TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help putting a value on 07SGT0016 with 2516 miles on her

Bcbury

Well the story ends here. Fill you all in once I pick it up @ the local Ford store. Paid $21K he is paying doc fee ....his last ebay price was $25K. . Car fax checks out and the oasis report. The second owner with 700 miles from 2012 checks out for some signatures were missing ....big deal. The hood one only matters to me which has plastic over it for protection and the visor and head rest are there.

Trust me he didn't pay over $25 for this car. He is a GM @ a dealership in Texas he bought it in January with 1980 miles on her. It's the low mileage and originally that I was looking for. Had one in 07 and missed her.

Ok. Later.

Thanks for giving us the last piece of the puzzle Mach 1. Fair price. :victory:

The car is in transit from Texas. Stay tuned after inspection. No money has changed hands. I've bought a lot of cars from Tidwell ford in Marietta GA. Honest people. The seller turned out to be a car guy and easy to do business with. Not sure what happened before .....I wasn't on here. Did go back and read it. Kind of crazy.

Edited by mach 1 1970

The car is in transit from Texas. Stay tuned after inspection. No money has changed hands. I've bought a lot of cars from Tidwell ford in Marietta GA. Honest people. The seller turned out to be a car guy and easy to do business with. Not sure what happened before .....I wasn't on here. Did go back and read it. Kind of crazy.

So if I got this right you got a dealer to bring it in for you to inspect before money changes hands all included in the price? If so that is a dealer is go back to. Cool.

mach 1 1970 tried sending you a p.m., however, says you can't receive new messages.

I'm not sure why you can't. I got a pm from Amy yesterday. I had some questions.

Try again I deleted a bunch

Edited by mach 1 1970

Congrats.

So if I got this right you got a dealer to bring it in for you to inspect before money changes hands all included in the price? If so that is a dealer is go back to. Cool.

Well I'm certainly confused now, I thought the seller was a General Manager at a dealership who came in here and insulted all of us and if so that's certainly a dealership I would NOT go back to.

And now the car goes from being "paid for" to its being shipped for inspection. Call me crazy but isn't that how all the Craigslist scams work? The seller will ship the car for free and you'll have x amount of days for inspection before paying for it? Even CarMax charges several hundred dollars to ship a car to another location so what seller or dealership would ship a car with no money changing hands? What if Mach11970 gets run over by a bus today, how is the seller getting their unsold car back home?

This is just not making sense or pieces of important info are missing.

Good luck with the purchase, hope it all works out.

Steve

Step back wait for me to get the car. Nobody said it was paid for. The Ford dealership in Texas is a chain of 154 stores. The seller ( GM ) sold it to his dealership and said he would check to see if Tidwell Ford was willing to handle the paperwork. It's the safest way for me to buy out of state without traveling there. The seller knows the car is in perfect shape. The GM @ Tidwell knows me and is doing a favor for both of us. If I didn't buy it the auto chain owns it .They would just sell it in ga and do just fine. There's no story here. It's just a bunch of car guys getting a deal done. Might not be your typical deal but none the less a deal. I've done deals like this before over the years. Hell I've owned over 50+ collector cars from Corvette to Porsche and have horse traded everyone.

Like I said once I get her I will post pictures and all.

Edited by mach 1 1970

. Paid $21K he is paying doc fee ....his last ebay price was $25K. .

Step back wait for me to get the car. Nobody said it was paid for.

Just going by what you posted, you said you paid $21k so thats what Tony, myself and I'm sure others were going by. If you have said you negotiated a pending inspection price of $21k it might have been easier to follow.

Anyway good luck with the purchase, hope it all works out. As long as you and the seller are happy with the deal thats all that matters.

Steve

I have owned almost 300 cool Vehicles, mostly Mustangs, many of them New and many Late Model off of the Major Dealership Lots and for some reason NO Dealer ever treated me that Nice, especially my Local Dealer.

I paid for it today @ Tidwell Ford. 100% as advertised 3365 miles. Hood scoop perfect fit no gaps. stripes perfect, paint perfect ( really no nicks @ all ) no swirl marks either, glass perfect ,rims perfect no road rash. Interior perfect. Engine bay a bit dusty but easy to detail. The billet engine caps are a nice touch. Rear bumper perfect fit. Under side very clean not driven in rain much if at all. Paid $21000 with shipping and no doc fee .Will post pictures soon to dark now. Do have literature from the Scottsdale auto museum stating the car was @ the 85/85 birthday bash but not that important to me. Will also show that. It's what I was expecting and yes no money changed hands before today. All 3 signatures with the hood being the must important and kind of cool looking. I'm just trying to end this story with some facts about the car and the transaction. This forum did bring the seller down to earth and maybe he just got tired....as they say timing is everything.

