TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TOTAL REMAINING GT500's as of 6/30/07

I hope this posts OK.

As of 6/30/07 there is a total of 1,188 GT500's showing up that are left.

Sounds like a LOT doesn't it?

But consider this.....supposedly there were approx. 12,775 built for 2007.

So out of 12,775 there are 1,188 remaining, which means 11,587 have been sold!

Still seems like a lot?

OK, how many are in each State?

There is currently 3,648 dealers between 50 States.

So here is a State by State breakdown of how many dealers there are in each State, how many GT500 Coupes showing up and how many GT500 Convertibles showing up and the Total number of Coupes and Convertibles combined in each State.

With the exception of a only a few States, there really isn't that many left in most States.

Here is the complete breakdown:

STATE Coupes Convertibles Total

Alaska 0 0 0

7 dealers

Alabama 11 6 17

64 dealers

Arkansas 13 3 16

55 dealers

Arizona 11 5 16

37 dealers

California 172 50 222

208 dealers

Colorado 12 6 18

43 dealers

Connecticut 4 0 4

44 dealers

Delaware 0 0 0

10 dealers

Florida 48 23 71

110 dealers

Georgia 34 10 44

120 dealers

Hawaii 5 0 5

6 dealers

Iowa 8 2 10

102 dealers

Idaho 2 2 4

22 dealers

Illinois 35 7 42

172 dealers

Indiana 16 7 23

102 dealers

Kansas 11 3 14

63 dealers

Kentucky 16 3 19

58 dealers

Louisiana 16 6 22

65 dealers

Massachusetts 13 6 19

60 dealers

Maryland 8 4 12

44 dealers

Maine

28 dealers 1 3 4

Michigan 19 13 32

148 dealers

Minnesota 9 8 17

102 dealers

Missouri 21 5 26

114 dealers

Mississippi 7 7 14

49 dealers

Montana 4 4 8

33 dealers

Nebraska 6 2 8

55 dealers

Nevada 11 0 11

11 dealers

New Hampshire 1 1 2

24 dealers

New Jersey 16 6 22

69 dealers

New Mexico 7 3 10

26 dealers

New York 21 17 38

169 dealers

North Carolina 29 14 43

117 dealers

North Dakota 1 0 1

24 dealers

Ohio 26 14 40

167 dealers

Oklahoma 13 6 19

73 dealers

Oregon 7 3 10

47 dealers

Pennsylvania 22 12 34

187 dealers

Rhode Island 2 2 4

5 dealers

South Carolina 14 3 17

59 dealers

South Dakota 5 2 7

37 dealers

Tennessee 12 7 19

80 dealers

Texas 99 23 122

261 dealers

Utah 4 0 4

27 dealers

Virginia 31 12 43

87 dealers

Vermont 3 2 5

18 dealers

Washington 31 4 35

56 dealers

Wisconsin 9 3 12

130 dealers

West Virginia 1 0 1

37 dealers

Wyoming 2 0 2

16 dealers

3,648 dealer 869 Coupes 319 Convertibles 1188 Total

Approx. 10,864 built 1,188 remaining 9,676 SOLD!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems interesting that the remaining stock has migrated to the two states that have shown the highest ADMs during most of the model year. Guess all the area dealers wanted to get in on the action and now they sit. Elsewhere where ADMs have been somewhat lower, they are mostly gone. Just a generalization but interesting none the less.

Don't have any idea where this is headed but I think the markets are going to change before our eyes yet again. Overall I still do not see nationwide averages for ADMs falling all that fast with inventory this small. Perhaps later in the 08 model year preorders will finally be satisfied. Even with Ford building far in excess of the original plan so far.

Dealer inventory of GT500s is building a little. Based on numbers provided by ShelbyDude previously:

Date Coupes 'Verts Total

5/20 647 297 944

6/11 796 314 1110

6/30 869 319 1118

Overall GT500 inventory is up 18.4% from 5/20 to 6/30.

