TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

There's 32 for sale on the Hertzcarsforsale.com site and another 4 on ebay and 3 of the 6 spd executive manuals for sale in Florida so that makes 39 cars for sale that I know of. :shrug:

QSS

Hello QSS

Need your help.........could you tell me where the 3 Exec M/T cars are listed for sale? I'm aware of the 33 (not 32) on the Hertz website and the 4 on Ebay, but haven't seen any of the M/T cars being offered in quite some time.

Hello QSS

Need your help.........could you tell me where the 3 Exec M/T cars are listed for sale? I'm aware of the 33 (not 32) on the Hertz website and the 4 on Ebay, but haven't seen any of the M/T cars being offered in quite some time.

I tried to find the exec/SC units for sale as well with no luck. Any chance you could provide links?

Sorry about that. The executive manual transmission cars are not listed for sale publicly. I have the names and phone numbers of the owners who have them for sale. I've spoken to at least 6 or 7 of the executive's who own the hallowed 6spd supercharged GT-H's including Udo from Austria. Udo is a Hertz franchise owner from Austria who has an 06, 07 and one of the 16 MT super charged 6spds.

Anyway, I just lumped the executives cars in with the other Hertzcarsforsale.com along with the ebay cars. I'm trying to illustrate to the sellers that there are allot of these cars for sale and maybe they should consider dropping their asking price by a bunch so fans such as myself can buy one.

It's really all about me in the end :lol:

QSS

I'm sure anything is for sale at the right price if offered, but a long shot from "3 for sale in Florida". Just sayin. Maybe I take exception as one of those execs but since it's my car and my investment I want to make sure the "for sale" number isn't misrepresented. I am pretty familiar with all the execs as well.

I'm sure anything is for sale at the right price if offered, but a long shot from "3 for sale in Florida". Just sayin. Maybe I take exception as one of those execs but since it's my car and my investment I want to make sure the "for sale" number isn't misrepresented. I am pretty familiar with all the execs as well.

I wasn't trying to imply that the "3 for sale in Florida" are available to the public. I know they are for sale at the right price as I have been offer an exec car for $150k several times and I coooooonstantly whine about that fact. I was just bragging that I happened to know of 3 that I could buy out of Florida in addition to the other 36 that are for sale online. I'm trying to reduce the expectations of the sellers by illustrating that there are currently 39 of the 180 produced (21.67% of production) for sale in hopes that I can possibly buy one of these cars at what I consider a reasonable price. A typical tactic used buy a potential buyer of said item vs a seller of same item. That was one of the main reasons for starting this thread, to reduced the expectations of GT-H sellers. As I've stated before, it's all about me :lol:

I really love the 2016 GT-H, having rented one out of Chicago and one out of Las Vegas and I had a ball with the car. I'd really like to add one to my garage next to my 07 stick, preferably one of the executive cars. We shall see where these cars finally land in terms of price but for now it's wait and see. There are 39 for sale, 2017 is over half over and these cars will be two years old in a couple of months. They'll probably wind up at the wreckers soon so I'm just trying to help out the sellers preserve whatever equity they have left in their 2016 GT-H cars before they are cast aside for the next big thing (insert sarcasm emoji here) ;) .

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

• 4 weeks later...

The longer they wait to lower prices the less they will be worth. Soon the 2018 with the 10 speed auto will be out, I would take that all day long over the current automatic.

The manuals are a different story, but they are still way over priced.

I agree with everything you say. Hertz should get a little more realistic and drop their prices cause potential customers like me are getting impatient and I'm seriously looking at something else to add to the stable. I may go another direction and revisit the 16 GT-H in a few years.

I've pretty much given up on getting a 6spd at a reasonable price. I don't think that's gonna happen. When I bought my 07 stick it was in mid 2008 and although it was somewhat pricey it wasn't nuts.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic and I just need to belly up to the bar :surrender: .