Will post pictures tomorrow. Corvette is happy to have company I think. The little corvette is my 3 year old grandson's .....You got to start them young.

post-9597-0-62525000-1506471027_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-23941500-1506471286_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-81961300-1506479663_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

I paid for it today @ Tidwell Ford. 100% as advertised 3365 miles. Hood scoop perfect fit no gaps. stripes perfect, paint perfect ( really no nicks @ all ) no swirl marks either, glass perfect ,rims perfect no road rash. Interior perfect. Engine bay a bit dusty but easy to detail. Rear bumper perfect fit. Under side very clean not driven in rain much if at all. Paid $21000 with shipping and no doc fee .Will post pictures soon to dark now. Do have literature from the Scottsdale auto museum stating the car was @ the 85/85 birthday bash but not that important to me. Will also show that. It's what I was expecting and yes no money changed hands before today. All 3 signatures with the hood being the must important and kind of cool looking. I'm just trying to end this story with some facts about the car and the transaction. This forum did bring the seller down to earth and maybe he just got tired....as they say timing is everything.

Will post pictures tomorrow. Corvette is happy to have company I think.

Congrats!!! Great deal, I hope this forum helped you get such a good deal. Glad it was as it was advertised!!!

Congrats!!! Great deal, I hope this forum helped you get such a good deal. Glad it was as it was advertised!!!

Yes this forum did help bring some reality about the value of this car. Which helped me get a good deal. But remember I wasn't aware of this post till after I made an offer and he accepted. Then we worked out the details on shipping, inspection and payment. Then I discovered this post by doing a search. I spent days researching this car. Following every lead I could find on line. I owned one before and always like what Shelby created and knew the specs. This car after 10 years has stood the test of time. I think it's as close as you can get to the original 65 concept. They even had their own race series which ran for 3 years. The first race was @ Road Atlanta back in may 2008 which I attended.

Free posters were given out. !!

post-9597-0-94733100-1506725184_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-38207100-1506725197_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

WARNING..............this story can get boring... read @ your own risk ...........

One final note. The car was on ebay September 19th with one bid of $19,900 with reserve not met and at 4 hours left with fixed price of $25,870. I called and asked for his bottom line. "$22K", he said. He's at work not even watching the auction. I had his # because he texted me the car fax days earlier. Now two hours left I texted him back with an offer of $21K. "Yep, ok. You seem like a car guy"' he texted. So he ends the auction early. ....Would someone have waited until the last minute and bid it up to $23+++? Who knows? Just wasn't going to take that chance and lose the car. I didn't want to bid the price of the car up either. He could easily have said, "let's see how the auction goes." Remember he had this car above $99K on ebay back in May, then $35K in early September. The stars were aligned for sure. The last picture is from the museum During the 2010 auction. The car was sold on 6/09/12 by the original owner. I have a copy of the title that shows 706 miles and transfer to a dealer. They turned around and sold it to the 2nd owner 6/30/12 with 718 miles. Still putting the pieces together on the history. The seller was a honest car guy and was very easy to deal with. I'd buy from him again.

post-9597-0-10863800-1506514807_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-18070100-1506611222_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-85809900-1506622878_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-69099100-1512410888_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Excellent!

I think I'd be looking for another hood and hang that one in the garage :)

In the Garage? With all that heat? No No No.........in the Bedroom on the Wall above the Bed or above the Fire Place in the Family Room.

Yes it does have Bob Bondurant's Signature?

So it's still got the visor , head rest and hood signatures. See picture for more discription of the signatures and history with 85 and 86 birthday celebration. GRG auctions owned the Scottsdale international Auto museum that had this car on display.

post-9597-0-63896300-1506622948_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-62699000-1506624128_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-93849200-1512411044_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 9/27/2017 at 12:42 PM, ChicagoChris said:

So the center dashboard badge with the CSM number is missing?

NO. That the plate is there. It's also has the dark charcoal trim option

See pictures of plate.

post-9597-0-27575100-1506536966_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-20682000-1506550525_thumb.jpg

Edited by mach 1 1970

NO. That the plate is there. It's also has the dark charcoal trim option.

The car center console was signed by Shelby back in 2007. Top of console between the seats. That's what is missing.

See pictures of plate.

Mach1,

Glad it all worked out in the end for you. FYI, a previous owner has changed out the dash fascias as your SGT was built by Ford with the IUP option which means you should have the aluminum finish dash and not a charcoal dash. Does the passenger side airbag cover have any autographs? If not perhaps thats why the car is "missing" some of its claimed autographs if someone removed the original airbag cover to replace it with a charcoal cover.

UPDATE: Strikeout text above is incorrect and should be ignored.