TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TOTAL REMAINING GT500's as of 6/30/07

Well you should be able to reduce the red coupes by 1 for Georgia by the end of the week, financing went through and yes I did pay an adm. I now have a black convert and a red coupe so I am set. They can build what they want for numbers (although I still would kind of like to be a little exclusive) I bought them because after driving my convert the Gt500's are the best new car I have ever owned. I had to finance this one because the guy buying my Hemi Roadrunner is trying to get up the rest of the money. Thats the second Hemi car I have sold, I bought the convertible and a truck with the money from the first one but still have 2 left after the Roadrunner goes. They still will not deal "much" here in Wisconsin and most dealers are a little rude so thats why I didn't wait for an 08 and bought another 07.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of today 7/13/07

1,056 2007 GT500's remaining.

Two days ago there was 1,127

So 71 sold in the last two days.

At this rate with an average of 35 sold per day nationwide, then it would only take 30 days to sell off all the remaining 2007 GT500's.

By the end of August they should all be gone if not sooner. It will be interesting to see how many are left by then, if any at all.

ShelbyDude:

I am a little confused. On June 30, 2007, you stated that there were 1,188 in transit or sitting on the lots. I would have assumed that included in that number was basically the final 2007 production run(maybe a bad assumption). You stated that two days ago (7/11/07) that number was 1,127. That would mean that in 11 days only 61 cars were sold (if the 1,188 included the final run).

I would hypothesize that the 0% financing has caused a strong initial run on these remaining cars. For those adverse to paying ADM's it could be just enough to negotiate a reasonable ADM and pull the trigger. If you finance a GT500 at 5.9% over 3 years, you pay $5K+ in interest over that period. Well...that to me is an even trade off for a $5K ADM. I am sure other potential buyers are making the same value analysis. I am going to wait for the 2008's with the HID's.

Tom

ShelbyDude:

I am a little confused. On June 30, 2007, you stated that there were 1,188 in transit or sitting on the lots. I would have assumed that included in that number was basically the final 2007 production run(maybe a bad assumption). You stated that two days ago (7/11/07) that number was 1,127. That would mean that in 11 days only 61 cars were sold (if the 1,188 included the final run).

I would hypothesize that the 0% financing has caused a strong initial run on these remaining cars. For those adverse to paying ADM's it could be just enough to negotiate a reasonable ADM and pull the trigger. If you finance a GT500 at 5.9% over 3 years, you pay $5K+ in interest over that period. Well...that to me is an even trade off for a $5K ADM. I am sure other potential buyers are making the same value analysis. I am going to wait for the 2008's with the HID's.

Tom

Can't say if that number was the final run or not. Depends on when Ford finishes putting all the cars into the locator. Some may not appear in the locator until after it is released from the plant. Some have arrived at dealerships where they still were not in the locator. So I can only by what the actual number is showing up at that given time.

I would only ASSUME that by now all of any remaining 07's would have been added to the locator now and it is just matter of counting them down as they are sold.

I counted them each day over the past two days and there are 71 less cars showing over the past two days.

The 0% has also been extended through Oct. 1st according to Ford's system.

0% for tier 0 - 1 credit. 0.90% for tier 2 credit. 1.9% for tier 3 credit and 2.9% for tier 4 - 5 credit. All at 36 months only. No other incentives available nor apply on the GT500.

As of today 7/13/07

1,056 2007 GT500's remaining.

Two days ago there was 1,127

So 71 sold in the last two days.

At this rate with an average of 35 sold per day nationwide, then it would only take 30 days to sell off all the remaining 2007 GT500's.

By the end of August they should all be gone if not sooner. It will be interesting to see how many are left by then, if any at all.