QSS

I agree with everything you say. Hertz should get a little more realistic and drop their prices cause potential customers like me are getting impatient and I'm seriously looking at something else to add to the stable. I may go another direction and revisit the 16 GT-H in a few years.

I've pretty much given up on getting a 6spd at a reasonable price. I don't think that's gonna happen. When I bought my 07 stick it was in mid 2008 and although it was somewhat pricey it wasn't nuts.

Maybe I'm just being unrealistic and I just need to belly up to the bar :surrender: .

QSS

Well, you know those 6 speed manual executive cars will always be higher priced and more "desirable"..... not to mention they won't have any 1/4 mile rental miles on them..... :)

• 1 month later...

September 4th update:

I've been tracking the 2016 GT-H's for sale on the Hertzcarsales.com site and here's what I have observed in the past several months. There were 34 cars for sale on hetzcarsales.com and another 4 for sale on ebay along with 4 or 5 of the executive cars for sale privately as of mid June. This was the start of what I would call prime time summer driving/sales season.

Since mid June, 2 of the ebay cars are no longer advertised. Of the 34 cars that were for sale at hertzcarsales.com, 2 of them sold in July and 2 of them sold in August. So far in September nothing has sold. I'm not sure what's happened to the executive cars that were for sale but due to exuberant pricing, I've kinda lost interest in tracking those. So, as kids head back to school and summer starts to wind down it appears that there have been a total of 4 cars sold through hertzcarsales.com and possible two others via ebay since June 15th.

Keep in mind that Hertz is still renting cars via hertz.com in addition to the 30 they have for sale on line. I have no idea how many cars are left in the rental fleet in addition to the 30 for sale but if I were to hazard a guess I would think there are another 100 to 105 cars still in the rental fleet. I'm guessing Hertz/ebay might have sold 20 to 25 cars in the beginning at their inflated prices to those who just couldn't wait to get one.

What's different this go around in comparison to the 06 and 07 Hertz cars that were for sale is this:

- Prior to 2006 the last Shelby Fords built were sold in 1970 and Shelby hadn't worked with Ford for 36 years.

- When the 06 and 07 Hertz cars went for sale there were very few new Shelby's available for purchase and competition to buy a new Shelby was fierce.

- Fast forward to 2017 and there has been approximately 70,000 Shelby's built over the past 10 years. 70 FREAKIN THOUSAND!!!! Anybody who wanted a Shelby has gotten one, or two, or three.

- The customer base who is interested in buying these cars are now ten years older in comparison to when they bought a 06 or 07 GT-H. The majority of that customer base is certainly older than 60 and may be thinking about other ways to spend their retirement funds.

In summary: I figure Hertz is still going to have to sell around 130 cars to clear out of their GT-H inventory. I'm not too sure what the strategy is but the 2016 driving season is nearly over for the majority of enthusiasts and 2018 is only 4 months away. Hertz has sold 4 cars in 2 1/2 months at their current price range of $50,000 to $59,900 (average price is $55,000) so it's pretty obvious that their current pricing is way too high. I figure at least $15,000 too high. They need to get the Charlotte NC car that had an accident to around $35,000, the CA and TN cars with 9k miles around $45,000 with everything else in between. This pricing might get some of the current inventory moving. Don't forget, Hertz still has a bunch of other cars with higher millage coming for sale when they are done their duty in the rental fleet.

Looks like Hertz is going to head into 2018 with allot of 2 year old expensive cars for sale. Hertz better hope Ford doesn't announce anything like a new GT500. That would create additional competition for them in an already competitive and heavily saturated Shelby market.