Coupe inventory is up 34.3%, while convertible inventory is up only 7.4%.

I realize that these numbers do not represent cars actually sitting unsold at dealerships and that some of the in transit cars are presold and will be delivered as soon as they reach their destination. But, I do believe that it shows that sales are slowing somewhat. There was also a two week period around Memorial Day that the AAI plant was shut down.

Wow I am somewhat shocked by the total number of cars built... based on other posts maybe there are building more cars per day they anticipated. Second, with the number well over 12k for 2007 are we sure the 8k number will stick for 2008. Then the issue, we are seeing a rather large number of cars unsold, how it is then guys can't find a car, or worse a deal?? Something seems out of whack here but if I was someone looking for a deal, I would either walk into a dealer with these numbers and burst his bubble or quote these numbers while trying to make a deal over the phone. Maybe the dealers thing we are stupid and buy into the "well these are limited numbers and not many left?" Just my take but this if used correctly should make deal getting easier.

I know it seems like a bunch of cars. But I wonder, how many Mustang GT's are there sitting on dealer lots. By comparison, GT500 stock is in limited numbers. Here is a question, what production number would most people consider to be "limited"? Just curious.

Wow I am somewhat shocked by the total number of cars built... based on other posts maybe there are building more cars per day they anticipated. Second, with the number well over 12k for 2007 are we sure the 8k number will stick for 2008. Then the issue, we are seeing a rather large number of cars unsold, how it is then guys can't find a car, or worse a deal?? Something seems out of whack here but if I was someone looking for a deal, I would either walk into a dealer with these numbers and burst his bubble or quote these numbers while trying to make a deal over the phone. Maybe the dealers thing we are stupid and buy into the "well these are limited numbers and not many left?" Just my take but this if used correctly should make deal getting easier.

+1

I bought mine in Wyoming; I guess in that respect I got a rare car. I too am shocked so many more were built than the 7.5K figure that was being thrown around this time last year!

CC

Once again the car salesmen, reps, insiders, and various other experts on the sellers side of the fence were absolutely dead wrong. The actual build appears to have exceeded many estimates of "limited production" by nearly 50%.

What happened to the 07 build prognosis is precisely what will happen to the "limited" 8K number on the 08s. All the crap spewed by the dealers about not enough engines, not enough transmissions, blah, blah, blah, was nothing more than hype and nonsense. Keep this in mind when you consider what is in reality a reasonable price for an 08. Use common sense and ignore the retailers manipulative lies all intended to create the illusion of artificial shortage.

Guys the 12 thousand are not an official number.

I think Shelby dude is using that number(as a example) because someone else said they heard that was the number

Shelby dude felt it was going to be closer to 9k-11k units(If I remember correctly can you confirm this?)

Before all start getting upset lets all wait until we have the exact numbers. They probably will be closer to a 10k number . But again lets actually wait to hear before all have a heart attack.We will all know for sure then good or bad.

Thanks for that info Shelby Dude it is good info!

I know it seems like a bunch of cars. But I wonder, how many Mustang GT's are there sitting on dealer lots. By comparison, GT500 stock is in limited numbers. Here is a question, what production number would most people consider to be "limited"? Just curious.

7000 to 9000 units for 2007. How do you think you will feel two months after you buy your GT500 and find out you paid the ADM for no good reason? No slam against you, this has happened because the limited run GT500 was not as limited as we were lead to believe.

47 cars in the pacific NW. (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana)

That aint didly squat.

No wonder thay cost more here.

To add to that, I find it very unusual that in the small area I live there are 4 of us, 2 coupes and 2 verts within 20 miles of each other.

Limited is a subjective concept in this case with no precise definition or threshold.

An evolving 20-30 thousand unit ,2-3 year run would be tough to describe as limited.