I would imagine that since all cars are not yet at their respective dealerships, that is number is still in a state of flux. Some of the inbound cars are sold and will be punched as soon as they are delivered. It would be my guess that all cars would be to the dealers by the end of July. At that time it would interesting to see how the inventory changes from week to week.

good news about the 0% entended until oct. Could someone explain to me how i could take advantage of the rate knowing that since it's only for 3 years that the payment for me, 1500 or so would be a bit of a burden (I live in LA where my one bedroom apt in Santa Monica is 2grand so i gotta save money where I can.) Anyway, would it be dumb (sounds that way) to get this rate and then refinance it to make my payments lower right away or is that robbing peter to pay paul? Anyway to make 0% benificial to me. thanks

good news about the 0% entended until oct. Could someone explain to me how i could take advantage of the rate knowing that since it's only for 3 years that the payment for me, 1500 or so would be a bit of a burden (I live in LA where my one bedroom apt in Santa Monica is 2grand so i gotta save money where I can.) Anyway, would it be dumb (sounds that way) to get this rate and then refinance it to make my payments lower right away or is that robbing peter to pay paul? Anyway to make 0% benificial to me. thanks

If you would be looking to refinance right away by extending the term at some favorable interest rate to lower the payment then you might as well just finance it that way from the beginning.

If you financed $50K @ 0% for 36 months the payment would be $1,388.88

If you financed $50K @ 7% for 60 months the payment would be $992.95 (you would pay $9,577 in interest)

If you financed $50K @ 6% for 60 months the payment would be $969.06 (you would pay $8,143.60 in interest)

I know paying an extra $388 a month could be a big difference for a lot of people, but if there was anyway you could handle that I would take the 0% for 36 and get the car paid off in 36 months and save the $8,100 - $9,600 in interest. Plus you knock two years of the loan of paying the $992 or $969 month for additional 24 months.

ShelbyDude:

Thanks for the heads up on the extended financing. I was going to wait for the 2008's because I thought the financing would only last through 8/15. However, if I can close on a property that I am selling by Oct. 1, then I might just do the 0% financing on a 2007.

Tom

If you would be looking to refinance right away by extending the term at some favorable interest rate to lower the payment then you might as well just finance it that way from the beginning.

If you financed $50K @ 0% for 36 months the payment would be $1,388.88

If you financed $50K @ 7% for 60 months the payment would be $992.95 (you would pay $9,577 in interest)

If you financed $50K @ 6% for 60 months the payment would be $969.06 (you would pay $8,143.60 in interest)

Thanks SD.I know paying an extra $388 a month could be a big difference for a lot of people, but if there was anyway you could handle that I would take the 0% for 36 and get the car paid off in 36 months and save the $8,100 - $9,600 in interest. Plus you knock two years of the loan of paying the $992 or $969 month for additional 24 months.

That's what I kinda thought. I had some idea of taking advantage of the 0% for now since I qualify and then selling my 05gt taking the equity puting it down on the 500 and refinance. However, since the intrest is extended i'll just selll my GT asap buy later in the summer/fall as the 08s show up and perhap the adms fall to 5 if I'm lucky and/or if the 09 are announced the ADMs disappear altogather.

ShelbyDude, can you tell us how many were sold in each state? Say Georgia, I live on St. Simons Is. and there are at least 4 Coupes and 3 Verts. Approximately 20,000 residents, that sounds like a very high percentage. I know of two other people with GT500s that visit on a regular basis.

There were enough unsold 07s to force the manufacturer into what is essentially a $5,000 plus rebate. It looks like the car dealer mentality struck again. Give these short sighted goons a fabulous offering and they will find a way to monkey it up. Maybe Ford is attempting to mitigate their retailers gouging and prevent the embarassing mess they caused with the Terminators.

HUH????

$5,000 rebate on 07's???

How do you arrive at that? Are you using the 0% for 36 months to come up with this? If that were remotely true then they would be offering the $5K in lieu of the financing.

You can't even get $5K on a 07 V6 mustang. $1,500 rebate or 0% for 36 months.

There are not many people that can handle the payments on 36 months, even with 0%. So only the people with cash would take advantage of this by keeping their cash invested or sitting in a bank earning some interest.

I'm paying $61,595.34 for my Shelby GT500 $30,895 down and 0% interest for the balance for 36 months. I think I made a real good deal. I ordered the car April 12. The car arrived on June 15. I couldn't pick it up until the 28th. We signed the deal that day but the Interest wasn't available until the 29th, so we had to do it again.