QSS

I think you have read the market exactly right...... it was tulip mania in those early years and Ford and Shelby cashed in (something like 10K 2007 GT500s if I recall correctly?) 70 thousand Shelby's is an irrefutable fact. As time goes on, there is less and less relevance to a post title or a pre title car and the current generation has little interest in the 'rent a racer' story because they didn't live it, nor did their parents. There won't be another generation like ours (and I am admittedly on the younger edge of it) that 'always wanted a Shelby GT-350H that will drive the values above a lightly modified but thoroughly rented Ford Mustang GT. I love my 06 and 07 GT-Hs for the live rear axle, retro looks and remembering the excitement when it was first announced Shelby and Ford were teaming up again. That was an awesome time when muscle and pony cars were being reborn. They are the closest I will ever get to a real 66 but my kids and their friends don't get it at all. It was people like you and I and those on this dwindling forum that rented them for $300/day who probably could have been caught up in the moment and spent $45-$55K on a car but the original asking price killed the demand and time is their worst enemy now. I imagine as they continue to sink lower everyone who still wants one is looking for the bottom.

It is well documented the current generation of young people really don't care about cars the way we do and the long-term prospects for car appreciation is not good (which is probably good for those of us who just like to own them to drive them and leave our investing in the stock market). Own one because you like it - it will never be worth more than you pay for it.

The majority of that customer base is certainly older than 60 and may be thinking about other ways to spend their retirement funds.

QSS

I don't think the problem is that people in their 60's are the only ones that want one. Like you said there are 70,000 Shelbys out there. You can buy a much better car for what they are asking. A new 2014 GT350 or a low mile 2014 GT500. If they get down to the mid 30's I would buy one because I only buy cars if I feel like am getting a deal...... so yeah lower 40's and they will probably sell.

• 2 weeks later...

September 4th update:

I've been tracking the 2016 GT-H's for sale on the Hertzcarsales.com site and here's what I have observed in the past several months. There were 34 cars for sale on hetzcarsales.com and another 4 for sale on ebay along with 4 or 5 of the executive cars for sale privately as of mid June. This was the start of what I would call prime time summer driving/sales season.

Since mid June, 2 of the ebay cars are no longer advertised. Of the 34 cars that were for sale at hertzcarsales.com, 2 of them sold in July and 2 of them sold in August. So far in September nothing has sold. I'm not sure what's happened to the executive cars that were for sale but due to exuberant pricing, I've kinda lost interest in tracking those. So, as kids head back to school and summer starts to wind down it appears that there have been a total of 4 cars sold through hertzcarsales.com and possible two others via ebay since June 15th.

Keep in mind that Hertz is still renting cars via hertz.com in addition to the 30 they have for sale on line. I have no idea how many cars are left in the rental fleet in addition to the 30 for sale but if I were to hazard a guess I would think there are another 100 to 105 cars still in the rental fleet. I'm guessing Hertz/ebay might have sold 20 to 25 cars in the beginning at their inflated prices to those who just couldn't wait to get one.

What's different this go around in comparison to the 06 and 07 Hertz cars that were for sale is this:

- Prior to 2006 the last Shelby Fords built were sold in 1970 and Shelby hadn't worked with Ford for 36 years.

- When the 06 and 07 Hertz cars went for sale there were very few new Shelby's available for purchase and competition to buy a new Shelby was fierce.

- Fast forward to 2017 and there has been approximately 70,000 Shelby's built over the past 10 years. 70 FREAKIN THOUSAND!!!! Anybody who wanted a Shelby has gotten one, or two, or three.

- The customer base who is interested in buying these cars are now ten years older in comparison to when they bought a 06 or 07 GT-H. The majority of that customer base is certainly older than 60 and may be thinking about other ways to spend their retirement funds.

In summary: I figure Hertz is still going to have to sell around 130 cars to clear out of their GT-H inventory. I'm not too sure what the strategy is but the 2016 driving season is nearly over for the majority of enthusiasts and 2018 is only 4 months away. Hertz has sold 4 cars in 2 1/2 months at their current price range of $50,000 to $59,900 (average price is $55,000) so it's pretty obvious that their current pricing is way too high. I figure at least $15,000 too high. They need to get the Charlotte NC car that had an accident to around $35,000, the CA and TN cars with 9k miles around $45,000 with everything else in between. This pricing might get some of the current inventory moving. Don't forget, Hertz still has a bunch of other cars with higher millage coming for sale when they are done their duty in the rental fleet.