I agree with you on this. It could be limited to 30, or 40, or 50 thousand units. They could set the limit at 100,000. I wonder what limit they will set to make them limited.

lim·it·ed :)

lim·it·ed [límmitəd]

adj

1. with a limit imposed: on which some form of limit or restriction is imposed

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

To add to that, I find it very unusual that in the small area I live there are 4 of us, 2 coupes and 2 verts within 20 miles of each other.

Yep.

I see there are only 10 cars fore sale in Oregon.

Only 4 in CT

SD is there any confirmation on that # you gave for the Build Total ?

There is no confirmation on the total number built as of yet.

Back in April of 2006 Ford announced they would build approx 9K each year.

Then after Ford announced they are reducing production for 08 down to 8K units I was told it was because they ended up building between 9K - 11K units for 07. This was the reason Ford gave for taking away all the SVT Dealers allocation for 08 that they would have gotten for their SVT status. So if Ford ends up building more than 8K in 08 then that means they have will cheated all the SVT Dealers out of their allocation just to continue to feed the bigger dealers more allocation.

Son-of-GT posted here that he was told the number for 07 production was 12,775 which he claimed he got from an inside source from Ford.

I think the actual number will be well over 10K, but what that actual number is has not been officially announced.

I also think Ford really picked up on increasing daily production over the past 3 months from what they averaged throughout the year prior to that. I think this based on all the dealers that were given a lot of extra units over the past several months that they did not know they were getting. Lots of dealers were contacted by their Ford reps asking if they would like some extra GT500's. Were did all those extra units come from???

When this program began there was over 4,600 dealers at the time. Every dealer got at least one car. So out of 9K units that would leave approx. 4,400 cars left.

All Full Line SVT dealers got two extra for that and all Focus SVT dealers got 1 extra for that. There was just over 700 SVT dealers and about 400 Focus SVT dealers. So that would be approx 1,800 units there for a total of approx. 6,400 units spoken for.

All President winners got one extra for that. Approx 400 units there for a total of 6,800 units there.

Remaining units were given based on Share of Nation. So out of approx 9K units to be built that would have left approx. 2,200 units extra for that.

That would have left only enough remaining units to give only 1/3rd of all dealers one extra unit based on share of nation. Yet MANY dealers got between 7 - 15 total for the 07 year! How is that possible with only 9K units????

At any rate, if Ford was to tell us what the actual number built for each month was, I would bet that March, April, May and June of 07 would a much higher number than all the prior months of production.

Look at all the people that have been waiting since 06 to get their car that all just got it between March and June and a lot are still waiting for their car to arrive. Sales have remained strong, people waiting for almost a year that finally got their car over the past few months, yet the inventory numbers are up from 3 - 4 months ago? I don't think that is due to sales slowing down any. I think it is due to Ford increasing monthly production over the past 3 - 4 months where they stepped up and really pumped a lot of extra units out.

As for how many GT mustangs are out there in comparison, the last time I checked which was a few weeks ago, there were over 38K mustangs showing. 38K compared to 1K or so GT500's. That is a huge difference!

A month ago there was still close to 600 2006 mustangs left which most were GT Mustangs. 600 left over from a year ago, to 38K 07 mustangs, to 1K GT500's after final production has just ended. That is only a one month supply compared to everything else.

I predicted before and I still predict that those holding out will find the best deals on a 2007 between mid July to the end of July depending on how many are still out there. For the 08 look between Oct. - Jan, Feb of 08. After that for get it! Unless Ford decides to extend this for 09 of course. But I wouldn't bank on that if they haven't announced it by Feb.

If you are holding out don't count on a specific color for a 2007 unless your color is White, Red or Black. Those are the most of what is remaining of the 2007 models.

Here is the breakdown on colors left showing up.

Grabber Orange - 19

Alloy - 32

Tungsten - 33

Vista Blue - 90

Black - 197

Red - 202

White - 297

Total 869

Those are the color breakdown on remaining Coupes.

I didn't get a breakdown on the Convertibles.

