TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's time for a change!

Well, I've nearly reached the 65k mileage mark, and the SGT is past beginning to show it's age - at least suspension wise, that is!

I'm going to go through the stock suspension - struts, shocks, bushings, etc. and was looking to see what others have done - maintain stock or upgrade?

I'm on a bit of a budget, but will upgrade where necessary - front/rear LCAs for instance - but will consider all suggestions. Not really time critical, so I plan on gathering all the parts, then do a all-at-once-and-done weekend, (or two), install!

Couple of things I'm looking at - Koni Sport adjustable Sport shocks/struts, GT500 front LCAs, Ford Racing front upper strut mount, Ford Racing bump stops. I occasionally track the car, and do some rather spirited street driving!

Again, would love to hear thoughts/experiences from you all!

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

On the H, I have Eibach Pro Coil-overs all around. Up front I went with the GT500 upper mounts, front LCA's and the Steeda bumpsteer kit. I also went with the MM caster/camber kit with the CS logo. On the rear, I did BMR LCA's, Adjustable Panhard, BMR sway bar and Spherical bearing upper mount. I like the adjustability of the Eibach's because it allowed the car to be lowered more than what the Ford Racing springs did originally. The spherical bearing upper mount creates a bit of a noisy/bumpy ride on our local roads here in SA, but in spirited driving, in does make a difference with the SRA. I would recommend doing the caster/camber plates. It is worth the cost. You are welcome to drive it the next time we are out somewhere and see what you think with that setup.

I'm still running the stock springs with Koni Yellow adjustable shocks/struts GT500 strut mounts up front. Out back I've added BMR Watts link, Fore Aluminum control arms, steeda upper control arm, and BMR lower control arm relocation brackets. Rides better than stock and tracks way better! Good luck.

1 - makes no sense to replace stock suspension with stock suspension

2 - you will save yourself a lot of money and hassle by doing the entire suspension at the same time. Not a good idea to put new dampers on with old springs and you've probably heard if replacing two shocks then replace all four

3 - never a good idea to mix and max suspension parts from 3-5 companies as their parts are tested with their parts not tested with 4 other companies.

4 - Coil-Overs/Shocks - never skimp on these as your car will handle only as good as the suspension controls the car

5 - before buying try to ride in a couple cars with different suspension to see what you like as track setup not very good for every day commute to work and back

6 - do your research rather than taking too many opinions from every one as many people are bias to the product they use and not best for your needs

I just replaced front lower control arms and tie rods, then replaced those worn out sway bar end links with Whiteline ones. I had already replaced the strut mounts with GT500 ones a couple years ago. She handles like a dream.

Well, I've nearly reached the 65k mileage mark, and the SGT is past beginning to show it's age - at least suspension wise, that is!

I'm going to go through the stock suspension - struts, shocks, bushings, etc. and was looking to see what others have done - maintain stock or upgrade?

I'm on a bit of a budget, but will upgrade where necessary - front/rear LCAs for instance - but will consider all suggestions. Not really time critical, so I plan on gathering all the parts, then do a all-at-once-and-done weekend, (or two), install!

Couple of things I'm looking at - Koni Sport adjustable Sport shocks/struts, GT500 front LCAs, Ford Racing front upper strut mount, Ford Racing bump stops. I occasionally track the car, and do some rather spirited street driving!

Again, would love to hear thoughts/experiences from you all!

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

Come to the mountains and drive mine.

Andrew

Suspension mods

BMR Tubular K-Member (KM011)

BMR Tubular A-Arms (AA024)

BMR A-Arm Support Bar (AAS001)

BMR Chassis Brace Radiator Support (CB004)

BMR Radiator Support (RS003)

BMR Pan Hard Bar Support (PHR007)

Fays'2 Watts link

FRPP Strut Tower Brace M-20201-S197

FRPP Sway Bars and Anti-Roll Bars M-5490-A

FRPP Jounce Bump Stop Kit M-5570-A

J&M Adjustable Upper Control Arm

J&M Lower Control Arms with Relocation Brackets

Kenny Brown Jacking Rails

Koni Yellow Adjustable Struts and Shocks

Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Caster Camber Plates

Steeda Bump Steer Kit

Steeda X5 Ball Joints

Steeda Front Street End Link Kit

Steeda. Rear Chassis X brace

Vogtland Lowering Sport Springs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input!

The list so far:

Koni Sport Adjustable Shocks/Struts

Ford GT500 Strut Mounts

Max Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates

BMR Front End K-Member, LCAs

BMR Rear Upper/Lower Control arms with relocation brackets

New Sway Bar Bushings all around

Almost $3000 in upgrades! Whew! This will take some creative "slush fund" work!

I had previously installed the Fays2 Watts Link, so that's a little less money I have to spend!

Sam