TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Super Snake color combos

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks great. Where are the 40th pictures with 40th Silver?

Nice to be able to see what black stripes would look like with all available colors. I'm still not convinced about black... If I was purchasing a car with a Supersnake conversion in mind, I would probably go for Grabber Orange; reminds me of the old Boss.

Nice to be able to see what black stripes would look like with all available colors. I'm still not convinced about black... If I was purchasing a car with a Supersnake conversion in mind, I would probably go for Grabber Orange; reminds me of the old Boss.

I think there are some key words here, "If I was purchasing a car with a Supersnake conversion in mind" I think many of us would have given more thought as to how our final cars would look. Unfortunately we were subjected to the "Ready, Fire, Aim" theory in new product introduction.

I really want those flat black stripes for my black 07 gt500!!!!!!

Now I hope they offer all of these parts individually to us regular gt500 owners so I can build my own super snake!

They won't be offering everything as parts, Chuck. Some stuff will only be part of a package. Once you plunk down a $6k deposit, you have 3 years to get the SS conversion done......Ehhhhhhh :devil: just DO it!!!

It's 10k Non-Refundable Crispy & then another 10k when the works starts & the rest (10k/includes the tax) at delivery

Grabber Orange looks great, can't say the same for the rest. $10k Non-refundable. That is a bunch of crap. They can keep their SS package!

These were provided by Amyb to get an idea of the color combos of the NEW SUPER SNAKE!!!

Thanks Amyb!!!

You didn't post RED, you don't like RED?? :cry:

It's 10k Non-Refundable Crispy & then another 10k when the works starts & the rest (10k/includes the tax) at delivery

Yes Amy changed what she said to me in a PM, at first she said 6k and 3yrs to do tit, now it's 10k and 3yr to do ti

Grabber Orange looks great, can't say the same for the rest. $10k Non-refundable. That is a bunch of crap. They can keep their SS package!

It's like when you buy a car, you look at all the options, if you like, you buy (put deposit down as part of your contract) if you don't like you don't buy.

I have done remodel/build projects that people give me 10k-15k as a deposit before I start building, it is a way to get some cash flow, what, do you expect someone that doesn't know you to buy all the material ON THEIR DIME and then have you back out leaving them with the material bill, sometimes you can take them back, but alot of times re-stock fee, plus all your time wasted organizing, scheduling, back and forth to get things all wasted while could've been on another project, just because YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND!! I have had clients like you, I tell them, if I was recomended to you by friends/family they like my work and/or you see examples of my work and like and want my services then this is how I do business, do you want it or not (not in those words) get the idea??

When the 2007 GT500 first came out most people bought and put down a deposit sight unseen. Ford did not release any photos of the different colors so people did not know for sure if the color option was the one for them did not stop people then.

It's like when you buy a car, you look at all the options, if you like, you buy (put deposit down as part of your contract) if you don't like you don't buy.

I have done remodel/build projects that people give me 10k-15k as a deposit before I start building, it is a way to get some cash flow, what, do you expect someone that doesn't know you to buy all the material ON THEIR DIME and then have you back out leaving them with the material bill, sometimes you can take them back, but alot of times re-stock fee, plus all your time wasted organizing, scheduling, back and forth to get things all wasted while could've been on another project, just because YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND!! I have had clients like you, I tell them, if I was recomended to you by friends/family they like my work and/or you see examples of my work and like and want my services then this is how I do business, do you want it or not (not in those words) get the idea??

Exactly. Without the deposit, anyone can back out and leave them holding the bag. With alot of expensive componants, planning, etc as waste. $6k or $10k, if you are going to do it, there would not be that much difference. Typically, many contractors ask for either 1/3 or 1/2 up front before construction (ie: homes), and you never even know if the guy is going to show up on time.

Consider the deposit so they can pre-order a chunk of the componants knowing their volume, so they don't get soaked if you back out. I do not think that's unreasonable.

Exactly. Without the deposit, anyone can back out and leave them holding the bag. With alot of expensive componants, planning, etc as waste. $6k or $10k, if you are going to do it, there would not be that much difference. Typically, many contractors ask for either 1/3 or 1/2 up front before construction (ie: homes), and you never even know if the guy is going to show up on time.

Consider the deposit so they can pre-order a chunk of the componants knowing their volume, so they don't get soaked if you back out. I do not think that's unreasonable.

