year, they will be gone.

For those of us that have made the BIG financial decision to purchase these cars, and LOVE them, I will say for the 2016 GT-H group that I take offense from other Shelby member's posts that imply stupidity for us purchasing a car that in YOUR opinion only has a value in the $35K range +/- . I think you need to show a bit more respect than bashing the topic over and over. Enjoy what you have and have fun. Brent

I have to jump in here. I bought my 2016 GTH in Oct. 2017 and paid what I still feel was a fair price. I love my GT-H and it is a blast to drive. When I came out of the Army in 1966 the Shelby Hertz was the car I wanted; couldn't afford one, bought a sedan and got married. I've wanted one for 50 years and still can't afford a 1966. When the 2006 and 2007's came out, another great milestone for the Shelby Hertz cars. Now I'm retired- yes one of the Old Guys and when the 2016 50th Aniv. cars came out I decided This Is Time. My son loves the car and someday it will be his. I am really surprised at all the negativity from members , many who don't even own the car -who are bemoaning prices and treating this car like it is just an investment to buy low - or you are a fool. I say, these cars will sell, the world will turn and stop your mean spirited attacks and bellyaching. I'm Lovin' Life and my 2016 GT-H..

10 minutes ago, cobraguy69 said:

I have to jump in here. I bought my 2016 GTH in Oct. 2017 and paid what I still feel was a fair price. I love my GT-H and it is a blast to drive. When I came out of the Army in 1966 the Shelby Hertz was the car I wanted; couldn't afford one, bought a sedan and got married. I've wanted one for 50 years and still can't afford a 1966. When the 2006 and 2007's came out, another great milestone for the Shelby Hertz cars. Now I'm retired- yes one of the Old Guys and when the 2016 50th Aniv. cars came out I decided This Is Time. My son loves the car and someday it will be his. I am really surprised at all the negativity from members , many who don't even own the car -who are bemoaning prices and treating this car like it is just an investment to buy low - or you are a fool. I say, these cars will sell, the world will turn and stop your mean spirited attacks and bellyaching. I'm Lovin' Life and my 2016 GT-H..

Cobraguy69 - I felt I needed to say what was felt but not said, so I took the plunge. My car will pass to my son as well! I let him drive it for a week and he loves it too! He has a 2008 Mustang GT - has his sights set higher for the future. He is just out of college and getting started in the work force. I echo everything you said. Brent

16 hours ago, phyllis said:

Well said.  You have not been anything but helpful. I do not understand all of the negative comments  other than maybe jealous. I bought a 2016 Shelby GT H because that's what I wanted not for future gains.  The Hertz Shelby's are what I like not a money market account.  Enjoy life.

Ditto.

• 1 month later...

yet another price drop folks...........Hertz's site now has about 48 each 2016 GTH's with about half of them dropped to $42,500. 

Edited by mhr1961
edited for spelling

8 hours ago, carnut12 said:

Wow I thought at this price they would be gone rather quickly, they may end up going lower then $40K before they all finally sell.

Some thought that, but the way it has dragged out and with them taking over a year to get the price even remotely reasonable and  combined with the release of 17/18 models people have moved on. I still think $37 to 39k at this point is where to be in order to move them off the lots at a decent pace. If they don’t sell a significant amount of cars at $42.5k in the next month or two then a $37 to 39k tag  is where they are going to end up at by mid-summer anyway.

Edited by mhr1961

9 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Some thought that, but the way it has dragged out and with them taking over a year to get the price even remotely reasonable and  combined with the release of 17/18 models people have moved on. 

Correct.  Some people have moved on.

QSS