TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help putting a value on 07SGT0016 with 2516 miles on her

Bcbury

This thread continues to amaze me, fascinating.

The history about this car adds to its providence in my humble opinion, like it's experienced so much already ... with so few miles. All of our cars are special, but the 0016 seems to have a unique "energy" encircling it.

Mach1,

Glad it all worked out in the end for you. FYI, a previous owner has changed out the dash fascias as your SGT was built by Ford with the IUP option which means you should have the aluminum finish dash and not a charcoal dash. Does the passenger side airbag cover have any autographs? If not perhaps thats why the car is "missing" some of its claimed autographs if someone removed the original airbag cover to replace it with a charcoal cover.

No I have the window sticker and it says charcoal. See picture of window sticker. But thanks for your insight. The signatures that are missing are on the head rest, visor. Still has the pass visor , driver head rest and yes the hood. The picture from the museum was their inventory back in 2010. The museum appears to have had this car back in 2010 on loan. It was up for auction in 2010 but did not sale. I have a copy of the original title and the car was transferred to a dealer in OK on 6/09/12 with 706 miles. Then sold to the second owner on 6/30/12.

I do know the 2nd owner bought it in 2012 with 718 miles on her. He has posted on here back in 2014 under post your CMS #

FYI ....Leo Gephart was one of the owners of the GRC group that owned Scottsdale international Auto Museum. He started the whole collector car auctions. He and Russ Jackson created the Scottsdale auction. Later he sold his interest in the Scottsdale auction to Tom Barrett. Now today we have the Barrett-Jackson auction.

post-9597-0-51496900-1506608610_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-68342400-1512412080_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-11466400-1512413334_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

FYI, a previous owner has changed out the dash fascias as your SGT was built by Ford with the IUP option which means you should have the aluminum finish dash and not a charcoal dash.

Not true as IUP came in either satin aluminum or charcoal aluminum

I have one of each

No I have the window sticker and it says charcoal. See picture of window sticker. But thanks for your insight. The signatures that are missing are on the head rest, visor and center console. Still has the pass visor , driver head rest and yes the hood.

I may have a decent/good headrest if you want one to protect the one with autograph (if you intend to drive this car?)?

I may have a decent/good headrest if you want one to protect the one with autograph (if you intend to drive this car?)?

Thanks for the offer don't plan on more then maybe 350 miles / year. The signature is on the back of the headrest so it is protected. I'll pm you.

Again you have been so helpful in many ways. Thanks.

Edited by mach 1 1970

No I have the window sticker and it says charcoal.

Not true as IUP came in either satin aluminum or charcoal aluminum

I have one of each

Well then this is something that needs to be checked out further. Let me sort through Ford's build records to see how they separate the dash colors.

UPDATE: I stand corrected on the dash being changed. There is a 67D option code for a charcoal aluminum dash that is a sub-option under the IUP option code of 18G.

So there are three dash options for the Shelby GT. The standard Mustang GT black dash panel, the optional IUP aluminum finish aluminum dash and then the charcoal finish aluminum dash.

Good info to be spotlighted. And yes the charcoal finish aluminum dash is the rarest of the three.

Well then this is something that needs to be checked out further. Let me sort through Ford's build records to see how they separate the dash colors.

UPDATE: I stand corrected on the dash being changed. There is a 67D option code for a charcoal aluminum dash that is a sub-option under the IUP option code of 18G.

So there are three dash options for the Shelby GT. The standard Mustang GT black dash panel, the optional IUP aluminum finish aluminum dash and then the charcoal finish aluminum dash.

Good info to be spotlighted. And yes the charcoal finish aluminum dash is the rarest of the three.

This car gets rarer the longer it's on here. Glad you got to the bottom of this. Thanks

I paid for it today @ Tidwell Ford. 100% as advertised 3365 miles. Hood scoop perfect fit no gaps. stripes perfect, paint perfect ( really no nicks @ all ) no swirl marks either, glass perfect ,rims perfect no road rash. Interior perfect. Engine bay a bit dusty but easy to detail. The billet engine caps are a nice touch. Rear bumper perfect fit. Under side very clean not driven in rain much if at all. Paid $21000 with shipping and no doc fee .Will post pictures soon to dark now. Do have literature from the Scottsdale auto museum stating the car was @ the 85/85 birthday bash but not that important to me. Will also show that. It's what I was expecting and yes no money changed hands before today. All 3 signatures with the hood being the must important and kind of cool looking. I'm just trying to end this story with some facts about the car and the transaction. This forum did bring the seller down to earth and maybe he just got tired....as they say timing is everything.

