TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any tips/tricks to...

kazman

installing SAI brake duct bezels in a 2007 lower grille?

I found a few posts from years ago, just wondering if there is any more/newer advice from anyone.

Seems one must keep the hole saw parallel to the axis of the duct and probably better to take the front cover off, no?

TIA,

Dennis

Edited by kazman

installing SAI brake duct bezels in a 2007 lower grille?

I found a few posts from years ago, just wondering if there is any more/newer advice from anyone.

Seems one must keep the hole saw parallel to the axis of the duct and probably better to take the front cover off, no?

TIA,

Dennis

Dennis its best to have it on a hoist or jack stand & yes you need to take the bottom cover off . Its very critical to keep the hole saw parallel. & let the bit do the cutting (meaning do not push hard as it will chip the outer plastic when it breaks through). The drivers side is the hardest as there is less room for the drill but not to bad . Just go slow & you will be fine

I was actually thinking about taking the front bumper cover off. Seems easy enough, plus I need to do some reconnoitering as to my 13/14 I/C upgrade.