3,648 dealer 869 Coupes 319 Convertibles 1188 Total

Approx. 12,775 built 1188 remaining 11,587 SOLD!

Thanks SD,

Can you tell how many of a certain color have been built? We've all seen the ongoing argument about the fastest color and 500PLUS won't go there. I just want to know how many of the most "SEXY" cars were built. By that of course I mean BLACK CONVERTIBLES :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks SD,

Can you tell how many of a certain color have been built? We've all seen the ongoing argument about the fastest color and 500PLUS won't go there. I just want to know how many of the most "SEXY" cars were built. By that of course I mean BLACK CONVERTIBLES :happy feet: :happy feet:

The SexiestStang is the Grabber Orange ones. You can see it is also the Limited one! :hysterical:

Once again the car salesmen, reps, insiders, and various other experts on the sellers side of the fence were absolutely dead wrong. The actual build appears to have exceeded many estimates of "limited production" by nearly 50%.

What happened to the 07 build prognosis is precisely what will happen to the "limited" 8K number on the 08s. All the crap spewed by the dealers about not enough engines, not enough transmissions, blah, blah, blah, was nothing more than hype and nonsense. Keep this in mind when you consider what is in reality a reasonable price for an 08. Use common sense and ignore the retailers manipulative lies all intended to create the illusion of artificial shortage.

50% of Ford said would mean 18K units in 07. They said 9K before production began. As for shortages of engines and all, I have never heard about that other than reading that in posts on this site. Where it came from I do not know. Whether there was any truth to it or not I do not know.

If Ford builds a lot more than the 8K they claim for 08 they will have more than just pissed off customers over it. All the dealers that were SVT will be pissed off as well because Ford yanked any 08 allocation from them because of this. They are already pissed over this. A signed agreement by their dealers must mean nothing to Ford! They have breached their contract by taking away the allocation they were contractually obligated too!

There has been a lot of misinformation told by dealers and salespeople over the car during the past year. A lot of it coming from being misinformed, to getting bad information from the internet, to getting bad information from misinformed Ford reps, to getting bad information from inside people working at Ford, to out right lying to consumers about it!

Thanks SD,

I have no way of knowing what was built. I can only get what is currently showing up in inventory. And a lot of that could be units that have been sold and not removed from the inventory yet. It depends on how up to date Ford is with keeping the inventory updated. I have seen vehicles still showing up weeks after it was reported sold. So even these numbers are approx. but they are as close to accurate as anyone can get other than Ford telling us anything different.

Thanks Shelbydude. Like I was thinking, limited production compared to Mustang GT production. Maybe not as limited as some would like. On the other side of the coin, many people wish Ford would build more so msrp would come faster and they could buy. I think everyone here assumed that eventually msrp would be a reality. Problem is, no one knows when exactly that will take place. Like Shelbydude said you will be at the mercy of the colors available as inventory gets closer to msrp. I am fine with the deal I made. My luck is not all that good so 5k over to order the color/options I want, fine by me. I don't ever plan on getting rid of the car so what difference does it make? Every hot car comes out of the gate with a ADM and eventually settles into sticker and in some cases less than sticker. From what I have seen, many 08's are being pre-ordered so we shall have to wait and see how many are built and if there is a third year or not.

In my opinion, a 3rd year would just kill this car and the popularity of having a Shelby. I think it would also end up affecting the Shelby brand as well. Build to many of a good thing and it no longer is a good a thing. It is the rarity of the Shelby name that makes this car what it is along with the 500 HP.

They can build other 500 HP models if they choose, but if they produce to many of one thing it will not only lose it's popularity on that one thing, but lose desireability on all future vehicles with the Shelby name as well. Just mt opinion.

It would become like buying a regular V6 mustang! A dime a dozen!

I think Ford and Shelby are really pushing the limit now with having approx 20K over two years!

