TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Razor wheels Tustgan

Here are my new Razor wheels. I love them. Just wanted to post a few pics for anyone looking for these wheels to see what you will get.

Peace,

Kevin

1965 Shelby 427 Cobra

2007 Shelby GT500

Wicked,

Great first post! Came in style, right off the bat... Welcome to the family. Your car is beautiful--love those wheels. I'm waiting for the Alcoa Super Snake wheels. I think you'll like the crowd around here. They are very knowledgable and helpful. Welcome again.

Stuart

Here are my new Razor wheels. I love them. Just wanted to post a few pics for anyone looking for these wheels to see what you will get.

Peace,

Kevin

1965 Shelby 427 Cobra

2007 Shelby GT500

Hey I'm with dodgr31, what size are the wheels and tires? Looks great whatever they are. Need to roll the Cobra out give us some pics of it too :hysterical2: . Welcome to the site you will find alot of good guys and gals around here. Stay in touch.

Peace,

Kevin

1965 Shelby 427 Cobra

2007 Shelby GT500

Your Shelby looks GREAT with those wheels!!

Thanks guys for all your kind comments, makes me feel really good. The car has 20X9 razors with 255/35/20 up front and 285/30/20 in the rear..........it is not lowered but am egtting eibach springs soon to bring it down 1.5".......so it sits perfect...........my car does have a 2.65" pulley with tune and steeda CAI, dyno 539rwhp..............I have a borla axle back exhaust (I LOVE BORLA), 3.73 gears, cervinis side window skirts and cervinis side air skirts on order. Also got Carrol's sig coming with vin for the interior and GT500 rocker panels.

The wheels look way way way beeter in person, the pictures do not do justice..............they are gun metal finish but match my tungsten exterior absolutely perfect, cannot tell they are a different color.

Talk to you all soon, I used to be very involved on a 350Z forum when I modified my Z and am glad to be back!!!

WickedGT500

KG

ohh for the gentlemen who asked to see my 65 cobra here it is......enjoy.

KG

Wow Dude that car is awsome!!! I know for a fact the GT 500 is fun to drive but I guarantee that thing is outreageous!!! Thanks for the pictures. Both cars are FINE. And also thanks for the compliment (gentlemen asking for pics) You just don't know me yet! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Welcome to the forum and very nice cars!

I'm considering Razors also...but I have issues with them only being 9" wide...I want to go with wider Nittos in an 18".

I'm still investigating options. How did you get the TPMS set up? WHat bands did you use? Any issues recalibrating?

Thanks,

Dave

That looks great!!!! :banana piano:

I've been on the fence about the Razors, but am still leaning towards the all chrome (with my white and blue vert), although, your's has to be one of the most beautiful combinations. That is truly a wheel that looks like it came on the car. And that is what you want. It's a perfect match for you. I even thought of having the Razor centers powder coated white, but I think the chrome will have to do. Any thoughts on the powder coated wheels on a white car?

I know I'm a picky :censored::censored::censored:

But if you have it out, could we get two more pics, level with car and straight down the side from back to front, and maybe one very low from the back center, to see the rear tires.

Thanks so much :happy feet:

The Razors look great!! What back spacing do you have?

Thank you........The offset is 24mm + 2mm (GT500 spec)......the regular 24mm offset rubs the Brembos. Is this what you where asking for when you said "back spacing"

Thxs,

Kevin

That looks great!!!! :banana piano:

I've been on the fence about the Razors, but am still leaning towards the all chrome (with my white and blue vert), although, your's has to be one of the most beautiful combinations. That is truly a wheel that looks like it came on the car. And that is what you want. It's a perfect match for you. I even thought of having the Razor centers powder coated white, but I think the chrome will have to do. Any thoughts on the powder coated wheels on a white car?

I know I'm a picky :censored::censored::censored:

But if you have it out, could we get two more pics, level with car and straight down the side from back to front, and maybe one very low from the back center, to see the rear tires.

Thanks so much :happy feet:

I will upload the requested pictures today for you. Thanks for your kind comments.

KG

I love them! What a great wheel. I have a black vert and am getting the 40th package. The Razors wil be awesome...I am leaning toward the chrome...

Those are sic

Yours look like they match your paint. Gunmetal gray right??

I was going to go with the them then I saw some MOZ Cougars. I have had the spokes painted Vista Blue to match the paint.

Pick them up next week Wll post pics

Welcome to the forum and very nice cars!

I'm considering Razors also...but I have issues with them only being 9" wide...I want to go with wider Nittos in an 18".

I'm still investigating options. How did you get the TPMS set up? WHat bands did you use? Any issues recalibrating?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I have not set up the TPMS as of yet........my installer installed the tires without them, yes my little orange light comes on on the dash, does not bother me so far cant even notice it.........I have 4 TPMS on order and am going to install them all on the spare tire........my installer told me this little secret, he said you can install them all on the spare tire and the car thinks it is all perfect and little light on dash goes away. Cool yes!!!!

Hope this answered your question Dave.

Kevin

Those are sic

Yours look like they match your paint. Gunmetal gray right??

I was going to go with the them then I saw some MOZ Cougars. I have had the spokes painted Vista Blue to match the paint.

Pick them up next week Wll post pics

Yes gun metal........they do match absolutely perfect with the Tungsten Grey exterior I have.

Nice cars is the 65` Shelby a real one or kit?

The 65 shelby is a kit and was built in 2001 by Unique Motorcars........The California Title does say 1965 Shelby Cobra though....and the vin says 1965.

Has 435 hp at 2200lbs.......My GT500 with Pulley and CAI and Tune hauls ass, deep 12 second car for sure............but man you get in the 65' cobra and it really is a diffrent animal. Totally diffrent cars, they are both awesome in there own right.

Kevin

Wheels look great on the car, appears the color of the wheel matches the car, how close are they? What size and any issues with clearance?

They do match absolutely perfect........255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rear.........make sure you get the razors for the GT500 or they will not fit...........The GT500 added 2mm offset to clear the brembo brakes. Make sure you order 24mm plus 2mm. Needs a set of eibachs to bring it down a inch or so to fit perfect. Sits a bit high for me.

Kevin

Dave,

I have not set up the TPMS as of yet........my installer installed the tires without them, yes my little orange light comes on on the dash, does not bother me so far cant even notice it.........I have 4 TPMS on order and am going to install them all on the spare tire........my installer told me this little secret, he said you can install them all on the spare tire and the car thinks it is all perfect and little light on dash goes away. Cool yes!!!!

Hope this answered your question Dave.

Kevin

Wow, thanks for all the info. I do have one other small question...

What size spare do you have? If you use the original wheel, others have said it won't fit in the trunk hole.

I like the idea about mounting all four sensors on one wheel.

Thanks again...sorry to keep asking questions.

Dave

Wow, thanks for all the info. I do have one other small question...

What size spare do you have? If you use the original wheel, others have said it won't fit in the trunk hole.

I like the idea about mounting all four sensors on one wheel.

Thanks again...sorry to keep asking questions.

Dave

Dave,

FYI - After 48 hours my TPMS in my car went OFF.........No more light, so it seems unless you dont need the TPMS, you dont need the sensors..............I cancelled my order today. I don't want them or need them.

Thxs,

Kevin

Archived