TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scuffled with 2 Vettes today.

One was on 515 in Cherekee County Georgia. All black and looked new-beat him hands down even though my car has no mods and I had mucho luggage. Second was on I-75 in Atlanta. Race so short it was hard to say, but we started in 3rd and he was pulling away from me. I can't wait to get some mods now-it is in the blood! It looked about 5-8 years old-all red. He was having a blast too, but we did not want to risk anyones life.

One was on 515 in Cherekee County Georgia. All black and looked new-beat him hands down even though my car has no mods and I had mucho luggage. Second was on I-75 in Atlanta. Race so short it was hard to say, but we started in 3rd and he was pulling away from me. I can't wait to get some mods now-it is in the blood! It looked about 5-8 years old-all red. He was having a blast too, but we did not want to risk anyones life.

Wow man if you were in my neighborhood you should have stopped by for some food and fun!!!! Dern next time you are going by let me know, our home is open. Love to have guests and have plenty of room for overnighters too.

• 4 weeks later...

I got into a bit of “forbidden” fun :rolleyes: today at the local river parks driveway. While sitting at the lights and looking to my left I noticed at what looked like a regular Honda Civic. We both had our windows down and started talking. Nice guy, he commented on how nice my car looked and if I wanted to give it a “go”. I thought to myself “what the heck?” this should be an easy one.

Well, after the lights turned green I take off fast but at moderate speed, I notice that the Honda is right next to me and keeping up with me pretty well! So, I decide to go “warp speed” and he is still keeping up with me! :blink:

We had to slow down because of another intersection with a red light and stopped traffic.

Not to mention one of the local police stations.....

I didn’t get a chance to ask him what he had under the hood, but I was amazed at how fast the Honda was able to drive!

Definitely not a stock engine! Anyone know what makes these Hondas so fast?

Anyone know anything about these “Forced Induction - Turbo Kits & Superchargers” designed for the Honda Civic?

Here is an interesting link: http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civi.../turbokits.html

It just goes to show you never know what is under the hood of another car! :headscratch:

Thanks SCGT500 and str8black500,

Yes, weight is a big difference between the two cars. The Honda can take off sooner at the start due to weight but the Shelby will eventually pass it when the SC reaches close to 6000RPM in 5th gear. Honda ahead during the 1st half of the 1/4 mile, Shelby ahead the 2nd half of the 1/4 mile. I'm not sure of the distance we raced. No doubt the Shelby is the fastest car, the problem is the driver (me!).

I'll give the guy some credit, if he was driving a stick his shifting timing was better than mine, plus I think I was "babying" my gears somewhat since my car only has 400 miles. I need to practice my shifting points some more. As someone mentioned before:

"You don't have to have the fastest car at the track to win a bracket race. It is very important for you to practice your launch and work on your reaction time. If you want to win races you need to be as consistent as your vehicle, or you might as well just sit and watch. Practicing your launch means, working hard to come off of the starting line the same way every time! All of the stuff above will mean nothing if you can't get off of the starting line consistently. This takes lots of practice. To be consistent with a 6 speed, it will take a lot of practice. Consistent runs will require that you maintain the same shift points once you have determined where the best shift points are."

The Honduh probably weighs about 2300 lbs compared to your 3800 lbs. They can mod the heck out of their motor, but it is very expensive and the motor doesn't hold up long under those extreme conditions.

I weighed mine at the track! They have New scales. 4155lbs with me in it and a little less than half a tank. I weigh 215.

we have a weigh station near by .. i might get mine weighed too

Archived