TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Current 08/09 GT500KR KR Values

Looking to pickup a low mile KR....under 5k miles. Prices seem to be in lower 40s to lower 50s and the 08s seem to carry the premium price.

Does this seem to be a bout the about the correct price window ?

Anything to look out for when looking a car over?

Thanks

MM

There seems to be plenty of supply and I don't see them selling fast so it's a buyers market, I suggest making your offers accordingly. Many asking in the 50's have been for sale for a while, I wouldn't even look at those. Personally I would get a 13/14 GT500 for the same amount, it is a significantly better car in every way, but that's me.

Just my 2 Cents

Pretty sure Orange is gone.....haven't heard from him in a while.

OP to better answer your question I would think mid 40's should be your goal, but I would never let a few thousand sway me if I found exactly what I was looking for Color and option wise in great condition.

Good luck!!!

Edited by carnut12

I saw that one... looked nice in the pics. It has a small rash on the CF front spoiler and the drivers door interior leather has a small issue with it pulling away some.

I'm tempted to go look at that one in person as I don't have anyone in that area to do an inspection

I can guarantee you that ALL of the KRs will have issues with the driver door leather over time.

It's a problem with every 2007-2009

The adhesive Ford used dries up and the leather starts to pull away.

Very simple fix... some of this stuff Loctite Concrete adhesive

And it will never come off again.

Here's a youtube vid

He uses some spray stuff... but that stuff doesn't last (ask me how I know ;) )

The front spoiler is a different issue though... that sucker will cost you quite a bit to replace... over 1k if I'm remembering correctly.

Watch eBay for a new correct original GT500KR splitter, I have seen them listed over the last few months multiple times, here is a link to the most recent sale..............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500KR-Factory-Front-Bumper-SPLITTER-NOS-CLOSEOUT-/182465452860?hash=item2a7bc9db3c%3Ag%3AAgkAAOSwzgRWxdRo&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=U1nkqfnR2Er1OdHQwGs26reVWBw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

^^^^$500 + $140 shipping, total of under $650, not bad at all.............

R

Edited by Robert M

Watch eBay for a new correct original GT500KR splitter, I have seen them listed over the last few months multiple times, here is a link to the most recent sale..............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500KR-Factory-Front-Bumper-SPLITTER-NOS-CLOSEOUT-/182465452860?hash=item2a7bc9db3c%3Ag%3AAgkAAOSwzgRWxdRo&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=U1nkqfnR2Er1OdHQwGs26reVWBw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

^^^^$500 + $140 shipping, total of under $650, not bad at all.............

R

Why not grab a hood on Ebay while you're at it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-Mustang-GT500KR-Carbon-Fiber-OEM-NOS-Hood-Clearance-/172693272277?hash=item28355236d5:g:r7UAAOSw42dZJK5N&vxp=mtr

I do computer modeling/animation for my job so I was tinkering with a spare set of vents that I have.

Anyway, I'm thinking about doing a 3d print of these, just don't know how many people would be interested.

If you guys are, let me know.

HoodVentsProto_002.jpg

Edited by Imatk

^^^^Yep, there was a time when the exclusive KR parts were only available to KR owners (with proof of ownership), now it all has changed and the days of those big exclusive prices has melted away.

If I remember correctly, it started with the dump of the N.O.S. 18" GT500KR Alcoa's...................and it went on from there.

Has anyone followed the GT500KR billet engine cap sets on eBay?

I guess it is now "out with the old, in with the new"?

R

I was really happy to get hold of a hood so I'm glad they sold the parts.

But I also understand that it kind of sucks for KR owners.

I personally think these parts, after they're gone, will be worth a ton of dough. But it will probably be 40 years from now and we'll all be dead :)

Just ordered a splitter to replace the original that got hit and cracked by a big chunk of metal that came off of a truck in front of me 2 years ago. They were 3200 then from shelby. I passed. Happy to pay 495 now. Now if i can just avoid those .......

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, let's see how long it takes the troll "Orange" to jump in and tell us how little these are worth.

Bill

He's back... "gasketmkr" Just saw where he called an old car a "jack ass cart" which is one of orange, sideoiler, etc etc etc favorite descriptions that I've seen numerous times before about anything old.

Another post he berates a 350 owner about his asking price. Then comments about something orange said... Geez...

He's back... "gasketmkr" Just saw where he called an old car a "jack ass cart" which is one of orange, sideoiler, etc etc etc favorite descriptions that I've seen numerous times before about anything old.

Another post he berates a 350 owner about his asking price. Then comments about something orange said... Geez...

Yeah, he came back as bossmango and quickly got banned again. I think the mods are finally catching on to his trolling as he's so predictable.

• 2 years later...