TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-2008 SGT Body Side Scoops Question

BIKEBOY

Does anyone know infatically, if SAI drilled into the 1/4's to install the SGT body side scoops, or just applied them with the supplied 3M tape alone???

When I put them on my 2007 GT500, I did in fact drill the holes for the push pins, along with the extra hold of the 3M tape.

I'm asking because my drivers side scoop on my SGT is pulling away at the top edge and I'd like to fix it. But if the push pins were used, I'm probably F'd!! It'd be good to know before I just go running fishing line around the perimeter of the scoop. :doh:

Thanks guys!!

BB

BB - I am positive that the decorative rear quarter side scoops were already installed on the base Mustang GT at the Ford Assembly line -before- car shipment to SAI for SGT conversion. So the rear quarter side scoops on the 2007/8 SGTs are standard Mustang GT-California Special equipment... SAI didn't touch them. Your local Ford Parts guy might be able to pull up information on how those scoops are attached... might be a few removed scoops for sale on eBay with pictures to look at too.

Good luck with your project and happy motoring,

I concur, two holes for push pins and 3M. You'll have to remove the whole scoop to redo properly. Pain in the ass but doable. You'll need to get replacement push pins (probably any auto parts store).

Ok, cool. Yes, I did in fact buy Cal Special scoops for my 500 ( exact same ones on the SGT's) and followed the destructions to a 'T' ..... Drilling the 10mm (?) holes and the 3M tape. Just have read over the years that some guys bypassed the drilling and pushpins and wondered if that happened on these....thanks for all the input fellas!

BB

Here's hoping......................................................... :doh:

You are correct the tape wouldn't hold them in that location. You have to check first because I think the clips are one time use so you take them off you need new ones

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking at this thing again today. Thank God the car and scoops are black. Gaps are FAR MORE forgiving in black. I may blow it off.

Don't feel like dicking with it frankly.

My fiberglass window scoops shipped today for it. Been all over the board with this mod, on this car. Never dreamed of doing scoops on this one. But I found the Kaenen Eng. scoops I had on my white '07 500 on sale for $89.00 and figured it had to be done now. They are the very best retro match IMHO.

In black I figger they'll even look better.

Edited by BIKEBOY

My fiberglass window scoops shipped today for it. Been all over the board with this mod, on this car. Never dreamed of doing scoops on this one. But I found the Kaenen Eng. scoops I had on my white '07 500 on sale for $89.00 and figured it had to be done now. They are the very best retro match IMHO.

In black I figger they'll even look better.

Bikeboy, can I ask where you got them? I may be interested in getting them as well. Looking for something new. Old scoops/louvers have been on there for years.

Can't seem to find anything on them on the web.

thanks in advance,

Jeff

Edited by MyBlueHeaven