TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350/Super Snake/ or GT-E

Eddie0909

I would like some feedback !!

I am debating which to pursue.

Super Snake and GT-E are from Shelby in Vegas. GT350 is from Ford.

None would be a daily driver or tracked. (For that matter, ever driven REALLY HARD !!!)

I'm thinking the GT350 parts would be more readily available in years to come (being from Ford) than parts from Shelby. (Very limited production run and if you need something after that, you are S.O.L. !!)

NO A.D.M on the GT-E or Super Snake ! Dealers are asking some steep A.D.M.'s on GT350's. (I think it's possible to get a Super Snake for a

bit more than a GT350 with the dealer A.D.M.)

I would think the Super Snake and GT-E would be more rare then the GT350.

Feedback please !!

If all things are equal, then I would go with a car I had built for me and it would be the Super Snake, I think you will be happier with it and I think its a better bang for your buck and with the museum delivery it will be a memory that will last a lifetime and something that you can pass on to family.

If it's never going to be driven "really hard", what difference does it make which one you choose? The joy is in the driving. If you like to turn corners, the GT350 is more likely to fit. If you want to burn out, the Super Snake. If you just want to demonstrate you can spend money, look into the contemporary art market. In any case, depend on your own taste, not that of strangers.

Edited by Frank S

I would never own a Garage Queen, it is a waste of good Money and destroys a good Car. If you don't plan on really Driving it, get Posters of all Three. To Quote "Carroll Shelby", "These Cars were built to be driven. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by tesgt350

Is the Terlingua package still available?

QSS

Last I heard recently, yes a few slots left. This is a rare car and best or breed for sure. Having driven my friends, and having driven everything out there from Shelby, WOW.

David

This car, which ever one I choose, won't be a "Garage Queen" . However, it won't be a daily driver either. Once or twice a week with the periodic car show. I'd drive it church sometimes. (Yes, I actually said that !! LOL Hearing that car drive up may put the fear of God in a few people !!)

I've also noticed not one person liked the GT-E. Interesting !!!

This car, which ever one I choose, won't be a "Garage Queen" . However, it won't be a daily driver either. Once or twice a week with the periodic car show. I'd drive it church sometimes. (Yes, I actually said that !! LOL Hearing that car drive up may put the fear of God in a few people !!)

I'll say it. I've driven my Shelby GTS to church. :-)

If the price for the GTE is lowered to the same price that the GTS was, I would recommend the GTE.

Edited by PatentMan

For me if I could have any of the choices listed, then I could also choose the Terlingua, which would be my choice for the cool factor!

Mine are driven as they are meant to be! The first one (black 07 SGT) was used for road and track duty up until last year when my second one (white 07 SGT) reached phase one of it's revival from flood damage to serve out its next life for dedicated track duty. Now the black one will serve for legal road use and white for track duty.

Point is this wouldn't change for me if I could pull off a terlingua as it would also be used as it was meant and not the garage queen flower!

However, my plans are to eventually own the 4 different colored SGT Coupe's (Black-check, white-check, Vista Blue, Grabber Orange)

It's not that the GTE is disliked, at least I don't think, but the Super Snake is more the top end car; with the GTE being a more affordable, but quality option, since it was designed more as an entry-level Shelby (at least that's the impression I got when it was unveiled at Indy last year). But the GTE also has plenty of options, depending on the budget.

I have a Terlingua, drove it on the F1 track, COTA, drove it down the Texas mile, and I will tell you after owning many many Shelby's, it is the best I've ever driven. On the road cruising it is balanced, comfortable and well behaved, went with a fully optioned automatic because all my others are manual, and I like it WAY more than I expected. Its great in traffic, or driving 180mph! (Yes, I've driven that fast in it under closed road setting and it is solid). I suppose you will likely get a similar experience in a supersnake, but the Terlingua is so in-your-face, it's a real treat.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...