Looks like Hertz is going to head into 2018 with allot of 2 year old expensive cars for sale. Hertz better hope Ford doesn't announce anything like a new GT500. That would create additional competition for them in an already competitive and heavily saturated Shelby market.

QSS

Hello QSS, wanted to send you pmm but it´s not possible. Tried it now through your Company.

Best regards

Udo

• 2 weeks later...

70,000 Shelbys holy crap. Still like my 07SGT0016. Maybe Im an old timer but I like the 06 and 07 Shelbys for what they were back then. A year from now those 2016 GT H models will be much lower in price. Id wait if I wanted one . Remember the 06 was the first Ford / Shelby in over 37 years. Plus not many on the road.

I owned a 06 SGT -H. The dealer I bought it from paid $60K @ a ford auction. Got it for $31K back in 2012. Sold it for a little more. They seem to have leveled off if the mileage is under 15K. These cars hold a special meaning to most Shelby fans. I know to me the 16 Shelby hertz cars don't excite me like the 06 did. However Ive got to have a manual in a 06 SGT-H...07 SGT.

Edited by mach 1 1970

• 3 months later...

As of 1/17. $46900 are the asking price from hertz. The Shelby GT500 was just announced so maybe we will reach 100,000 Shelby’s in a few years. The median age for Shelby buyers is 40/45. Us older guys like them but so does the 40/45 crowd. There is room and desire for more Shelby’s. Still think people will appreciate the cars coming from Shelby headquarters a little more as time goes by. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

I like the cars, but at $46K+++ it is a loser depreciation wise immediately of at least $5K. No one is buying these cars, right now, they'll have to drop into the mid $30k's++for them to start selling. I think I want one. I do not want 2 Shelby's in my already over loaded garage, so the gt/sc has to go. I may kick myself in the butt but since I've had both gt/sc's , black and white, one with a Whipple and the one now with a Paxton, I've had my fun. Now it is time to pass it along to someone who'll show it and drive it,  2000 miles on it.

Edited by SWEDEMAN
grammar

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 2016 GTH Package invoice??

Need some help!!! Can anyone provide a picture of there Shelby GTH invoice that shows the upgrades, package and prices. Bank is asking me for that info to process the loan value of the car since it currently books out as a Premium GT. I know Hertz provides that once ownership is obtained but I’m not quite there yet with bank. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Guest 2016 GTH Package invoice?? said:

Need some help!!! Can anyone provide a picture of there Shelby GTH invoice that shows the upgrades, package and prices. Bank is asking me for that info to process the loan value of the car since it currently books out as a Premium GT. I know Hertz provides that once ownership is obtained but I’m not quite there yet with bank. Thanks! 

Hello Guest

FWIW………It sounds as though you are at some stage of negotiations. The 4 page Shelby invoice you’re inquiring about does not have item pricing……only a total $ value. But those documents are all “car specific” and I would think the  bank would require information specific to the car the loan was being applied for rather than a list off the internet referring to a similar car. Additionally, there is some degree of confusion as to whether a particular item was installed on all, some or none of the automatic transmission GT-Hs. This uncertainty is another reason to provide the bank with information relating to your specific car of interest.      

If you are looking at one of the cars currently offered by a private dealership, many of their ads state they have their car's Shelby invoice so they could supply you with exactly what you need……specific to the car you’re interested in.

If you are looking at one of the cars offered at a Hertz store, in all likelihood they will NOT have the actual Shelby invoice but could certainly provide you, on a Hertz letterhead document, a list of the components installed by Shelby…….and again, they (Hertz), should make it specific to the car you are interested in purchasing.       

Best of luck on this journey………hopefully you’ll be back to finish the story with photos of your new ride.   

• 1 month later...

over 2 dozen 2016 GTH's available on the Hertz site now. Price has been dropped to $44,900 on about a dozen of them.......

Edited by mhr1961
edited for spelling