To kill that over the hopes of making some fast extra profit will kill any future hopes of having a hot selling car in the future. They can always do another Shelby GT500 in the future when they come out with a new design and keep the popularity alive and strong.

If they want to do another year building Shelbys they should build a GT350 next.

Cali is hoarding all of the cars! No wonder I have only seen 2 on the road since they came out. Wisconsin must have a bunch of collectors that do not drive the cars. :banghead:

sbornitz - I took one out of your fine state yesterday morning. Drove it like I stole it all the way back to South Dakota! :car: Got 500 miles on it already and plan to drive it everyday til the snow flies. If I get to an early season game before the tundra's frozen at Lambeau this year, it might make another appearance in Cheesehead country. :rockon:

Thanks SD,

It goes without saying, 500...

In my opinion, a 3rd year would just kill this car and the popularity of having a Shelby. I think it would also end up affecting the Shelby brand as well. Build to many of a good thing and it no longer is a good a thing. It is the rarity of the Shelby name that makes this car what it is along with the 500 HP.

They can build other 500 HP models if they choose, but if they produce to many of one thing it will not only lose it's popularity on that one thing, but lose desireability on all future vehicles with the Shelby name as well. Just mt opinion.

I think Ford and Shelby are really pushing the limit now with having approx 20K over two years!

ShelbyDude -

ShelbyDude -

Thanks for all the information you provide. I get a lot out of it.

I'm not certain I understand why some folks are pissed off at the higher production numbers, and I know I don't agree that 20K production total makes the car 'dime a dozen.'

I'll state up front what I've always said from day one - I don't care at all if twenty other folks in my neighborhood have GT500s. I don't want to pay extra just to keep someone else from having the same car I do. Besides, the more cars there are, the more aftermarket stuff will become available. I know some will not touch their cars, and I respect that. But I just don't see a downside.

I know some folks may be unhappy to pay over sticker, I know I wouldn't want to do so. But I was one of the many folks who predicted the ADMs would be gone by Spring. I was way wrong. I've had several folks ask me if the car was good enough to justify any ADM. Last Fall I said 'no way' mainly because I still thought the ADMs would be gone by Spring. I'm not so rigid now that the demand remains high. Dealers may be lots of things - both good and bad to our way of thinking - but most are not idiots. They want to make money, so they are not sitting on these cars because of wishful thinking. They think they will get most of what they are asking. They are backing that gamble by paying money for that car every month even though it is just sitting there. In other words they are reducing their profit every day it sits there. (Shelby Dude - I know you know this, not meant for you.) A guy here locally had a 2007 on order, and when it finally came in he was given a take it or leave it price of $60K. He decided to leave it, and eventually got hooked up by one of our frequent posters for $5K ADM on an '08. He says the 2007 is still at the dealer. I realize that if I was in his position, I would have done exactly the same thing. I would not have liked it, but I would probably have paid $5K over - something I swore I wouldn't do earlier. Of course, I know what the car is like now, so there's no uncertainty for me as to whether it's worth the extra. That's what it has come to for the moment. For those others who paid even more ADM, I know it must not have been a good feeling to do so, but that's what it took to end the uncertainty and get a car. Those who were willing to endure the uncertainty about (ever?) getting a GT500 a while longer, paid less. It's easy to look back from today's vantage point and say what I should have done based on what I know now. But that doesn't wash. People may be unhappy they paid more than they now think they should have. But I just don't understand how they can be that pissed. There was no contract that said how many would be built, just an estimate. People debated what that number would be and what Jay O'Donnell meant when he said they'd build one for everyone who wants one. I have a source close to Ford who says the final number is just about 10K. That's right at the upper end of what SVT had been telling me and others since March of 2005. I suspect it's about right, but won't lose sleep if it's 13K. My bet is that the total number will be about 20K for two years - just what the early predictions were.

In the end, we got what we wanted - a car to truly lust after. That doesn't come without a cost, no matter how much we wish it did.

Archived