Its very simple. They call you and ask if you want on the list. If you say yes, thats it for the time being. No depost required. Within 2-4 weeks (even 4-6 weeks) of when your car is scheduled to ship to SAI, you put down non-refundable deposit at that time. That leaves them plenty of time to get parts. They are the same parts for every vehicle. Tracking inventory is NOT that difficult. This method allows SAI to stay in front of orders, without the risk of overstocking, as well as providing the customer ample time to make up their mind once the package has been completely defined and finalized, not to mention not being out $10K for an indefinite period of time.

Its very simple. They call you and ask if you want on the list. If you say yes, thats it for the time being. No depost required. Within 2-4 weeks (even 4-6 weeks) of when your car is scheduled to ship to SAI, you put down non-refundable deposit at that time. That leaves them plenty of time to get parts. They are the same parts for every vehicle. Tracking inventory is NOT that difficult. This method allows SAI to stay in front of orders, without the risk of overstocking, as well as providing the customer ample time to make up their mind once the package has been completely defined and finalized, not to mention not being out $10K for an indefinite period of time.

My bet would be that the S/C would be the obvious sticking point. Not that I know for sure, but it's new and has great characteristics, so there will be big demand on this unit outside of SAI.

Remember Ford's angst with the stock Shelby S/C? They were very concerned that they could not get enough. Considering this S/C is a new design- and a home-run at that- I would not blame them if they needed to forecast production for their supplier. The Alcoa wheels are new, too. Also, who can say how the other suppliers need to be prepared for production?

Then SAI would hear nothing but complaints about how production is delayed, or worse yet, that their car could not be built due to vendor-supply issues. Then what would you say?

With one-off production such as this, I don't think just-in-time ordering would be a viable model, as many of these parts are SS-only. Are you willing to settle for a lesser supercharger, or want to wait for your ordered parts for the build-up to come in? I doubt it.

Try and buy an exotic (much higher production than the Super Snake) without leaving a substantial non-refundable deposit 6 months, a year, even two years in advance.

In my opinion, what you are expecting is just not reasonable given the nature and super low volume of this model. You have to frame your expectations relevant to the rarity & exclusivity of the build.

$10k deposit is fine, but not offering all parts individually is just plain stupid. From a business standpoint it makes no sense because SAI will never sell enough SS GT500's to recoup the cost for them to develope and test all the new parts specific to the SS.

I bet you once the SS starts production, any part you want will be available. Name any car in history that did not have any part off of it available for sale separately?

Now, I am not saying it will not cost an arm and a leg but they will be available, all in good time. Makes 0 business sense not to, and trust me they do not care about keeping those few SS owners "exclusive," SAI is in business to make money just like any other company. Also, anything in life is for sale for the right price.

$10k deposit is fine, but not offering all parts individually is just plain stupid. From a business standpoint it makes no sense because SAI will never sell enough SS GT500's to recoup the cost for them to develope and test all the new parts specific to the SS.

I bet you once the SS starts production, any part you want will be available. Name any car in history that did not have any part off of it available for sale separately?

Now, I am not saying it will not cost an arm and a leg but they will be available, all in good time. Makes 0 business sense not to, and trust me they do not care about keeping those few SS owners "exclusive," SAI is in business to make money just like any other company. Also, anything in life is for sale for the right price.

RIGHT. $10k doesn't sound so bad, Chuck.

As far as the parts, I think they are trying to prevent "clone-age" so someone can't make a fake.

Stuff like SS badges, etc would most likely be available for someone who has an SS that got into an accident or something. I think that they are just trying to prevent forgeries. Just a guess...

I really want those flat black stripes for my black 07 gt500!!!!!!

Now I hope they offer all of these parts individually to us regular gt500 owners so I can build my own super snake!

+10,000 or is that + 27,000 Chuck

That color combo is the most BAD ASS I HAVE SEEN

Ebony with Flat black stripes

BAD ASS

These were provided by Amyb to get an idea of the color combos of the NEW SUPER SNAKE!!!

Thanks Amyb!!!

I modified one of Amy's pictures in Paint Shop Pro.

I know, I know, I'm not very good at it.

Amy, I hope you don't mind that I messed with one of your pictures.

But now we can get an idea what a:

Grabber Orange Super Snake Vert looks like.

Alan

Archived