Will post pictures tomorrow. Corvette is happy to have company I think. The little corvette is my 3 year old grandson's .....You got to start them young.

Very nice!

In the one pic of the autographed hood, I see the same "recess" (in the shadow of the glossy paint) around the hood pin plates, that I also have. I wondered if that was just my car..... :cool:

Yeah I noticed that also it shows up much more in the picture. I think it's pretty common. It's just us very picky Shelby car guys. You know the one nick that only we see and it's the size of a grain of sand.

Edited by mach 1 1970

In the one pic of the autographed hood, I see the same "recess" (in the shadow of the glossy paint) around the hood pin plates, that I also have. I wondered if that was just my car..... :cool:

Keep in mind that the Hood is NOT Flat but the Hood Pin Plate IS. So when the Hood Pin Plate is installed, it will distort the Hood a bit.

Edited by tesgt350

Here is another what's it worth story...There is a 07SGT on Atlanta Craig's list for $39,900 or make reasonable offer . Get this only 38 miles on the clock. That's less the 4 miles a year that's not good mechanically. Check it out it's a good read. Still has all the window stickers in place. What happens to the value when you put 300 miles on this car ? He says it's never been registered and he is the original owner.

post-9597-0-01560200-1506719540_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Congrats Mach 1, I think you got a killer deal! I would have paid more than 21K for this car and would have been a local buyer. But the guy had it listed for $35K opening bid $39K BIN less than a month ago. I would have never guessed he'd knock it down about 40% in less than a month. With his pricing tactics he definitely left some money on the table, but good for you! Thanks for all the details and pics, interesting read.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT-/263187436862?hash=item3d4731953e:g:aBAAAOSwVGFZrgWc&vxp=mtr

Here is another what's it worth story...There is a 07SGT on Atlanta Craig's list for $39,900 or make reasonable offer . Get this only 38 miles on the clock. Check it out it's a good read. Still has all the window stickers in place. What happens to the value when you put 300 miles on this car ? He says it's never been registered and he is the original owner.

I do not see this happening, it is not worth more then they paid for it, it isn't a collector car by any means at this point. My guess is $30K or so for this car.

Found a video on YouTube of the Scottsdale auto museum from 2010 . These are the pictures from the video. Car spent few years there which helped keep the mileage down and the stripes in excellent shape. Pictures are not very clear sorry. Last picture shows the current signature.

post-9597-0-66788300-1506783837_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-16959000-1506783855_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-86050900-1506783875_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-61134700-1506797583_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Mach, thanks, I forgot your name it's been awhile. One of the best personalities on Team Shelby.

Those look larger than they are, 295's on the back, 275's out front. The Nitto Invos look and hook well.

Congrats again on your new ride, nice find and price!

Mach, thanks, I forgot your name it's been awhile. One of the best personalities on Team Shelby.

Those look larger than they are, 295's on the back, 275's out front. The Nitto Invos look and hook well.

Congrats again on your new ride, nice find and price!

Thanks Secondo......” My name is Mike xxxxx , and performance is my business “. Sound familiar haha

Yeah I went from a 2014 662hp Shelby to a 2007 319hp Shelby. Still having fun driving a Shelby and arriving in one piece. Sometimes driving a slower car fast is just as much fun. The 14 Shelby was always trying to kill me. Not chasing HP anymore. For now.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Yeah I went from a 2014 662hp Shelby to a 2007 319hp Shelby. Still having fun driving a Shelby and arriving in one piece. Sometimes driving a slower car fast is just as much fun. The 14 Shelby was always trying to kill me. Not chasing HP anymore. For now.

Well said Mach! :thumbsup:

And you also had a GT350 and Boss 302 :thumbsup:

And you also had a GT350 and Boss 302 :thumbsup:

Yep sure did. The 07 SGT is kind of old school on one side of the spectrum and the 17 grand sport is on the other end of the spectrum. They both serve a purpose ( fun factor) in their own way.

Edited by mach 1 1970

• 1 month later...

Well Im finally bringing this journey to its end. Finally got the title today. Its been fun with no disappointments @ all. She is tucked away until the next ride. Ride Sally Ride. Happy holidays everyone. Thanks for all the input...... it helped me get a great car @ a great price.

She has a new stable mate ! 2013 boss 302 with 4200 miles and Recaro seats. Mint like the SGT.

The 3 Shelby signatures are there including Bob Bondurants.

post-9597-0-72456000-1512411463_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-18980000-1512411493_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-77358200-1512413405_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970