TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 WILL NOT START SOMETIMES. NEED HELP

Shelby95322

Hello, I'm really concerned about this issue, Sometimes when I try to start it, it just will not start, no clicking sounds, I replaced the battery, Installed Alternator High 200 Amp 2 years ago, I already went to three different Mechanical shops, Dealer and a Alarms place, They fixed the issue temporally but nothing permanent, they checked the starter, replaced relays, one of them told me, it had a aftermarket alarm and that was the problem, they took it off, it worked but next day the same issue.

Right now the only way to make it start is to wait 1 or 2 hours and it will start like there is no problem, Or the last 3 times that it happened, I just disconnected the battery wait for 5 minutes, plug the battery again and will start.

ECM??

This is my first post in this forum and I will really appreciate if someone can guide me in the right direction, Thank you.

may be a bad starter, or starter experiencing thermal overload. Some people have replaced the starter and solved the issue. Good Luck and let us know if you get it solved.

Next time, immediately use a OBDII checker to see if any codes come up. Try to see if the car has accessory power before cranking. All the low voltage electronics and ECU can be a PIA to trouble shoot. Good luck. Let us know what the answer is once the problem is solved.

No "click" leads me to the Ignition Switch? One time when it's dead, try jumping the starter motor with a screwdriver or remote switch. I had a General Motors car with that symptom, and a new ignition switch cured it.