There were enough unsold 07s to force the manufacturer into what is essentially a $5,000 plus rebate. It looks like the car dealer mentality struck again. Give these short sighted goons a fabulous offering and they will find a way to monkey it up. Maybe Ford is attempting to mitigate their retailers gouging and prevent the embarassing mess they caused with the Terminators.

And I thought my quotes were a waste of bandwidth.

HSURB

Finance $50,000 for 36 mos. @6% and pay $4,759 interest.

@6.5% $5,168 interest.

@7.0% $5,579 interest.

Tell me how this is not a 5 grand discount if you elect to take advantage of this program. Call it anything you like. This is 5 grand less anyway you slice it.

If that is the case I suspect you will be buying one now that can be had for $5K over since that would be the same as paying MSRP. Yes?

No? I thought so! LOL

It is $5K less in interest IF you elect to take that option. It does not affect the actual price you pay for the car.

That would be like saying I paid $50K but I really paid $55K because of the interest I paid over 5 years. You still only paid $50K for the car. You paid $5K for the use of the money borrowed to pay for the car.

If you paid cash you don't get $5K in discount!

Your theory you are using makes you sound like a car salesman trying to justify the ADM. LOL Want a job??? LOL

ShelbyDude, can you tell us how many were sold in each state? Say Georgia, I live on St. Simons Is. and there are at least 4 Coupes and 3 Verts. Approximately 20,000 residents, that sounds like a very high percentage. I know of two other people with GT500s that visit on a regular basis.

I have no way of knowing how many were sold. I can only tell how many are out there. Now that Ford is done building the 07 and that all of the last 07's built should be in the locator system where they have no more to add to it, that should tell me how many have been sold from that point on.

I don't even know how many were actually built yet. They have not offically released that information. It is suppose to be released sometime in August.

I would pay cash if there were no 0% incentive on the car. Allow Ford via the incentive to reduce the cost by the 5 grand. My money stays where it is and the manufacturers program negates the finance charges.

You can flat out deny the reality here or semanticly dance around the truth until you are unconcious but the fact is that an approximate 5 thousand dollar discount is in place when 50 grand is plugged into the equation.

My rule is get the pencil out and determine the final cost. Gotta go with drhooligan on this one.

That is the most back wards math I have ever seen! Do you guys do this with home sales as well? Last I heard, the sales price is just that, the finance charges are NOT part of the sales or purchase price! No wonder so many Americans are in debt! This is simple people, really!

ShelbyDude, sorry you had to even attempt to explain that :hysterical2:

My rule is get the pencil out and determine the final cost. Gotta go with drhooligan on this one.

final cost is :headspin: funny.... so what else you add in? gas,ins,parking ,mods??? all of that plus interest is a AFTER THE FACT COST and has nothing to go with YOU can buy the car for..... the car is the same price with or without 0%...

Take a 7%, 36 month loan on $50,000 and payback $55,579. If Ford isn't paying/absorbing the $5,579.00 then who is? This is a huge incentive that the retailers can acknowledge or attemp to rationalize with nonsense.

You are the only one rationalizing this with nonsense.

If Ford was paying $5K to buy down the 0% rate for 36 months then they would offer a $5K rebate in lieu of the rate as well just like they do on every other vehicle.

The regular mustangs only have a $1,500 rebate which you can take in lieu of the 0% for 36 months. I suspect it is only costing them the $1,500 or they wouldn't be offering this.

No matter how you cut it the selling price has no reflection on what the dealer sells the car for.

You yourself have claimed you would be a buyer for one at MSRP, so based on YOUR logic if you bought one at $5K over MSRP and took the 0% then you are really paying MSRP with getting free use of Ford's money. So why haven't you bought one yet?

Was all your hype over the past year just that? A bunch of hype because you have never had any intention of buying one at all?

What difference would it make if you paid MSRP with no 0% or paid $5K over getting the 0%??? No matter how you slice it you will have paid MSRP for the car! Plus, you could leave your cash invested to where you make $5K on it over the next 36 months where you basically end up paying MSRP and getting free interest after earning the money on your cash invested VS paying the cash out of pocket to buy the car for MSRP!

So now what are you waiting for? More excuses????

