TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Spied Inching Closer to Production

Larry T

that article is based on a few pictures and that's it. Gee, gotta love fake news. Why can't people just wait for something to actually be produced and announced, instead of creating click-bait by making stuff up.

that article is based on a few pictures and that's it. Gee, gotta love fake news. Why can't people just wait for something to actually be produced and announced, instead of creating click-bait by making stuff up.

I guess it adds to the excitement, the word is it will be a big block. ;)

I guess it adds to the excitement, the word is it will be a big block. ;)

Yep....that's what I heard, since the Ford/Chevy Transmissions are doing pretty good, Ford and Chevy are working together on a new Big Block V8. A cross between the old Ford 427 and the old Chevy 427. They are calling it the "FC 427" and it will be an Ecoboost with special Exhaust Cut-Outs to bypass the Turbo. With the Turbo Bipassed it will have about 627 HP with 652 Pound Foot of Torque and with the Turbo in use it will jump to 853 HP and 797 PFT. Completely assembled, the Engine will have 50 fewer pounds then the 5.0 V8 but cost $67.00 more to produce. They plan to take Ford Blue Paint and Chevy Orange Paint and mix them together to paint the Engines. Should be very interesting to see it perform.

Edited by tesgt350

Yep....that's what I heard, since the Ford/Chevy Transmissions are doing pretty good, Ford and Chevy are working together on a new Big Block V8. A cross between the old Ford 427 and the old Chevy 427. They are calling it the "FC 427" and it will be an Ecoboost with special Exhaust Cut-Outs to bypass the Turbo. With the Turbo Bipassed it will have about 627 HP with 652 Pound Foot of Torque and with the Turbo in use it will jump to 853 HP and 797 PFT. Completely assembled, the Engine will have 50 fewer pounds then the 5.0 V8 but cost $67.00 more to produce. They plan to take Ford Blue Paint and Chevy Orange Paint and mix them together to paint the Engines. Should be very interesting to see it perform.

Link please...... :lurk: