TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby TERLINGUA Rocker Stripes on Ebay

Larry T

They were listed by mistake. The auction has been pulled. The short of it is that Terlingua parts will no longer be made available to the public and shall be retained by a private party for the owners of the vehicles. The integrity of the brand will not be compromised as long as the owners, the charity, and the Neale family desire it. I should note that the folks at Shelby have been extremely helpful in making this happen, and that the brand is valued by them as much as any of us.

The parts that did leak out were unfortunate, but the majority of those parts were purchased off eBay fairly by myself and several other owners. If you've got a Terlingua item, feel very lucky, because there won't be any more sell offs.

They were listed by mistake. The auction has been pulled. The short of it is that Terlingua parts will no longer be made available to the public and shall be retained by a private party for the owners of the vehicles. The integrity of the brand will not be compromised as long as the owners, the charity, and the Neale family desire it. I should note that the folks at Shelby have been extremely helpful in making this happen, and that the brand is valued by them as much as any of us.

The parts that did leak out were unfortunate, but the majority of those parts were purchased off eBay fairly by myself and several other owners. If you've got a Terlingua item, feel very lucky, because there won't be any more sell offs.

Good move! Is the remaining stock at SAI being transferred to you?

Good move! Is the remaining stock at SAI being transferred to you?

I've had the remaining stock for some time now, and I continue to buy off other items that find their way out there excluding that one person in Jersey that is selling a fairly complete set of Terlingua items for an arm and both legs. I'm not buying at that price and neither is anyone else. I was hesitant to admit I took possession, but I guess it only matters to owners who need parts, and now they know who to contact.

It is good to see that the Terlingua brand is being protected ... unlike other protected parts that seem to be rampantly available to whom ever pays the highest price.

I'm less than enthusiastic that Shelby made that decision with KR parts and other builds also, like any of us that spent the premium to get an exclusive build, but it was their decision to make, and I believe in the long hurts the business regardless what it does for the bottom line in the short term. I don't see it as a lack of respect or desire to slight customers though. I think when you work around these cars day in and day out, it changes your perspective, and I guess they just don't see the mystique of the parts like an owner does. To them it just becomes "just another obsolete part taking up valuable space"- and they do take up a lot of space and there are better things SA can do with that money and space. It's not that I don't see their side of it. It's valid. It just sucks from our end, and they see our side of it too.

• 1 month later...

There are parts floating around for sure. But there are aspects no one has to do it complete. Terlingua hoods and front fascia caps are non existent, and the rear decks and badges I got before they hit eBay, and front badges are also numbering in the 2 or 3 out there. That said, I've seen some really well done clones even if they are missing this or that. I bought the parts more to have them for an owner in need than to keep a clone from being built. No clone can be passed off as an original, so it doesn't matter from that standpoint anyway. We know all the original cars.

I've had the remaining stock for some time now, and I continue to buy off other items that find their way out there excluding that one person in Jersey that is selling a fairly complete set of Terlingua items for an arm and both legs. I'm not buying at that price and neither is anyone else. I was hesitant to admit I took possession, but I guess it only matters to owners who need parts, and now they know who to contact.

Awhile back Shelby Auctions moved a bunch of 06-08 Terlingua items. Rocker plates, fuel doors, trunk emblems, engine cap sets. Were you able to get some of that suff as well? I ask because I won a set of rocker plates and didn't feel right about them and returned them.

Yeah, I spent almost as much through the auctions as I did on the bulk deal. This really hurt me in the end, because the claimed value of all these parts was driven up by me and few owners just as dedicated to keep what we could in house. Some things made it out, but I wager We got over half the auction Terlingua items sold if not more.

That said, buying a part you like doesn't mean you did anything wrong. If you like it and didn't steal it, sport it proudly! None of us will hold it against anyone that wants a little bunny flair, or even a good clone! The only thing we wouldn't want to see is someone passing off a clone as registered build with a csm.

That said, buying a part you like doesn't mean you did anything wrong. If you like it and didn't steal it, sport it proudly! None of us will hold it against anyone that wants a little bunny flair, or even a good clone! The only thing we wouldn't want to see is someone passing off a clone as registered build with a csm.

Well said Warren. Thanks.

If anyone needs information, or wishes to check a Terlingua car against the Shelby Registry please reach out to myself, David Elkowitz, Terlingua registrar, vorpl8@yahoo.com or Steve at Shelby Autos. As the Terlingua Registrar I have the full list of Terlingua builds and all relevant info to 100% identify a car as an official, CSM built Terlingua or not if helpful. It is one of the functions registrars perform.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Can we refer to them as "tributes" instead of clones?