Like Shelbydude said, it doesn't COST Ford $5000 to let you use their money. In other words, if they left it in a savings account it might earn them 1% or 2%. So, to say for is giving you a $5000 incentive that cost is not true. You save $5000, it does not cost Ford $5000. For you to determine the cost to Ford, or the value of the incentive, you would have to know all of the other options they had for investing their money and the potentail profits from those. Then ask yourself, how much do they make by selling more cars because of the incentive? Obviuosly they made the determination the company would profit more from extending this offer, or they would not have done it. It is not a $5000 rebate, or reduction in sales price.

final cost is :headspin: funny.... so what else you add in? gas,ins,parking ,mods??? all of that plus interest is a AFTER THE FACT COST and has nothing to go with YOU can buy the car for..... the car is the same price with or without 0%...

If you say so, it's ok with me.

Yeah, if some can't perceive this simple logic then so be it.

Some of you guys prepared to pay an ADM need to consider exactly why such a hot item would need an incentive of any kind. I don't think that the fully subsidized, no cost financing is a gift from Ford.

I am amazed at how much time has been spent on this crazy math! :hysterical2: So many holes, but let me just sum this one up! You are basing this logic on a 0% loan, and calculating it at $50K loan amount, to get your so called $5K gimme! What about a lesser loan? Less of a rebate? So your saying Ford has this all figured out, this dark deep secret, to give back rebates on GT500 for all by offering this? :hysterical2: So next the tooth fairy, Santa, and the easter bunny will help deliver it? :hysterical2: Come on, anyone buying in to this? Half baked is all I have to say but if this is the justification YOU need to buy one and state you got it at MSRP, even paying a ADM of 5K, then run to the dealer... as I am certain they will not chase you away! :banghead:

Actually, all I asked for was the lowest % possible. They called (After I drove it off the lot heading to pick up my mom from the hospital) me and said 0% for 3 years or 7.9% for 6. I had already committed to half down and would have paid the other half. No point in that if you can get stretched for 36 months. They didn't offer it as any kind of incentive! Heck they set it up one day to early. We had to resign the paperwork again 5 days later.

Yeah, if some can't perceive this simple logic then so be it.

Some of you guys prepared to pay an ADM need to consider exactly why such a hot item would need an incentive of any kind. I don't think that the fully subsidized, no cost financing is a gift from Ford.

So what exactly do you think it is? A gift from the dealers? :hysterical:

Crazy math, Indeed.

You know what is really crazy? Paying an ADM on a new car that has a factory incentive.

First off I paid MSRP. Second, you are like many others who visit this site. We know there are deals to be had, and if YOU think this is a deal, then go buy a car! But until you do, all the chatter is just that, chatter! Actions speak louder than words. With this deal, go find a MSRP deal and someone willing to do it at 3 years, 0%! That would be worth coming back and bragging about. But yapping now, to a bunch of guys who gladly paid what they did at the time, well lets just say, I for one could care less how you justify it, just do it already!

Crazy math, Indeed.

You know what is really crazy? Paying an ADM on a new car that has a factory incentive.

BTW, there is no factory incentive on the car. Only on the financing which is limited to 36 months only which Ford knows over 95% of buyers can't afford that short term financing even at 0%. Look how many here alone already said they couldn't handle the payments on this.

If there was a factory incentive on the car they would be offering a rebate in lieu of the financing just like they do on every other vehicle they have incentives on, which is all of them!

Only a very small percentage of buyers will be in a position to take advantage of this offer. And with the ADM added on they mat be required to put a very large chunk of cash down to qualify for the 0%. That knocks another chunck of buyers out of being able to do this because a lot of them need to finance most of it just to be in a position to buy the thing.

Only the people with cash and that can afford the huge payments will be in a position to take advantage of this. So those with money will take advantage and keep their money invested. This drastically limits the number of buyers that Ford will end up financing at 0%.

Also, Ford advertises all their incentives on all their vehicles, yet I have not seen one ad about getting 0% for 36 on the GT500. Only ads that dealers are running that have one to sell. And it would not surprise me if they use this offer to bump their ADM even higher because of it!

Archived